watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Jacksonville Jaguars

Started by ron, January 08, 2018, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

NFR. Can we just accept that they have no real place on these pages, except as the means of diluting our owner's concentration on fulfilling his moral obligations to we Fulham supporters....?

BedsFFC

Quote from: ron on January 08, 2018, 12:59:52 AM
NFR. Can we just accept that they have no real place on these pages, except as the means of diluting our owner's concentration on fulfilling his moral obligations to we Fulham supporters....?
You can if you really want to Ron.

HatterDon

Ron, you should put them on all the other Jax Jag's threads that are recent.

I don't think that they are the reason why, in many people's eyes, they're not doing enough for the team and for the supporters. I don't think that's the case. We've pretty much spent as much as we can and not get zapped by the Football League.

So, why do I agree with you about the Jags? Because American Pointy Football is a moronic sport which exists only to make rich people richer. It does NOT have the purity of association football, its pace is slow and boring. I'd rather watch Fleetwood v. Northfleet than watch the Super Bowl final.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: HatterDon on January 08, 2018, 03:29:03 AM
Ron, you should put them on all the other Jax Jag's threads that are recent.

I don't think that they are the reason why, in many people's eyes, they're not doing enough for the team and for the supporters. I don't think that's the case. We've pretty much spent as much as we can and not get zapped by the Football League.

So, why do I agree with you about the Jags? Because American Pointy Football is a moronic sport which exists only to make rich people richer. It does NOT have the purity of association football, its pace is slow and boring. I'd rather watch Fleetwood v. Northfleet than watch the Super Bowl final.

So you don't think the rich get richer bit applies to association football?

hovewhite

Can't stomach the American game myself should ban it from this site!

toshes mate

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 08, 2018, 04:57:53 AM
So you don't think the rich get richer bit applies to association football?
Got to agree with you there.  Media involvement in sport may have made a few richer but it has sure marginalised many and made them poorer.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: hovewhite on January 08, 2018, 07:15:06 AM
So anything YOU don't like should be banned from this site??
If someone wants to discuss The Masters Golf, or Wimbledon, or the 6 Nations, or anything else you don't like, just ban it?
:wow:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Holders

Quote from: HatterDon on January 08, 2018, 03:29:03 AM

In a nutshell from someone who should know.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

e4b

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 08, 2018, 10:34:26 AM
If someone wants to discuss The Masters Golf, or Wimbledon, or the 6 Nations, or anything else you don't like, just ban it?
Well said sir. Totally agree no music,film or tv programs should be discussed or posted either. Bit ott perhaps but they might not be to my liking.

The Rock

If it pertains to Fulham, then ok.

Example: It has been 10 years for the Khans to take the Jags to the playoffs. One might conclude: It will take 10 years for the Khans to next take us to the playoffs.

Feel better?

S.F.Sorrow

The difference of course being that every time we open up this forum there's a thread about the Jaguars on the front page. That's not the case with golf, tennis or whatever. The whole Jaguars thing is getting a bit tiresome. I'm not saying it should be banned but there's a separate subforum for NFR stuff. Perhaps the Jaguar threads can be moved there?

Frankly I don't understand why some people would want use this forum to discuss the Jags. They have their own forum and last time I checked there weren't anyone discussing FFC there.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on January 08, 2018, 06:54:59 PM

The difference of course being that every time we open up this forum there's a thread about the Jaguars on the front page. That's not the case with golf, tennis or whatever. The whole Jaguars thing is getting a bit tiresome. I'm not saying it should be banned but there's a separate subforum for NFR stuff. Perhaps the Jaguar threads can be moved there?

Frankly I don't understand why some people would want use this forum to discuss the Jags. They have their own forum and last time I checked there weren't anyone discussing FFC there.

Absolutely agree. It's tedious, irksome, dull and basically the most boring and hyped up game on the planet, even worse than croquette and it has no place on this forum.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

from a complete outsider, I see the Fulham link but starting discussions on it in a fulham forum is like going back 7/8 years and starting discussions based around what the special offer in Harrods is , just because it was owned by the Al Fayeds.

