watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FST & Fans Consultation meetings with Fulham FC

Started by MJG, January 17, 2018, 01:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

The Fulham Supporters Trust would like to hear from Fulham fans who wish to be involved in consultation sessions at Fulham Football Club.

In association with the club's management we will be holding meetings in the evening at Craven Cottage in the near future covering three subjects.

- Food & drink

- Matchday Atmosphere

- Hospitality

If you are interested in taking part in any of these meetings which will take part during the week, please fill in the form by clicking the link below.

To gain a better understanding of the fans who will attend we are asking various questions, so we have a wide range of fans in attendance, from age to where you sit in the ground.

Please note contact information is just for these meetings, it will not be used in any other marketing.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FSTConsultation1
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Had a few of you respond, so thank you very much for that.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

David I

Is some interaction between club and fan base useful, maybe... ? But, In my humble opinion these meetings are just lip service, nothing changes.

Same issues with food and drink now as have been for the past X number of years. Extremely slow staff, crowded food areas, overpriced food and drink... Apart from that.. 😖

Atmosphere, is affected by lower gates, quality of football - many different factors which. You can't force people to get involved (I try, but I'm the one singing on my own (with my daughter)). 😊😂

Hospitality - for the past few recent years a few of us in our block have made use of the ability to upgrade our STs to Riverside seating and McBrides bar. Especially Christmas. However, this year rather than the usual £35 to upgrade they (FFC) changed the way they upgrade seats (pro rats) meant the cost for upgrade was much higher... In my daughters case the upgrade cost increased to £90 and £80 for me.
We voted with our feet - This meant 12 of us didn't upgrade and doubtful we will upgrade in the future (however I do plan to hire a box for my 50th Aug next year).
With the costs of drinks and the volume of drinks we put away at Christmas I estimate they also lost around £1500 in bar revenue.... gave our hard earned to the Golden Lion instead and saved quite a few pounds in the process.

Twig

MJG

Quote from: David I on January 18, 2018, 10:38:04 AM
Is some interaction between club and fan base useful, maybe... ? But, In my humble opinion these meetings are just lip service, nothing changes.

Same issues with food and drink now as have been for the past X number of years. Extremely slow staff, crowded food areas, overpriced food and drink... Apart from that.. 😖

Atmosphere, is affected by lower gates, quality of football - many different factors which. You can't force people to get involved (I try, but I'm the one singing on my own (with my daughter)). 😊😂

Hospitality - for the past few recent years a few of us in our block have made use of the ability to upgrade our STs to Riverside seating and McBrides bar. Especially Christmas. However, this year rather than the usual £35 to upgrade they (FFC) changed the way they upgrade seats (pro rats) meant the cost for upgrade was much higher... In my daughters case the upgrade cost increased to £90 and £80 for me.
We voted with our feet - This meant 12 of us didn't upgrade and doubtful we will upgrade in the future (however I do plan to hire a box for my 50th Aug next year).
With the costs of drinks and the volume of drinks we put away at Christmas I estimate they also lost around £1500 in bar revenue.... gave our hard earned to the Golden Lion instead and saved quite a few pounds in the process.
with all that then your exactly the kind of person who should come to these meetings. All the main management for those areas will be in attendance.
Easy to throw bricks at club about this that and the other, now is a chance to be in the room put forward ideas and also listening to the challenges they have already.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

David I

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 18, 2018, 12:17:12 PM
WIFI!!!
Quote from: MJG on January 18, 2018, 11:31:13 AM
Quote from: David I on January 18, 2018, 10:38:04 AM

with all that then your exactly the kind of person who should come to these meetings. All the main management for those areas will be in attendance.
Easy to throw bricks at club about this that and the other, now is a chance to be in the room put forward ideas and also listening to the challenges they have already.

@MJG, I have always notified the club of any issues that I have experienced, not just moan about them on a forum - any feedback gives the recipient the chance to carry on doing what they are doing if its good or rectify if bad.
Also attended a fan/ club meeting - quite some years back. I seam to recall one of the main topics then was about food, new caterers and type of food.
Hence my comments nothing changes, and lip service.... I' know I sound like a moany old git (probably am ) but, I say it how I find it.

Survey done! :012:

MJG

First of these meetings will be in a couple of weeks, so if you have let me know your interested I'll be emailing out info in next day or so.

Andy S

Hi MJG sorry I cannot make the meeting but my concern is the tannoy system in the Hammersmith end of the ground. It is awful. Not only that the announcer talks too fast & needs lessons in talking on a public address speaking as it is an art. It is no good if people cannot hear what is being said. I have been to other grounds where it can be heard so why can it be at the Cottage

Dodger53

Hi MJG sorry but too far to travel. One thing that annoys me is the half time score announcments, they are gabbled and difficult to hear in the Hammy end, the 'big' screen displays them for about 3 seconds and then sits their spinning the FFC badge for 5 minutes before highlights etc are shown. Announce them slower and leave screen showing them, switching between the 2 displays it takes to show them all. I know this thread wasn't for such input, good luck with consultation, it's a good idea and hopefully improvements can be made. My main gripe is the announcer, I don't use the food and drink outlets and cannot think of changes that would alter that. I agree with others about atmosphere but it is what it is, I cheer, sing and shout but many are more interested in leaving early, arriving late or getting something to eat or drink. Atmosphere may be better if their was no food or drink outlets because you cannot cheer with a burger in your mouth however that isnt going to happen.

Southfield White

Have to agree with David I
I too have been to these meetings in the past and nothing changes, waste of an evening.
I think the reasons are we have people coming and going in job roles and some don't understand the average football fan or they are too scared to make changes.

MJG

Quote from: Southfield White on January 25, 2018, 09:50:13 AM

I too have been to these meetings in the past and nothing changes, waste of an evening.
I think the reasons are we have people coming and going in job roles and some don't understand the average football fan or they are too scared to make changes.
Well if you have a closed mind to these things then nothing does change. Its the chance to meet the main people in charge of these areas and instead of people moaning about this that and the other at worse its a chance to put your view and suggestions forward in front of the people that matter.
from the converstaions Ive had with them they are really keen to hear from fans. In the end they want whats best for fans and club, happy fans means more money spent in the ground and that leads to more income for the club.

Southfield White

Quote from: MJG on January 25, 2018, 10:40:01 AM
Quote from: Southfield White on January 25, 2018, 09:50:13 AM

Well if you have a closed mind to these things then nothing does change. Its the chance to meet the main people in charge of these areas and instead of people moaning about this that and the other at worse its a chance to put your view and suggestions forward in front of the people that matter.
from the converstaions Ive had with them they are really keen to hear from fans. In the end they want whats best for fans and club, happy fans means more money spent in the ground and that leads to more income for the club.

MJG, I'm not knocking you, fair play for trying to make things better for the fans.
I'm just saying from my own experiences ofgoing to these fans forums, nothing has changed in the last 10-15.

MJG

The first of these meetings will be on Wednesday evening at 5:30 at the Cottage. If you are interested please fill in the form at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FSTConsultation1

Burt

Thanks Mike.

I'll be overseas so won't be able to make it, but do update us on how it goes.