watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AK47 unleashing

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 02, 2018, 09:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

AK47 may finally be coming good. Pure and raw talent from the lad. He should have had 3 tonight. Excellent play from him and he finally is fitting in with the system. 6 goals this season and long may he continue scoring. The next Barry Hayles for us?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

Most of us have been saying that our top priority is a new striker, well I think we will have to start thinking of a transfer fee above £10m if we are going to get one better than Kamara.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: filham on January 02, 2018, 09:55:15 PM
Most of us have been saying that our top priority is a new striker, well I think we will have to start thinking of a transfer fee above £10m if we are going to get one better than Kamara.

It is a tough scenario and proposition. Could AK's form take a dire turn for the worst in February if we overlook a striker because they cost too much? If we should buy a replacement striker, and they are equally as dire and we bench AK while his momentum is on the up-and-up, do we risk alienation and decreased dividends on his end? I think we most certainly need a new striker, because Rui is very much not what we are looking for in that role, however, AK should not lose his place to a new player should he keep plugging goals away. 
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

NogoodBoyo

Actually, he could have had 4.  Don't forget the fizzer from Kebano on the left which he missed in the first half from two yards out; he seemed torn between a diving header and a right-footed glider.  And his hat-trick chance in the 89th.  He won't get many better chances.  But the great news for Fulham is that he works hard, he gets into good positions and is prepared to give it a go.  Those sort of strikers get goals
Nogood "no hiding, see" Boyo

ToodlesMcToot

As supporters, we've become far too impatient with new players acclimatizing to both the club and, in Kamara's case the country as well. I've said it before but, I recall being lightly chastised early in my time with FFC for expecting too much too soon....reminded that it can sometimes take a full season for players to reach their potential in a new league/new club.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

bobby01

He really wants to do well and is getting better and better. He was involved in most of the attacks tonight. Still raw but with that power and pace and some good coaching we could have a gem on our hands.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

colinwhite

Credit where it is due.  hes done very well in the last 2 games and long may it continue ,but still think we need another striker.

General

He's now our second highest goalscorer after tonight - second only to Sessegnon with 7 and 6 goals respectively.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: General on January 02, 2018, 10:17:25 PM
He's now our second highest goalscorer after tonight - second only to Sessegnon with 7 and 6 goals respectively.

Amazing when you consider Sess is 17 and is also sometimes playing at LB . Nice one AK47.

Bassey the warrior

Long may it continue. But we'd be foolhardy not to bring in another striker this window. He could be a streaky player and find it hard to score again for a while once he runs out of form.

thebumponleroyshead

So pleased as his attitude is first rate he ostensibly won or should that be swung the game by tackling fairly but also letting the town player know he was there, that's what drew the petulance and the ensuing storm Eleanor of goals. Thank you ak47 for making 2018 so far!!! Coysw
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

howitis

I can't quite believe what I'm reading. The man is absolutely hopeless and is overall performance tonight was poor.
Has no idea positionally and is often an obstruction to our forward movement. To those with an eager eye, his pot movement was often ignored by our more creative players and he was often on his heels and slow to react when balls were flashed across the box.
He is not the answer now or ever and we need to replace him and Fonte to have any chance of promotion this or any season.

Twig

Quote from: howitis on January 02, 2018, 11:19:04 PM
I can't quite believe what I'm reading. The man is absolutely hopeless and is overall performance tonight was poor.
Has no idea positionally and is often an obstruction to our forward movement. To those with an eager eye, his pot movement was often ignored by our more creative players and he was often on his heels and slow to react when balls were flashed across the box.
He is not the answer now or ever and we need to replace him and Fonte to have any chance of promotion this or any season.

WUM alert

@jolslover

Disagree.
STH H3

BarneyTravers

He'd be in my Fulham 2017-18 team every week till someone comes in better.

coyw

ThisIsntAJok

He strikes me as very much a confidence player. Was late to balls in the box in the first half, but after his first, he was a constant threat, and took his second well. He has the physical attributes, and at 22, there is still time for him to work on his positioning and technique. An experienced proven striker is definitely still needed this month to challenge him and force him to improve.

I don't disagree though, before these last two games I have been very unimpressed with him.

Matt10

He's fantastic. Big presence, pacey as all knows it, and can finish. The only thing he needs to work on is honing in on that shot to goal ratio. Right now he's due a goal every 5 shots, and he needs to get that to 3, then to 2. He's young, and my goodness, boys, he's going to go places - let's not take him for granted at all.

New Kid on the Block

I'm gonna temper my excitement about him, for the moment.

I've not been at all impressed with him so far. Yes, it's great he's scoring goals, but he does miss some good opportunities that other strikers would put away. For a 'big unit', he spends more time on the ground than any other Fulham player.

Still need to buy another striker, in my opinion, if for no other reason, than he gets injured.

Having said all that, keep scoring goals AK.

Arthur

Quote from: Matt10 on January 03, 2018, 03:46:00 AM
Right now he's due a goal every 5 shots, and he needs to get that to 3, then to 2.

That's asking something. Malcolm MacDonald, who found the back of the net more times than most strikers do in their careers, used to say that given six chances to score, he would guarantee a goal. Now I know this didn't mean that he would only score one-goal-in-six (doubtless, there were many times that he bagged more), but even so, I can't imagine that very many high-scoring strikers take 50% of their chances.

hovewhite

Quote from: @jolslover on January 02, 2018, 11:51:29 PM

Disagree.
Harsh and unfair!