Slavisa jokanovic

Started by Andy S, January 23, 2018, 03:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Is Slav and his style even lbetter suited to the premier than the championship

hovewhite

I think this style would work well in the PL,hopefully he's with us

Woolly Mammoth

I reckon because of our style and system of play, we are already equipped to a certain extent to negotiate the Premier League than most teams that are promoted.
The hardest part is getting there. Then the next hardest part is staying there. But with Jok I believe we are in good shape to meet the challenge head on, and the financial support from the owner will be crucial.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Delboy

I believe Slav knows our style will work in the Prem. But,we were given a lesson at our own game last season when a very good Spuds team came to the Cottage and moved the ball quicker and shut us down deeper than anyone in the Championship could ever do.  I'm sure this was noticed by the coaching staff and will be addressed if we get promoted.

Slaphead in Qatar

He's a very good manager who we are lucky to have. Given enough funds he will be able to negotiate the pl

filham

I think the teams that do well in the Premiership for a short while are the big  physical sides playing the long ball game , the Premiership players are not used to the style and find it difficult to match. They are to our style and have the quality players to match us.

Bill2

Quote from: Delboy on January 24, 2018, 10:42:14 AM
I believe Slav knows our style will work in the Prem. But,we were given a lesson at our own game last season when a very good Spuds team came to the Cottage and moved the ball quicker and shut us down deeper than anyone in the Championship could ever do.  I'm sure this was noticed by the coaching staff and will be addressed if we get promoted.
Have to agree with this, but to be fair to the manager's they both put out strong teams and stuck to their style of play. We didn't try to kick them off off the park the bus as some teams would have done. So I for one ever never really expected a win, but was good to see Harry Kane and Delle Alli in the flesh.

hovewhite

They were brilliant that day also

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2018, 10:53:14 AM
I think the teams that do well in the Premiership for a short while are the big  physical sides playing the long ball game , the Premiership players are not used to the style and find it difficult to match. They are to our style and have the quality players to match us.

But those big physical teams inevitably get relegated. If we want sustainable top tier football then Slav's way is the way to go.

Milo

Yes and no. Cast our eyes back to Spurs in FA cup. We tried to play our championship tactics of walking it into the net and got picked apart by a team who could do it better.

In the Premier League we WILL need that plan B Slavisa hasn't yet got - there's no doubt about it. We would need to be more defensive against the big teams.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Milo on January 24, 2018, 07:46:31 PM
Yes and no. Cast our eyes back to Spurs in FA cup. We tried to play our championship tactics of walking it into the net and got picked apart by a team who could do it better.

In the Premier League we WILL need that plan B Slavisa hasn't yet got - there's no doubt about it. We would need to be more defensive against the big teams.
You cannot judge from one game against an in-form Spurs team, who FGS beat Real Madrid 3-0 the damage being done by the same players who were our undoing. We weren't trying to "walk it into the net", we were trying to break down a very good defence. Hump it and hope would certainly not have worked either. They were too good for that.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 24, 2018, 10:49:26 AM
He's a very good manager who we are lucky to have. Given enough funds he will be able to negotiate the pl

Shame he struggles to get his sides perform for a whole season.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 24, 2018, 09:10:12 PM

Shame he had a half season of disruption to deal with!?

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 24, 2018, 09:22:38 PM

Shame he had a half season of disruption to deal with!?

Disruption of his making.

Woolly Mammoth

I would imagine a lot has gone on behind the scenes that has not helped or supported Jok in his attempt to build a promotion Outfit. What with Having to work alongside all these amateurs from the recruitment team to the stats team, not forgetting the Khans and Kline. He has had his work cut out just keeping his sanity. Now he has an opportunity to push us on to another level, and the Khans have to support him whatever he wants,. After all he is the only Football Professional amongst them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: Milo on January 24, 2018, 07:46:31 PM

I agree. We would have to have better players to play his style in the Premiership. We would be found out. You have to able to shut out and not play football.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Certainly as a club we will be better equipped when promoted and with the purse strings released
'sustainability' will be more sustainable.
That's why what seems to be happening now is a good policy
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

toshes mate

The question we should really all ask is about the players, the style, the head coach, and the ambition of the Club in whatever league they are playing in, and that should be about doing the best we can in whatever league we are in. 

When SJ arrived it was about survival.  Last season he gave us hope.  This season he continues to play his role.  What I do not see is evidence that the rest of the Club is supporting a clear 'ambition' in the way I would honestly believe they would.  Disruptions to our squad last summer; too many games needed to get up to speed; machinations behind the scenes says our owners still have a lot to learn - whichever league we are in and whatever staff we have at the time.   Set the bar and make it happen.

Twig

Isn't your constant sniping at SJ getting a little boring even for you?  Every thread I read you pop up with a criticism of him.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Twig on January 25, 2018, 01:50:55 PM

Isn't your constant sniping at SJ getting a little boring even for you?  Every thread I read you pop up with a criticism of him.

People are acting like he's the second coming. We could do worse, but we could do better.