watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slav's rant

Started by f321ffc, January 05, 2018, 04:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Simple question has anyone seen or heard the actual footage of this so called rant, more than 24 hours after I have not seen or heard any sign of it.
Seems strange in the time of electronic media, the only source is Twitter and then Get West London start reporting it but no actual evidence, surely someone at the press conference would have recorded it.
Sceptical I may be but let's see the evidence.
COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Chesh

Actual quotes were printed.

Doubt it was recorded on anything other than a mobile phone/dictaphone and reproduced by the Radio London bloke who first broke it on twitter and the O'Donovan chap from GWL.

Would seem that these were the only two there, but the word for word quotes give it credibility for me. Surely a journalist wouldn't last long if they made actual quotes up....

One of my minor bugbears now - there's already a long thread on the subject of this press conference....would it not have been better to pop the question in there, rather than starting another one on the same subject. It's one of the things that would make the board more easier to navigate  :dft012:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Chesh on January 05, 2018, 05:11:51 PM

Doubt it was recorded on anything other than a mobile phone/dictaphone and reproduced by the Radio London bloke who first broke it on twitter and the O'Donovan chap from GWL.

Would seem that these were the only two there, but the word for word quotes give it credibility for me. Surely a journalist wouldn't last long if they made actual quotes up....

One of my minor bugbears now - there's already a long thread on the subject of this press conference....would it not have been better to pop the question in there, rather than starting another one on the same subject. It's one of the things that would make the board more easier to navigate  :dft012:

I questioned O'Donovan early on why he wasn't live tweeting the press conference since he'd posted a photo just before, indicating he was there.

I received a response from GWL's official Twitter with a link to the article.

It appears they stand by his reporting.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

f321ffc

Point taken re new thread, but I haven't bothered looking at that thread since mid morning because posts on it seemed to be too repetitive, and I rightly or wrongly thought that many others may have felt have same, so started new thread hoping to get some evidence.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

I am not sure it was a rant, more a conversation, a discussion. 
A rant as defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary is............
Speaking or shouting at length in a wild impassioned and angry way, emotional charged.
A tirade, a diatribe, fulminate, vociferate.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

f321ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 05, 2018, 05:24:27 PM
Speaking or shouting at length in a wild impassioned and angry way, emotional charged.
Sorry Woolly think your wrong there this is how Get West London reported it and their report seems to be the only evidence we have.
"Exclusive: Slavisa Jokanovic tells Fulham to back him or sack him amid furious transfer row"
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

dgnffc

Hate to say this but their primary job is to sell newspapers.

Huxley

Saw someone asking the chap on Twitter if he was actually there. He posted a reply with a photo of the empty seats. Again he was asked to confirm he was actually there, to which he replied yes he was. However.... *conspiracy theory* those reply tweets are no longer there....   094.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: f321ffc on January 05, 2018, 05:33:05 PM
Sorry Woolly think your wrong there this is how Get West London reported it and their report seems to be the only evidence we have.
"Exclusive: Slavisa Jokanovic tells Fulham to back him or sack him amid furious transfer row"

Oh dear, let's hope they back him then.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Of course, if another job is beckoning it's better to get sacked and receive compensation than break your contract and walk away with nowt.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

VicHalomsLovechild

[/quote]
I don't know how football managers' contracts work, but if he gets sacked for misconduct (eg a press conference rant) would you expect him to get compensation? if you get made redundant through no fault of your own, yes you expect compensation, but if you get sacked for nicking a laptop or coming into the office blind drunk on a friday afternoon, you don't get anything do you
[/quote]

So he was drunk when he said It! Whose laptop was It? Klines?

f321ffc

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 05, 2018, 09:32:24 PM

I don't know how football managers' contracts work, but if he gets sacked for misconduct (eg a press conference rant) would you expect him to get compensation? if you get made redundant through no fault of your own, yes you expect compensation, but if you get sacked for nicking a laptop or coming into the office blind drunk on a friday afternoon, you don't get anything do you
[/quote]
So he was drunk when he said It! Whose laptop was It? Klines

[/quote]
Carefull, Get West London headlines tomorrow,

Exclusive: Jokanovic in drunken transfer  row after stealing Khans laptop
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

Quote from: Statto on January 05, 2018, 09:16:58 PM
Quote from: Holders on January 05, 2018, 06:43:08 PM
Of course, if another job is beckoning it's better to get sacked and receive compensation than break your contract and walk away with nowt.

