watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Tom Cairney

Started by Fulham 442, January 26, 2018, 07:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

I hope this doesnt happen but surely a more tempting prospect for him than West Brom?

grandad

The offer is at least half what he is worth even with his current fitness issue. How much would a replacement cost , if we could find one, with so little time left in the window.
I would  tell W Ham to go & blow some bubbles from their rear end.
Where there's a will there's a wife

gang

It's anyone beginning with West, it'll be West Brompton next.

Carborundum

It would surely be more appetising.  But I'm doubtful it's good business for the club.  The rewards for promotion far outweigh a few million here or there.  To get promoted we have to be a momentum team riding the crest of a wave.  Selling the captain isn't the way to be that team.

If we don't go up he can still be sold in the summer for a decent fee.  Might be a bit less than we could get now, but that's the price of going hard for promotion.

I don't rate Cairney as highly as some on this board.  One-footed dodgy-kneed midfielders usually have limited career runways.  But he does have an influence on Championship games, is very hard to knock off the ball and the inevitable marking job on him makes space for others.  I'd like to cheer him on for the rest of the season.

BestOfBrede

NO ONE is for Sale end of - how many times does the club have to say it?
Tom himself DOES NOT want to leave this club - the Same with both Ryans - they have all said it!

The Papers are up to their old tricks as per usual and even if Premier clubs do like Fulham players - that shows how well we are playing.

Tom is the best player in this division, most influential for us and our Captain - There's no way any sane club would sell unless Tom himself came in and requested a transfer, surely? And then I imagine it would have to be for one of the 'Big' clubs and for a hell of a lot more than 15 million!

It's very strange isn't it (and also confirms to me tis bull) that each time someone's interested in one of our players the sum is 15million!?
They're even still going on about 15million for Ryan Sessegnon!! 

river phoenix

West Ham just signed a very similar player in Joao Mario so I couldn`t see them spending big on another attacking midfielder.

res

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 26, 2018, 09:27:04 AM
NO ONE is for Sale end of - how many times does the club have to say it?
Tom himself DOES NOT want to leave this club - the Same with both Ryans - they have all said it!

The Papers are up to their old tricks as per usual and even if Premier clubs do like Fulham players - that shows how well we are playing.

Tom is the best player in this division, most influential for us and our Captain - There's no way any sane club would sell unless Tom himself came in and requested a transfer, surely? And then I imagine it would have to be for one of the 'Big' clubs and for a hell of a lot more than 15 million!

It's very strange isn't it (and also confirms to me tis bull) that each time someone's interested in one of our players the sum is 15million!?
They're even still going on about 15million for Ryan Sessegnon!! 

Agree, all these stories are fake news, don't know why people bother to read them. It's like journalists get paid by column inch irrespective as to whether there's any element of truth or not...at the very least they could put in a figure other than £15m!

Bassey the warrior

Might turn his head. Hopefully he doesn't throw his toys out the pram.

Marcel_Gecov

I actually think 15m is a lot ... that's not to say he isn't worth that, of course (and more!), he is but I'd have thought the papers would put a lower number to the story.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: gang on January 26, 2018, 08:46:42 AM
It's anyone beginning with West, it'll be West Brompton next.

He will stay in West London.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gang

filham

I wish we could get that knee sorted then there would be a queue of clubs offering big sums for Tom and we could say no to them all with a clear loud voice.

These silly rumours of £15m for a player with a dodgy knee who is not fit for 90 minute matches is disturbing.

Andy S

I think clubs are just trying to keep their fans happy by making out they are bidding for players. In reality Fulham are never going to let Cairney go an if WetSpam had an offer accepted then they didn't want to take a chance on a dodgey knee

Milo

Don't think he will want to go. However who would blame him.. 27 now and with short careers it might be the only chance he will get. However given his injury and the chance of promotion I think it is better for literally ALL concerned here if we wait til the end of the season.

If he does go, Mr Norwood cements his well earned place as centre of midfield and the playoff push continues?

Chutney

According to exwhufcemployee on twitter we are not considering any bids and Cairney is unhappy about it. I really hope its all rubbish, we need him.
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Chutney on January 26, 2018, 12:57:35 PM
According to exwhufcemployee on twitter we are not considering any bids and Cairney is unhappy about it. I really hope its all rubbish, we need him.

Cairney said 2 weeks ago he loved the club and wanted to stay...

"ex WHU employee" 'nuff said.

..FOF..

Quote from: filham on January 26, 2018, 11:47:28 AM
I wish we could get that knee sorted then there would be a queue of clubs offering big sums for Tom and we could say no to them all with a clear loud voice.

These silly rumours of £15m for a player with a dodgy knee who is not fit for 90 minute matches is disturbing.

We should be able to get over 20m then when he is fit.

Like Joka faith in Fonte, I will trust his faith in Cairney too to shake this injury off.

FFCSteve

The club announced a while ago no one would be sold this transfer period!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Frackleheath

On Sky Transfer Centre  it shows as "Bid rejected" !! Enough said!!

Horsfield_No9

His girlfriend just posted a video on Instagram of him at home playing pool. Meanwhile Rui Fonte posts a video about 2 hours ago of the team on the coach. Uh oh...

Make of this what you will.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.