I understand people wanting it moved to a non fulham area, but is that consistent with chats about the Ashes for example which means little or nothing to some people , but ignoring it is easy as I just don't click on it. One can say the Ashes is patriotic etc.. but not everyone likes cricket, and certainly not everyone is from either England or Australia. Going by current rules and definitions , "general discussion " opens itself up rightly or wrongly , to invite many discussions from all walks of life.  But like I say each thread is titled so you have a choice to ignore it if you wish.

Ps there's 50% off skincare this week at Harrods

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 08, 2018, 09:05:49 PM
from a complete outsider, I see the Fulham link but starting discussions on it in a fulham forum is like going back 7/8 years and starting discussions based around what the special offer in Harrods is , just because it was owned by the Al Fayeds.

I understand people wanting it moved to a non fulham area, but is that consistent with chats about the Ashes for example which means little or nothing to some people , but ignoring it is easy as I just don't click on it. One can say the Ashes is patriotic etc.. but not everyone likes cricket, and certainly not everyone is from either England or Australia. Going by current rules and definitions , "general discussion " opens itself up rightly or wrongly , to invite many discussions from all walks of life.  But like I say each thread is titled so you have a choice to ignore it if you wish.

50% you say, I could do with some Skincare, I shall pop in on my way to Stringfellows.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2018, 09:35:29 PM
50% you say, I could do with some Skincare, I shall pop in on my way to Stringfellows.
You should know that you cannot take skincare products into Stringfellows!
Peter would just nick it off of you and splash it on with a trowel !!
oh and up the Jags ;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 08, 2018, 10:19:59 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2018, 09:35:29 PM
You should know that you cannot take skincare products into Stringfellows!
Peter would just nick it off of you and splash it on with a trowel !!
oh and up the Jags ;)

The second car 🚘 I owned was a Jaguar 4.2 E Type.

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Mr Khan is our owner as well
I agree, NFL is very boring (4/5 hours to play a 1 hour game - including changing the complete team when a touchdown is scored
and adverts between every 'play'

BUT
Rugby is getting bigger here and I predict will take over or equal  NFL within 25 years, or so)

I can't believe the amount of moaners on here, We do have the same owner who has spotted a potential in sports
and has almost achieved it with the Jaguars.
I honestly think he has done the same with us, Premiership finances and sustainability are fiscally enormous.
It's taken 10 years with the Jaguars but only in the last couple of years have they  EXPLODED into their current situation.
Millions around the world have heard of the Super Bowl, which this team of 'NO HOPERS' are close to achieving.

On to us
Anyone who has any idea about Mr Khan will understand that he practices "Softly, softly catchee monkey"
The monkey in this case is the PS.

Conspiracy theorists wake up, CC will not be a block of flats under his tenure.
He's here for the long haul.
He knows he's made mistakes, and is still tweaking but will get there eventually
Remember he spent 13/14 million on Fonte and Kamara  (on his own appointed advisors suggestions)
so he's not afraid to spend (within FFP guidelines)

My prediction
He will sell Sess this January or summer for 30+ million and make all of that available for players and explain his
reasoning to Joka and increase his input.
Sess is good but not better than 3/4 (carefully selected) 10 million players.

To 'break even' and have a team very capable of going for the 'golden chalice' and provide us with a much stronger
and competative PS team is the next step

I could of course be wrong
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

If you don't want to ban it, and why should you really, just move them over to the "Yanks and Exiles" site. You could change it to "Yanks and folks who like Yank sports."

There, nobody is offended, and there'll be one less topic that always seems to me to be an opportunity to trash Khan.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Chesh

Quote from: ron on January 08, 2018, 12:59:52 AM
I'm quite happy to see how they are doing, and I'm not even an American Football fan.

We will always come second to the Jags as far as the Khans are concerned - no surprise there, but it feels a bit petty to pretend they don't exist.

As long as our owner has our best interests at heart I don't see the harm in wanting his other sporting interest to do well. If the Jags had continued to crash, it might have turned him off sporting projects altogether.

Them doing well this year will give him more hope for our future success, and so long may it continue....