It's not redundancy though, that has its own definition - "reduction in the need for work of a particular kind" (i.e. not replacing him) - and hoops to jump through. Normal breach of contract elicits compensation but (and I have some experience in this) I don't think that what's been reported goes far enough to amount to "gross misconduct" unless his contract is drawn in such an explicit way that any criticism of the club at all could lead to termination - and that would be questionable legally anyway. Simpler if you want to get rid of someone who's become an irritant just to buy them off, dressed up as whatever suits. If he really were (and I'm not saying that he is) so devious as to try and get himself bought out to go elsewhere then he's clever enough to know how to manage it.

From my point of view, I hope he's not on that trip and if what's been reported is true then I support him.How he goes about it is another thing.

toshes mate

The Club would have to prove that the head coach broke his terms of contract in order to sack him without facing litigation for costs and compensation.  Clubs normally come to an agreement with outgoing personnel who have been 'very naughty boys' to avoid expensive legal costs at an employment tribunal.  One of the headaches Fulham would face is why they fielded him alone at press conferences without a Club PR official next to him because he has 'form' on such matters.  Fulham have a very weak case regardless because what SJ has said is true. 

It really is much as Holders says but Fulham do at least know how to stop it happening.

Holders

Quote from: toshes mate on January 06, 2018, 09:20:17 AM
The Club would have to prove that the head coach broke his terms of contract in order to sack him without facing litigation for costs and compensation.  Clubs normally come to an agreement with outgoing personnel who have been 'very naughty boys' to avoid expensive legal costs at an employment tribunal.  One of the headaches Fulham would face is why they fielded him alone at press conferences without a Club PR official next to him because he has 'form' on such matters.  Fulham have a very weak case regardless because what SJ has said is true. 

It really is much as Holders says but Fulham do at least know how to stop it happening.

This wouldn't be one for a tribunal, though, the maximum sum they could award would be pocket money. More a civil case but, as you say, normally resolved by a compromise agreement.

MJG

One of the headaches Fulham would face is why they fielded him alone at press conferences without a Club PR official next to him because he has 'form' on such matters.  Fulham have a very weak case regardless because what SJ has said is true. 

Not true as Carmelo Mifsud was there and he's at every press conference doing the job Sarah used to do.
Just the views of a long term fan

Nero

When is a rant not a rant when no ones there hear it, we don't know the tone or way these words where said, no slav it was a mumble that could be misunderstood

VicHalomsLovechild

Does anyone think that he may always be like this. His comment about Kamara the other day. Not being able to switch him on or off. You could view that as positive. "You just don't know what the kids going to do next" or in a negative way "I've no idea if he's listening to me or not."
Given that this is about the third or fourth window he's said something similar. Couple that to the fact he doesn't stay anywhere that long?

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2018, 10:05:35 AM
One of the headaches Fulham would face is why they fielded him alone at press conferences without a Club PR official next to him because he has 'form' on such matters.  Fulham have a very weak case regardless because what SJ has said is true. 

Not true as Carmelo Mifsud was there and he's at every press conference doing the job Sarah used to do.

Oh, I stand corrected, the invisible PR person is always there.  Sarah Brookes was pretty good especially when handling SJ over the Chris Martin debacle, but I am afraid to say Fulham have yet again failed to replace an outgoing employee adequately and that makes their case even weaker.   The Club should at least have a visible presence as their Communications 'hub' and if they don't then they ask for all they get.   Is it any wonder the Kline saga was such a mess?   Is anyone actually taking command of FFC? 

aaronmcguigan

Slav is basically a loose canon when it comes to PR, press conferences etc. It looks as if he isn't being briefed on what to say and how to say it. Press conferences are PR, advertising the club and surely its main focus is to promote the upcoming match and advertise the club in a positive light. Anyone other than maybe Wenger who basically is his club, needs to have input from the club on a media side in terms of how not to convey that the club is a mess.
he can barely speak the language properly so he needs as much support as he can get.