watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC to West Ham

Started by Benny, January 26, 2018, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

Maybe this is why we bid to buy Oli Norwood this week.....tried and tested replacement I guess.....

Fulham76

Yep.

And a fully fit player, your captain doesn't rule himself out of games & not travel with the squad if he's not moving on.

Just hope we get top price for him.

davew

The 2 are not linked!! Khan would be more likely to let all of our players go (lol). We have 4 quality mid field players with no real back up, why would we try and end up with 3, perhaps just testing the water with Norwood? If we don't make the play offs we won't bid for Norwood in the Summer.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

KJS

Fulham76

Quote from: KJS on January 26, 2018, 08:25:15 PM
Not connected in anyway

I disagree.

TC wants a move & Norwood is an obvious replacement for our lazy recruitment team.

Very unusual to make a formal bid for a player we've already secured til the end of the season already

One James stannard

I have no sources to back this up but I've herd from someone who's in the know it's a done deal with West Ham and it will be announced sometime next week.

Please don't have a pop at me, I'm as gutted as you probably are and I'm REALLY hoping im wrong

S.F.Sorrow

How can he pass a medical at West Ham when he hasn't been fit to play regularly for us this season?

OdecaMynoT

Graham Carey has a magic left foot like TC's.

Seen him play a couple of times for Plymouth and he'd be an excellent replacement at a fraction of TC's fee.

He's 28 and would fit the bill perfectly IMO.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Milo

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on January 26, 2018, 09:11:24 PM

Seen him play a couple of times for Plymouth and he'd be an excellent replacement at a fraction of TC's fee.

We have Norwood...

KJS

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 26, 2018, 08:28:41 PM
Not connected in anyway

I disagree.

TC wants a move & Norwood is an obvious replacement for our lazy recruitment team.

Very unusual to make a formal bid for a player we've already secured til the end of the season already

I disagree with you

We have Norwood until the end of the season so he would not have been a replacement for TC

Fulham76

Quote from: KJS on January 26, 2018, 09:24:26 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on January 26, 2018, 08:28:41 PM
Not connected in anyway

I disagree.

I disagree with you

We have Norwood until the end of the season so he would not have been a replacement for TC

Why would we bid for a player that's here for the season? Definitely connected

Tooting legend

If true the player wants the move. Let him go 15million a dodgy knee hasn't played much this season and is 27 . Let's invest the money in players who do want to be at the club. Norwood for one. Plus a centre half and forward. We are still a great club without him.

One James stannard

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 26, 2018, 09:38:05 PM
If true the player wants the move. Let him go 15million a dodgy knee hasn't played much this season and is 27 . Let's invest the money in players who do want to be at the club. Norwood for one. Plus a centre half and forward. We are still a great club without him.

No player, manager or owner is bigger than this wonderful club

KJS

Quote from: One James stannard on January 26, 2018, 09:49:21 PM
Quote from: Tooting legend on January 26, 2018, 09:38:05 PM

No player, manager or owner is bigger than this wonderful club

Fred Callaghan was pretty big  049:gif

General

Quote from: Benny on January 26, 2018, 08:18:37 PM
Maybe this is why we bid to buy Oli Norwood this week.....tried and tested replacement I guess.....

Guys, the OP is a Wum.. 70 posts and most of those have been around this single topic pushing the cairney wanting to move story. Cairney has said he loves it here, enjoys playing here, loves the club.. why would that change soon rapidly. Especially for 5 mill less than newcastle offered and a bid that got rejected.

Calm down. Some have even suggested lucas piazon has posted stuff on his social media sitting opposite cairney on way to match.. and what's prompted this... cairneys gf posting a photo on her instagram... no date given.

Since when has cairney ever given any of us the impression that he'd withdraw himself from a match day squad to force through a move. He's much more a gentleman than that.. he's more the type to get on with his job and if something ever got accepted then perhaps go for talks. He's not a baby who does a Martin and throws his toys out of the pram.

BestOfBrede

Exactly - well said General!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on January 26, 2018, 09:12:30 PM
Quote from: OdecaMynoT on January 26, 2018, 09:11:24 PM

We have Norwood...

We have Norwood on loan, that is all, we have far too many players on loan, and that is unhealthy.
What happens if Norwood gets injured, if the squad gets any thinner it will become invisible. 
You wouldn't think we are suppose to be chasing promotion with so much inactivity in a month that could define our season.
Having said that, if Cairney leaves, and I will only believe it when I see it, then we move on, no good worrying about something we have no power over.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

And haven't westham just signed the Portuguese central midfielder joao mario
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

he's about as much a tried and tested replacement for Tom as keiran Richards was for dembele.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Benny

Not a WUM at all.

Only a few posts but I have been registered with this site since 2012 more for update reasons.

Nothing wrong with asking the reason behind trying to sign Norwood at this time.

Try thinking outside the box once in a while and not having such a deluded view on things.

Quote from: General on January 26, 2018, 09:54:46 PM

Guys, the OP is a Wum.. 70 posts and most of those have been around this single topic pushing the cairney wanting to move story. Cairney has said he loves it here, enjoys playing here, loves the club.. why would that change soon rapidly. Especially for 5 mill less than newcastle offered and a bid that got rejected.

Calm down. Some have even suggested lucas piazon has posted stuff on his social media sitting opposite cairney on way to match.. and what's prompted this... cairneys gf posting a photo on her instagram... no date given.

Since when has cairney ever given any of us the impression that he'd withdraw himself from a match day squad to force through a move. He's much more a gentleman than that.. he's more the type to get on with his job and if something ever got accepted then perhaps go for talks. He's not a baby who does a Martin and throws his toys out of the pram.