watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Tom Cairney

Started by Fulham 442, January 26, 2018, 07:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mullers OG

Wouldn't like to see him go but every player has their price.  In TC's case he may think this is his last real chance to play at the top level.  He will know better than anyone else how bad his knee actually feels.  He may believe his career is shortening in which case the opportunity (and the cash security which goes with it) can't be overlooked.  From FFC's point of view he is a vital cog in the team as well as club captain.  The transfer fee would need to be a bit higher than 15m in my opinion.  Clubs always say the player is not for sale and they have no intention of selling - remember Saha.

For all that I hope he stays.  Good player.

Horsfield_No9

His girlfriend just posted a video on Instagram of him at home playing pool. Meanwhile Rui Fonte posts a video about 2 hours ago of the team on the coach. Uh oh...

Looks especially bad if a bid was rejected as could be refusing to travel/play.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

flyingfish

He's sitting opposite Puazon on the train by the looks of his Instagram.

Horsfield_No9

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on January 26, 2018, 05:54:08 PM
Pretty sure that's Djalo.
If someone can't tell the difference between Tc and Djalo, a visit to Specsavers might be useful.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BestOfBrede

20million now or 100million on promotion?
I know what I would like the club to aim For!

Mince n Tatties

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

KJS

davew

Quote from: KJS on January 26, 2018, 06:53:25 PM
When did Slave say that he hasn't travelled
He was supposedly fit enough on Thursday to be joining the squad according to Joka?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

The only source of this is very nebulous, a link to TC's girlfriend's Instagram with an undated image.  Nothing on Newsnow and its myriad channels.

Benny

CAIRNEY WANTS HAMMERS MOVE

Fulham captain Tom Cairney wants to move to West Ham but Fulham are refusing to sell their star man, Sky Sports News understands.

The Hammers are ready to pay £15m for the 27-year-old but the Whites have not intended to sell any of their key players in the January transfer window.

The west London club are also in a strong position after Cairney signed a contract extension just last summer until 2021, following interest from Newcastle United.

Fernhurst

Oh shite.......... I thought this was a load of bull but SSN now reporting TC wants to go to West Ham. Has he made himself " unavailable" as Martin did??

This is NOT helping my mood tonight.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Tabby

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 26, 2018, 07:35:24 PM
Oh shite.......... I thought this was a load of bull but SSN now reporting TC wants to go to West Ham. Has he made himself " unavailable" as Martin did??

Don't waste any time worrying about it. We'll know tomorrow.

Milo

Well I'll be very disappointed given the position we are in... the fact we are in the running to go up and he's our captain. Bizarre to leave now.

However... he might think he's 27 now and this is his big chance for the premier league. The injury might have reinforced the whole "it's a short career" mentality. His girlfriend will probably say "we get to stay in London dear but you'll be in the premier league and it'll be your chance to shine"... the 'we get to stay in London' being especially important for her modelling career.

I am disappointed if this is true but in all honesty we have Ollie Norwood playing out of his skin in midfield who arguably could keep TC out the team anyway. McDonald would be the natural team captain to replace him and make him more likely to stay if we don't go up.

Don't get me wrong, £15m for Cairney is not worth it for us. Keeping him is worth a lot more. But if he wants to go then there's little we can do. All I'm saying is that actually we wouldn't be left in an all too bad position.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Tabby on January 26, 2018, 07:39:32 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on January 26, 2018, 07:35:24 PM

Don't waste any time worrying about it. We'll know tomorrow.

Exactly....

HatterDon

Just because someone at Sky had to say SOMETHING and this was what he chose to write doesn't mean it's true, or that West Ham is even interested or that Cairney wants out.

My god how man times have we signed Jagielka?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

KJS

It's simple really if TC wants to go to West Ham then he should put in a transfer request, he would then lose his contract pay off and we the fans would know exactly what he wants to do.

I don't want to lose him but if it happens then so be it we move on just like every team does.

However if he does go after saying only a couple on months ago that he wants to stay and how much he loves it at Fulham then to be honest I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire!

So come on TC what's it to be?

KJS

Quote from: HatterDon on January 26, 2018, 07:54:09 PM
Just because someone at Sky had to say SOMETHING and this was what he chose to write doesn't mean it's true, or that West Ham is even interested or that Cairney wants out.

My god how man times have we signed Jagielka?

Spot on Hatter Don
SSN give more false information regarding transfers than vital football!!