watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Up: Barnsley

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 23, 2018, 10:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Heading into this game, Barnsley have L, D, L, W, D, D their last six, notably holding Wolves to a draw at home, and currently sit 19th in the Championship table, with a -12 goal difference.

However, former Barnsley owner Patrick Cryne, sadly passed away yesterday, who was born in the town, and was a lifelong supporter.

In situations like this, Teams tend to raise their game, so, Fulham could be in for a tough test on Saturday.

With this in mind, and our current form, what does Slav have to do, to make sure FFC come back with all 3 points?

A win will propel Fulham into the playoffs, so once again, it's in our hands.

• What Team will Slavisa put out?

• What Formation will Slavisa use?

• What will the score be?

grandad

Same starting lineup.
Same formation.
3-1 to us
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wingnut

Wouldn't change the formation or line up. Think we have more than enough in our locker to win this. Would like to see TC getting a little more game time in this one and would start him and AK against Forest. I'll go for 0-2.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

filham

Same line up (but Jocanovic rarely does that).

Same tactics

A difficul team to beat,  there are no easy games, remember the Sunderland result. A win would be just wonderful but we should be happy with a draw.

hovewhite

Benny

Has 1-1 draw written all over it

BestOfBrede

aaronmcguigan

A Barnsley away game can be stuck in the same drawer as Burton/ Bolton etc away from home...

We would win the whole league if the games were played on paper, but they tend to use grass these days

Matt10

Tough call up front. Do you strike while the iron is hot with the Piazon-Fonte connection? Or do you put it the man AK47 who is on an ultra high confidence streak?

My call is to put in Kamara with Piazon, then throw in Fonte around the 60th minute and let Piazon play the full-90. As much as I want Fonte to continue the streak, Kamara is scoring goals at will right now and he already has a chip on his shoulder, I don't want it to turn into anything more.

Hoping to see Targett start at LB since we know that LW spot will be reserved for Sess. Other than that, I hope TC comes in for Norwood with no questions asked so Slav doesn't get tempted to get cute with a 4-3-3 false-9 like he did early on in the season.

sunburywhite

Targett to start, See to play pushed up on left, Plazon on right and Fonte in middle

Midfield to be 3 out of Norwood, K Mac (might get rested) TC and Johansen
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Woolly Mammoth

Not sure we need to rest anyone, not sure we can afford to rest players of the nature of Kevin Mac, unless the club are running a holiday camp at Motspur Park.
There is a week between matches, we need our key players at places like Barnsley, otherwise we won't win a coconut.
Time for a rest is when they retire and move into an old people's home.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Slavisa might change line up/formation because  different opposition and away, but I don't expect  significant changes.

How fit is Cairney? he  will start if fully fit I think, but is he? Norwood  has also done well lately.

Fonte or Kamara up front?

I think Fonte is maybe more likely to start to help get in behind a packed,  defensive formation, and Kamara if more pace and direct running  wanted, with the opposition  having to attack us, and  thus more space at the back for us to exploit with our pace on the break.
I think they will both play a part.

Fernhurst

Targett will be on the bench initially.
Don't think Joka will mess too much with line up. Thought Fonte and Lucas getting closer together worked a treat last Saturday. Piazon' s first touch from Norwood through ball was sublime and of Premiership class.
Do we have an update on Floyd's injury? It would be good to see him adding to a very strong bench.
Didn't spot him in the training pictures.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

KingofCheese

I think we need to score more goals than them.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

hovewhite

Quote from: KingofCheese on January 24, 2018, 08:26:21 AM
I think we need to score more goals than them.
Ha ha that about sums it up

Hoppus

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 23, 2018, 08:32:36 PM
Targett to start, See to play pushed up on left, Plazon on right and Fonte in middle

Midfield to be 3 out of Norwood, K Mac (might get rested) TC and Johansen

Never change a winning team?
Why make changes in defence when we have to clean sheets in a row?

twang

Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2018, 06:40:42 AM
Very tough call.

Normally, away from home id say Kamara to stretch then, and of course you want to play TC if fit.

However that would mean dropping Fonte and Norwood, probably the two best performers Saturday.

Not sure...

Totally agree with this. Keep the same starting eleven and bring on Kamara and Cairney in the second half. Also get Targett off the bench if we're winning.

Delboy

There may be a clause in Targetts loan deal that says he has to start a good percentage of games. A number of prem clubs are insisting on this these days. Having said that, first game, he can't expect to be an automatic choice straight away. Will be an interesting team sheet on Saturday.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2018, 06:41:34 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 23, 2018, 08:27:20 PM
Hoping to see Targett start at LB

What about Odoi though?
Exactly what I was thinking. If I were him and dropped, I would be mortified. I think he's been doing very well, and we have to be dead certain that Taggart is a step up in terms of standard. Not having seen much of Taggart, I couldn't comment, but no doubt we'll get a chance. Of course Kalas may be dropped again, as his star seems to be fading (though not in my eyes).

Whitesideup

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 24, 2018, 04:57:33 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2018, 06:41:34 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 23, 2018, 08:27:20 PM
Hoping to see Targett start at LB

What about Odoi though?
Exactly what I was thinking. If I were him and dropped, I would be mortified. I think he's been doing very well, and we have to be dead certain that Taggart is a step up in terms of standard. Not having seen much of Taggart, I couldn't comment, but no doubt we'll get a chance. Of course Kalas may be dropped again, as his star seems to be fading (though not in my eyes).
Though I may be confusing him with an ageing Scottish detective.