:022:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Forever Fulham

Grid football viewership is down again, year over year.  The stadium owners keep jacking up the prices of stadium tickets as well.  The U.S. sports press is recently abuzz over these stats, suggesting a "plateau" has occurred.  Some attribute partial cause to backlash over the San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick phenomenon.  That's the quarterback who 'took a knee' during the playing of the national anthem before the game (while the rest of his teammates stood, a pregame tradition in the game).  He was expressing silent protest over police brutality (or at least disparate treatment) aimed at minorities, especially African Americans, especially the unaddressed or under-addressed brutality.  Won't go into the details.  You've probably seen some reportage of it.  It worked its way into a few other pro sports.   I think the racial mix of starters in NFL football is now around 70% African American. Could be wrong about that.  Anyway, his quiet protest bugged the hell out of certain folks.   But then, none of them ever suffered from DWB (driving while black).

And then a certain person of high political office in the States weighed in during his campaign for office, attacking such players who used their positions of notoriety and influence to express their grievance.  Playing to his perceived based.  And a lot of people said they'd no longer attend or support until such practices ceased.  The NFL had a conundrum on its hands.  The owners have the control through the league office and its commissioner, appointed by the vote of the owners.  But the players are mostly black.   Some team owners tried to quietly bully and then later trick their players into standing during the anthem (I'm looking at you, Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys).   Most stayed quiet, figuring it would be a fad that would eventually die off.  To Joe Six Pack, though, something pure about the game had died.  And they were mad.  And could only express it by voting with their feet.  And it has died down a bit.  Not the solidarity; just the expression of it.

Well that's one narrative for the declining viewership.  The others are: 1. Too expensive to take a family to see a game in person; 2. Diminished identification with the players; 3. The growth of other sports which compete for the would-be fans' attention; 4. Video gaming, smart phones, the Internet; 5. Fewer playing as children/long term health concerns of parents; and probably a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.   Regardless of the reason(s), the unassailable fact is that viewership is down and continuing to decline.  And what does that say for Fulham's future under Khan, if anything?

I think it means 'pointy' football has hit a wall, ending the Commissioner's grand dream of European expansion.  And whatever expansion-minded plans Khan might have had, involving London, whether or not they involved the Jaguars relocating, or otherwise, are now indefinitely on the shelf.   Early  in Kahn's tenure, fans speculated about Fulham's grounds, and whether, after whatever configuration needed was done,  there was enough space for an NFL team to play there.   Everyone weighed in on the impossibility of that happening, and why.  The hurdles.  The obstacles. the space limitations.  The neighborhood.  The power of certain councils and review boards.  The sanctity of the Cottage.   

Like others, I don't see flats/apts/condos being built.  Yes, money talks.  But the push back would be too ferocious and sustained, and from too many sides.  Now maybe I'm looking at this all wrong.  Maybe the plateau or wall that's hit NFL viewership creates even more, not less, of an incentive to look offshore to expand that league's fan base.  But kids aren't growing up playing or watching the game in Europe (in spite of the occasional game at Wembley).  You can't manufacture a fan base.  It has to be organic.  Besides, what would the owner's son do without Fulham to, um, guide?  If Fulham was but a placeholder while other plans were in place, we wouldn't have Khan Jr. here, would we?  And he'd have to get a real job.  They would be starving the club, or at best ignoring it, not trying to thrive in spite of FFP restrictions.  I don't think they are ignoring Fulham.  I think FFP removes a lot of the advantages of having a wealthy owner. --but only if you aren't already on top, entrenced in the league, which we no longer are. The days of MAF buying his way up 3 or 4 divisions is long gone.  This club needs TV revenue money in a big way.  It needs a massive sponsorship deal.  A sweetheart arrangement like certain Continental clubs enjoy.  It needs more seats in its stadium.  And maybe, just maybe, it can elevate to and stick around as a lower table Premier league team.  What an accomplishment that would be.   

Let the Jaguars sudden success make them flush with cash.  One less thing to divert the owner's attention away from addressing Fulham's needs and future.  That's why I want the Jags to succeed.  Otherwise, I could care less about them.  Apologies for rambling.