watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC to West Ham

Started by Benny, January 26, 2018, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

Well he's played most games and scored a few goals plus slav has played him in place of TC so a better fit than you think.

Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2018, 10:01:26 PM
Quote from: Benny on January 26, 2018, 08:18:37 PM
Maybe this is why we bid to buy Oli Norwood this week.....tried and tested replacement I guess.....
he's about as much a tried and tested replacement for Tom as keiran Richards was for dembele.

ealex40

Maybe this is why we bid to buy Oli Norwood this week.....tried and tested replacement I guess.....
he's about as much a tried and tested replacement for Tom as keiran Richards was for dembele.

Kieran Richardson

fulhamben

Quote from: ealex40 on January 26, 2018, 10:59:09 PM

Kieran Richardson
the correct spelling doesn't make him or the transfer any better 😉
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

Quote from: Benny on January 26, 2018, 10:05:26 PM
Not a WUM at all.

Only a few posts but I have been registered with this site since 2012 more for update reasons.

Nothing wrong with asking the reason behind trying to sign Norwood at this time.

Try thinking outside the box once in a while and not having such a deluded view on things.

Quote from: General on January 26, 2018, 09:54:46 PM

Guys, the OP is a Wum.. 70 posts and most of those have been around this single topic pushing the cairney wanting to move story. Cairney has said he loves it here, enjoys playing here, loves the club.. why would that change soon rapidly. Especially for 5 mill less than newcastle offered and a bid that got rejected.

Calm down. Some have even suggested lucas piazon has posted stuff on his social media sitting opposite cairney on way to match.. and what's prompted this... cairneys gf posting a photo on her instagram... no date given.

Since when has cairney ever given any of us the impression that he'd withdraw himself from a match day squad to force through a move. He's much more a gentleman than that.. he's more the type to get on with his job and if something ever got accepted then perhaps go for talks. He's not a baby who does a Martin and throws his toys out of the pram.

What's deluded is trying to pass of an opinion as absolute based on one instagram post where you have made no effort to and shown no intellectual rigour in understanding the situation for what it objectively is.

A post on instagram in its and of itself can be show a picture taken at any time from any time in the past. It is hysterical to create a topic suggesting one of our most popular players and key players is on the move because of a photo his gf has posted... it's not thinking outside of the box in any logical way.

Even more so when if you were a fulham fan you'd know full well that Cairney didn't force through a move last year when a promoted newcastle came in for him and when shahid and Tony publicly came out and not only rejected a bid 5 million more than the 15 million suggested but then proceeded to offer cairney a new contract which he then signed and stated in no uncertain terms that he loved the club, was happy here, was enjoying his life and football and wasn't looking for a move and whilst people were talking said that signing a new contract was all he could do to show how content and happy he was at the club.

He's the best midfielder in the league, is tied down until 2021 in a team that are pushing for promotion and he enjoys being part of and who if get promoted would very likely keep him and play him in the premiership.

Just think.

bill taylors apprentice

I would have thought someone like Shelvey from the Toon was more likely of interest to a manager like Moyes?

Benny

Dear oh dear you really are lost on this one General, please read my OP again as clearly you are confused......not passing my opinion or anything social media related at all but just highlighting a perfectly valid point for discussion on the attempted purchase of Oliver Norwood and what might be the reason behind it......nothing more.

Wrong end and stick come to mind but maybe you've had a hard day - nevertheless, still deluded and still need to think outside the box !

Quote from: General on January 26, 2018, 11:04:43 PM
Quote from: Benny on January 26, 2018, 10:05:26 PM
Not a WUM at all.

Only a few posts but I have been registered with this site since 2012 more for update reasons.

Nothing wrong with asking the reason behind trying to sign Norwood at this time.

Try thinking outside the box once in a while and not having such a deluded view on things.

Guys, the OP is a Wum.. 70 posts and most of those have been around this single topic pushing the cairney wanting to move story. Cairney has said he loves it here, enjoys playing here, loves the club.. why would that change soon rapidly. Especially for 5 mill less than newcastle offered and a bid that got rejected.

Calm down. Some have even suggested lucas piazon has posted stuff on his social media sitting opposite cairney on way to match.. and what's prompted this... cairneys gf posting a photo on her instagram... no date given.

Since when has cairney ever given any of us the impression that he'd withdraw himself from a match day squad to force through a move. He's much more a gentleman than that.. he's more the type to get on with his job and if something ever got accepted then perhaps go for talks. He's not a baby who does a Martin and throws his toys out of the pram.

What's deluded is trying to pass of an opinion as absolute based on one instagram post where you have made no effort to and shown no intellectual rigour in understanding the situation for what it objectively is.

A post on instagram in its and of itself can be show a picture taken at any time from any time in the past. It is hysterical to create a topic suggesting one of our most popular players and key players is on the move because of a photo his gf has posted... it's not thinking outside of the box in any logical way.

