watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Ryan Fredericks

Started by bog, January 09, 2018, 09:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

He's probably got the same agent as young Dembele had.  Hold out for a free and land me a massive wedge instead of a transfer fee.  Just saying.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

toshes mate

Quote from: grandad on January 09, 2018, 03:44:53 PM
As usual the same few turn every thread into an anti Khan situation.
As usual the same many jump to conclusions about the same few.  When people pigeon hole others it is most often done from their own pigeon hole.

cmg

Quote from: grandad on January 09, 2018, 03:44:53 PM
As usual the same few turn every thread into an anti Khan situation.
The management can´t force a player into signing a contract extension. If the player is holding out for more money than our salary base there is not a lot that can be done.
Malone wanted to play in the Premiership. Not really got his wish there. Aluko wanted more money than he was worth. He got his money but not a lot else.
With Fredericks he is probably looking at a final 3 year deal with a big increase in wages. If the club are not prepared to do either then it´s best that we cash in now. The club are not prepared to be held to ransom. Quite right too as if they caved in it would be a domino situation with other players.
It is all a shame really as I have always liked Fredericks.

Excellent piece. Thanks.

Contracts are always a good blunt instrument for those so inclined to beat the management around the head.
The problem about contracts is that we know where they start and where they end, but very little of what's in between. Fredericks is a decent player with distinct limitations. If he values his services more highly than the Club does he should be left to go elsewhere.

Bassey the warrior

If he goes we won't miss him that much. Odoi can play there.

HatterDon

grandad pretty much said it all, but how about this scenario:

1. Fredericks pushes for a transfer to Swansea in the January window
2. He goes.
3. S Sess takes over at RB
4. We go crazy in the league and get promoted
5. Swansea -- easily the weakest side in the PL -- get relegated

I like Fredericks' game. I like his speed and the fact that at times he's the only player out there who seems to want to get the DAMN BALL IN TO THE DAMN PENALTY AREA. Sorry, I get a little upset about our inability to get a shot at the end of our pretty football more than once every 20 minutes.

Anyhow, I like Frederick a lot, but I think S Sess has a HUGE upside and, based upon what I saw in the World Cup, I think he's ready to start featuring in our gameday squad immediately
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Steven Ageroad

People are forgetting that he can only cross with his right foot, he often cuts inside and gets into a shooting position but has no power in his left boot and the opposition know this and try to push him inside.

ealex40

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on January 09, 2018, 05:02:58 PM

Trouble with Fredericks is that he is too predictable. A bit of a one trick pony. He'll stop with the ball at his feet, have a think and then kick it ahead and race the defender, before invariably crossing the ball over everyone. No, Denis Odoi in my opinion, is better. If he wants to leave, then I think he will find out that the Premier League is too high above his pay scale. Just like Malone.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: ealex40 on January 09, 2018, 07:12:42 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on January 09, 2018, 05:02:58 PM

Trouble with Fredericks is that he is too predictable. A bit of a one trick pony. He'll stop with the ball at his feet, have a think and then kick it ahead and race the defender, before invariably crossing the ball over everyone. No, Denis Odoi in my opinion, is better. If he wants to leave, then I think he will find out that the Premier League is too high above his pay scale. Just like Malone.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea!

Riverside

Question . Would Fredericks departure lead to S Sess being elevated to the 1st team squad ( either as a starter or a sub behind Odoi ) encourage R Sess to stay longer ?

As well as add value to S Sess .

And would Odoi / S Sess rather than Fredericks weaken the team ?

I think this could work with the one proviso . Odoi is currently back up CB and LB . If he is going to be RB we MUST have another LB ( incoming rumours here ) and a CB ( only rumours are of Madl leaving !!! ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopper

Although all these flaws pointed out are fair and true, I can't help but feel we'll still miss him. Sometimes Odoi at RB works, sometimes it doesn't

There were certainly times last year where Fred's raw pace hugely upped the momentum for us when we were chasing games and caused all sorts of problems for the opposition. It is such a weapon for us going forward.