watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Manager's Body Language.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 06, 2018, 06:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Couldn't go to the match today because her indoors hasn't been too well last few days,so I had Final score on the red button,it shows you the teams arriving at the ground...What a comparison between Sean Dyche all pumped up and practically running into the ground.
We see Fulham arrive at the Cottage and Slvava dragging a case I think it was behind him and strolling in with a face like the middle of last week.
I know he rarely smiles,but I thought he looked a worried man with things on his mind.

The Old Count

Quote from: Statto on January 06, 2018, 06:26:33 PM
Yeah I do wish he smiled a bit more because all those other greats like Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho and Clough are always smiling during games aren't they

Ha ha! Well said.Ā  Alf Ramsey always looked like he was about to burst out laughing too

Mince n Tatties

Bit of a difference I think.
They won things šŸ˜€
What a ridiculous statement comparing him with them...But I suppose its on par with the usual crap you post Statto.šŸ˜Ž
Other greats that's the funniest thing I've read comparing him to Clough and Fergie...lol

Mince n Tatties

And I was on about his body language when he arrived at the ground,he looked a worried man.

davew

He didn't seem to be doing much on the touchline to either motivate players or criticise them, maybe it was too cold for him to shout! Perhaps what he really wanted to shout out is that we need some new players, at least there would have been 17k+ people who might have heard him, not just 1!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

I'm still laughing like never before,our manager being compared to greats like Fergie,Clough and Ramsey.
The forum is turning into a lunatic asylum.
šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Peabody

Quote from: davew on January 06, 2018, 06:41:10 PM
He didn't seem to be doing much on the touchline to either motivate players or criticise them, maybe it was too cold for him to shout! Perhaps what he really wanted to shout out is that we need some new players, at least there would have been 17k+ people who might have heard him, not just 1!

Sorry Dave but I was at the game and he was just as agitated as normal. But then you may have had a camera on him the whole game and prove me a liar.

davew

Quote from: Peabody on January 06, 2018, 06:58:21 PM
He didn't seem to be doing much on the touchline to either motivate players or criticise them, maybe it was too cold for him to shout! Perhaps what he really wanted to shout out is that we need some new players, at least there would have been 17k+ people who might have heard him, not just 1!

Sorry Dave but I was at the game and he was just as agitated as normal. But then you may have had a camera on him the whole game and prove me a liar.
I wasn't at the game but watched it live on an internet stream, a lot of time they were showing Joka, that's what I based my judgement on, you were perhaps just watching the football?

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 06, 2018, 06:55:03 PM
I'm still laughing like never before,our manager being compared to greats like Fergie,Clough and Ramsey.

FWIW that's not what he was suggesting - he was saying that the greats rarely smiled and therefore the managing ability of anyone has nothing to do with how they smile or if they look happy...

cmg

I've always thought that the interpretation of 'body language' to be just another piece of modern-day pseudo psychological bs.

Here's my favourite piece of Alf Ramsey 'body language'. Has his team a) just been relegated to the Nationwide league, or b) just won the greatest prize in the sport?

Peabody

Quote from: davew on January 06, 2018, 07:01:59 PM

I wasn't at the game but watched it live on an internet stream, a lot of time they were showing Joka, that's what I based my judgement on, you were perhaps just wafootball

Of course I was Dave and I have to say that if your method of viewing spends all of its time watching the coaches than watching the football,bthen need I say more.

Baszab

Kalas and McD totally ignored him when they came off
Kalas looked furious

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 06, 2018, 07:04:39 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 06, 2018, 06:55:03 PM

FWIW that's not what he was suggesting - he was saying that the greats rarely smiled and therefore the managing ability of anyone has nothing to do with how they smile or if they look happy...

No....He'sĀ  comparing them,read it properly.
All the other greats(he's bracketing Slava with them)
Anyway I couldn't give two monkeys now,my post was about how he looked when he arrived.
But we always get the usual mob who try to turn a comment the other way round to their benefit...Hilarious

davew

Quote from: Peabody on January 06, 2018, 07:22:06 PM
Quote from: davew on January 06, 2018, 07:01:59 PM

I wasn't at the game but watched it live on an internet stream, a lot of time they were showing Joka, that's what I based my judgement on, you were perhaps just wafootball

Of course I was Dave and I have to say that if your method of viewing spends all of its time watching the coaches than watching the football,bthen need I say more.
Perhaps you should read my post again!!! I have to watch what is show on a TV screen at home and if the stream supplier chooses to show a lot of coverage of our coach rather than the match, then that is what I am restricted to watching!!! Sometimes I would prefer to watch the match! Thanks for the advice though (lol)!

davew

Peabody, not going to enter into a 1 v 1 argument on here with you, we are both too old for that and there are too many conflicts between members starting on here, even when FFC are doing well.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: cmg on January 06, 2018, 07:16:15 PM
I've always thought that the interpretation of 'body language' to be just another piece of modern-day pseudo psychological bs.

Here's my favourite piece of Alf Ramsey 'body language'. Has his team a) just been relegated to the Nationwide league, or b) just won the greatest prize in the sport?

To be fair, looking at the photo, Greavies don't look to happy either!
Mind you, he has just watched his mates win the World Cup and he had to sit there in a suit watching, wishing he was playing!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

PokerMatt

Time for the body language one to come around again then is it?

My only thing to note from his body language today was that, near the end, he was frantically kicking the ball as if to say "get it up there quicker".

I'll drum up a quick list of animated managers I can think of. Pulis, Warnock, Holloway, Steve Evans.

Hmm maybe not such a bad thing.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 06, 2018, 09:10:14 PM
Time for the body language one to come around again then is it?

My only thing to note from his body language today was that, near the end, he was frantically kicking the ball as if to say "get it up there quicker".

I'll drum up a quick list of animated managers I can think of. Pulis, Warnock, Holloway, Steve Evans.

Hmm maybe not such a bad thing.

Another one who can't read a opening post properly.
I'm on about when the team arrived and going into the Cottage,his whole demeanor, looked like he was elsewhere and singing the clash number under his breath," Should I Stay Or Should I Go."

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on January 06, 2018, 08:53:04 PM
seem to have touched a nerve with you mince. were you planning a new career as a body language expert or mystic meg type? sorry to have shattered your dream mate

Not at all,I just found your quote about you bracketing our manager with OTHER greats the funniest thing I've read on these forums.

Jamie88

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 06, 2018, 11:00:59 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 06, 2018, 08:53:04 PM
seem to have touched a nerve with you mince. were you planning a new career as a body language expert or mystic meg type? sorry to have shattered your dream mate

Not at all,I just found your quote about you bracketing our manager with OTHER greats the funniest thing I've read on these forums.

He was quite obviously referring those managers to suggest you can succeed without being expressive. If you find that the funniest thing you've ever read on here then christ you have a dreadful sense of humour.. but we already knew that!