Even more so when if you were a fulham fan you'd know full well that Cairney didn't force through a move last year when a promoted newcastle came in for him and when shahid and Tony publicly came out and not only rejected a bid 5 million more than the 15 million suggested but then proceeded to offer cairney a new contract which he then signed and stated in no uncertain terms that he loved the club, was happy here, was enjoying his life and football and wasn't looking for a move and whilst people were talking said that signing a new contract was all he could do to show how content and happy he was at the club.

He's the best midfielder in the league, is tied down until 2021 in a team that are pushing for promotion and he enjoys being part of and who if get promoted would very likely keep him and play him in the premiership.

Just think.

ealex40

Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2018, 11:01:50 PM
Quote from: ealex40 on January 26, 2018, 10:59:09 PM

Kieran Richardson
the correct spelling doesn't make him or the transfer any better 😉

If you have to criticise somebody, at least try and get his name right. Although, not as bad as when some people on here have talked about Jonny Haines.

jojo1990

TC is a Player with alot of Quality, but he wasnt allways at his best this Season maybe because of his injury. The last game he came from the Bench and we were allready up. We still have alot of good Players who want to Play for us. No Player is bigger then the Club, its just sad because i though hes loyal, but when the Agents came along the only have the Money in there mind. Move on, get a replacement and COYW forever.

hovewhite

Players and managers come and go they kiss the badge and all that sort of rubbish and they move on or get moved out by the club,so if he goes he goes.
And so be it.The one constant in any club it's us the supporters.

Riversider

The bottom line is this, Tom Cairney is currently under contract, a player under contract can only speak to another club with the full permission of his parent club,
So then, If , and as I say If, Tom Cairney has spoken to West Ham or any other club , then it's with the full consent of Fulham Football Club,
I like Cairney, I think he was outstanding last season, with a wand of a left foot , and a wonderful attitude ,
On the flip side though, I think he is a poor captain/leader , with a weak right foot, and a worrying injury record,
At 2 o'clock today we'll know whether he has travelled or not, if he hasn't then it's up to the likes of West Ham, West Brom or Newcastle to come up with the money that Fulham want, if they don't then he stays,
It's a fine line for Fulham though , as Cairney is 27 now and with each birthday and each injury his value drops dramatically,
Do I think he will still be with us on Feb 1st ? Yes I do, do I think Cairney and Sessegnon will be with us next season ? No chance whatsoever.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on January 27, 2018, 07:15:51 AM
The bottom line is this, Tom Cairney is currently under contract, a player under contract can only speak to another club with the full permission of his parent club,
So then, If , and as I say If, Tom Cairney has spoken to West Ham or any other club , then it's with the full consent of Fulham Football Club,
I like Cairney, I think he was outstanding last season, with a wand of a left foot , and a wonderful attitude ,
On the flip side though, I think he is a poor captain/leader , with a weak right foot, and a worrying injury record,
At 2 o'clock today we'll know whether he has travelled or not, if he hasn't then it's up to the likes of West Ham, West Brom or Newcastle to come up with the money that Fulham want, if they don't then he stays,
It's a fine line for Fulham though , as Cairney is 27 now and with each birthday and each injury his value drops dramatically,
Do I think he will still be with us on Feb 1st ? Yes I do, do I think Cairney and Sessegnon will be with us next season ? No chance whatsoever.

So let's hope we can gain promotion this season, can someone tell the Khans this before it's too late.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

that new black and white pool table he has is gonna look silly when he invites Mark Noble and co over for elevenses.

MrD1879

Just don't see it myself they have just signed Mario from Inter on loan and have a massive injury crisis up top with Carroll, Lanzini and arnautovic out for over a month. Chicharito wants out. Smacks of paper talk to me and I just don't see him being the type to force a move either

Fernhurst

Oh Corporal, your'e hanging out the window butt naked clinging to the drainpipe with this post.
If he proves to be NOT there today you will be left looking very silly indeed as he will clearly be "On strike" just as Chris Martin before him.

If he is announced in the team..... move over on that drainpipe.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

OMalleyCat

Can't see it happening myself but the worrying thing is seeing TC's girlfriend posting stuff on instagram about it all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

WayneKerrins

Phew glad I'm not the only one who can see that.

GloucesterWhite

Well said General. Promote this man to Field Marshall!

davew

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 26, 2018, 09:32:50 PM
Why would we bid for a player that's here for the season? Definitely connected
It is called forward planning, something FFC are not very good at! We need to have 4 quality midfield players (at least) on our books at all times, so if we are thinking of selling TC that will leave us with 3 and if Norwood goes back to his club, we will be down to 2. At least our wage bill will be reduced!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Well said m8!!

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 27, 2018, 07:19:48 AM
Quote from: Riversider on January 27, 2018, 07:15:51 AM

So let's hope we can gain promotion this season, can someone tell the Khans this before it's too late.
Just sent them a message by carrier pigeon, hope it gets there in time!