Main Menu

Next up: Burton Albion

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 15, 2018, 09:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2018, 04:44:32 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 16, 2018, 12:14:45 PM
Quote from: filham on January 16, 2018, 10:36:38 AM
What yet another rest for TC, soon we will be saying he is not match fit.
Did you not know he has a bit of a knee problem that seems to be reoccurring recently, I am sure you do, rest him as often as possible to give time to recover, have him on bench and only bring on if necessary.

He has had the knee problem all season and missed a good amount of playing time already. Is it our intention to play out the remaining nineteen games of the season playing Cairney only against top teams or in the second half of matches when we are losing. This sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
If Cairney's knee is not right then it must be a risk for him to play in Championship matches at all. Best for use of the knee and treatment to be based purely on medical advice rather than Fulham trying to cherry pick suitable matches.

hovewhite

TCs knee problem is not going away it seems so makes sense to rest it and v Burton if we have the play offs target without TC shouldn't be a problem .as long as the whole team start from the off as man for man we have better players than them.
I went to the defeat at Burton they had a very lucky (non existent) penalty and we should have drawn at least that game.

EastEndWhite

Nigel Clough has told us what we need to do.

"Our success on the road comes from being solid and not giving anything away. We have found it hard to take that sort of performance into home games. There is an onus on the home side to be more creative."

Burton will be hard to break down and until we do Fulham fans need to not get on the teams back.

filham

Burton at the Cottage is a must win, should win match. Lose this one and it will be clear that we are not worthy of a top six place , win and the chase for a play off place will be underway.

Benny

has got 1-1 written all over it !

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Benny on January 17, 2018, 07:31:36 PM

So let's hope it's 4-0 and we improve our goal difference.

Woolly Mammoth

Let's hope we are not gone for a Burton.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2018, 10:27:48 PM

Well, if that's all you have to contribute, Albion my way
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

davew

Didn't know your alias was Elizabeth Taylor?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 18, 2018, 08:39:15 AM

It's the High Street Gents Outfitters actually, Burtons. Made to Measure, as opposed to off the hook suits.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Milo on January 16, 2018, 03:55:14 PM
Normally I'd be posting with the normal "we will lose 2-1 or 1-0 and it'll be a flat, disappointing game where we never get going".

However I actually sense the opposite. I think it could be 3-0 or 4-0. I literally have no idea how we are where we are given how poorly we've played this season but I have no doubt we will be in the playoffs come the end.

Then you and I must go to different games because I have seen us play some great stuff.

Woolly Mammoth

That's why it's important to try and score early and most certainly first in the match this Saturday, that will open up the game. We cannot afford a slow start or any fannying around for the first 45 mins, and then have to rely on tactical subs and the kitchen sink in the last 20 mins.
The sooner we score, the sooner they will have to change their mindset and move to plan b, and the more chance we have of building on any lead, this is where being ruthless comes into play.
Do not give them hope when there isn't any.

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Quote from: Twig on January 18, 2018, 09:38:57 AM
Normally I'd be posting with the normal "we will lose 2-1 or 1-0 and it'll be a flat, disappointing game where we never get going".

However I actually sense the opposite. I think it could be 3-0 or 4-0. I literally have no idea how we are where we are given how poorly we've played this season but I have no doubt we will be in the playoffs come the end.

Then you and I must go to different games because I have seen us play some great stuff.

Of course, at times some great stuff.

Unfortunately pre the past handful of games we have been poor... dragged forward by Johansen who battled on through injury in the first few months and kept us afloat. Players have came back from injury more recently and things have started to pick up. Some fluid football I agree at times but 60% or so of the standards reached last year. Our defending has been consistently average to poor this year again albeit picked up a bit from last year. All in, mildly better defending but roughly two-thirds the attacking output.

To be in touching distance of the playoffs, with the opposition above us bar Middlesbrough not too threatening, is bizarre. If we had played like this last season we wouldn't be in the position we are now. The standard in the Championship this year has been the lowest for a few seasons.

grandad

Betts
  Fred               Kalas                   Ream         Odoi

McDonald            Johansen

Piazon

Kebano                               Kamara               Sess

Swap Piazon for Cairney after 60 mins as neither can do 90.

Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: Benny on January 17, 2018, 07:31:36 PM
That will not be good enough, we have to get the three points from this game.

Twig

They will obviously park the proverbial. So we need to get amongst them and break them down. An early goal would be priceless but we will probably have to be patient. 1-0 the Whites.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 18, 2018, 09:04:35 AM
Quote from: davew on January 18, 2018, 08:39:15 AM

It's the High Street Gents Outfitters actually, Burtons. Made to Measure, as opposed to off the hook suits.
I thought they went into liquidation when I was 25?

grandad

I would love a 5-0 to us as we need to improve our GD. A good one can be worth a point come the end of the season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

You must be in the running for the most negative poster on here (by your own admissions)! Do you really think we will lose 3-0 or 4-0? (lol)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: gezkc on January 16, 2018, 05:17:28 PM
Quote from: filham on January 16, 2018, 04:44:32 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 16, 2018, 12:14:45 PM
Quote from: filham on January 16, 2018, 10:36:38 AM
What yet another rest for TC, soon we will be saying he is not match fit.
Did you not know he has a bit of a knee problem that seems to be reoccurring recently, I am sure you do, rest him as often as possible to give time to recover, have him on bench and only bring on if necessary.

He has had the knee problem all season and missed a good amount of playing time already. Is it our intention to play out the remaining nineteen games of the season playing Cairney only against top teams or in the second half of matches when we are losing. This sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Would you prefer he risks long term injury by playing full games when his knee's clearly not right?

Surely it would be better to rest him completely to make sure he's fully fit when it comes to the crunch games at the end of the season?

Yes I understand your concerns, but unfortunately there are crunch games every week.

Never forget your Roots.