watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan and son - what are they thinking ?

Started by howitis, January 31, 2018, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

For the life of me, I can't quite fathom what the Khans plans are for the team. We came up short last year but retained the services of our manager. Pre season we lost 2 influential players from last year but did some dealings that on the whole have proved to be failures (apart from Norwood loan). Here we are again, similar position to last year, results improving but still some clear evidence that we are weak in certain departments.
It appears management are being strong and looking to retain our most desirable players (Cairney,Sess,Fredericks etc) but why would you do that if you are not focussed on getting promotion. Failure to go up this season will surely mean the end of those players and also let's face it probably the last season  for the manager who surely couldn't have the motivation to go again
So my question is, if you have retained players, kept the manager despite some internal challenges why wouldn't you do your utmost to see it through. We will not go up with the squad as it is at the time of writing this post so for heavens sake Fulham lets get some proper business done to ensure that at least we have given it everything to give ourselves a chance and justify the retention of certain players. If that means loan deals then fine but make them significant and get the cheque book out. It its paying the wages and a loan fee so be it.

davew

Well said!!! I would add that Khan is really in a no lose situation if he does nothing, plenty of revenue to be earnt in the Summer window, if he does something now and spends a little he can still recoup the amount he invests now (from the Summer sales) and if he wants to take a risk and dig deep into his pockets, I still don't see that he will lose and you never know he might win by Fulham achieving promotion! The downside to the latter comment is that he would have to spend very heavily for us to have any chance of staying in the premiership. If he is not prepared to take a risk now, I don't think he will later, more at stake!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Andy S

Keep your nerve. Whether we sign players today or not we are still in a very good position. You also forget the cost does not gaurentee promotion

Jimsbeerbelly

But fear not, the shortsightedness of fans, actually believe that we don't need any additions, after our recent run. They feel, that if we retain both Cairney & Sessesgon, it'll be a good window  1500.gif absolute Madness.

If the window shuts tonight, and we do not at least add a ST and CB, the Kahn's would have had another stinker again, and I fear backlash from the fans.   

davew

Quote from: Andy S on January 31, 2018, 09:35:32 AM
Keep your nerve. Whether we sign players today or not we are still in a very good position. You also forget the cost does not gaurentee promotion
Yes we are, of course the cost does not guarantee promotion but it does make it more likely if you bring in the right players, now that is another debate. Whatever is done today including nothing, has a risk attached to it in terms of achieving promotion, as a "tight" accountant, I would invest in 2 or 3 more players now!!

General

Quote from: Andy S on January 31, 2018, 09:35:32 AM

You're sounding like a Khan.  Haha.

That said, whilst spending money as a general terms doesn't guarantee anything (no s**t) with latest examples including Mollo. .. the same can be said for spending money having a huge difference  (see cairney / Mcdonald /johansen)... the real question is have they done what they should be being paid to do and sourced players of quality that will definitely improve our squad with a budget that's not too bad but not like man city's etc.

I for one, see us in a clearly strong position currently having said goodbye to a few players this Jan and believe if we strengthen then we have a real chance at promotion and perhaps even automatic promotion at that. If Khan is serious about achieving that then he must realise now is as good as ever to do so.

I dread to think what will happen to the club in the summer if despite all our potential we don't go up again. I am more likely to lay the blame at the khans feet for lack of ambition and investment than that of the players or slavisa.

davew

Quote from: General on January 31, 2018, 09:43:10 AM
I dread to think what will happen to the club in the summer if despite all our potential we don't go up again. I am more likely to lay the blame at the khans feet for lack of ambition and investment than that of the players or slavisa.
I have to agree with you, Khan will still sleep at night though!

bill taylors apprentice

Don't worry, "they are doing whatever it takes"!

"Whatever it takes" to do what exactly is another question!

KJS

See that you are all Khan bashing again!!

howitis

no not bashing, just trying to understand the strategy. Please remember this is the chairman/family who said he would do everything possible to get us back into the Premiership. Those words have been ringing hollow ever since. For what its worth the championship has been enjoyable but our scouting and transfer dealings have been nothing short of laughable.
Every team that is challenging needs reinforcements to see them over the line. Our results have been very good of late but for those attending all matches we all know the performances have not always matched those results.

toshes mate

Given that nobody can sack a Khan unless they are a Khan I'd like top see an open fan forum with Khan Senior, alone, addressing the questions asked by the audience. I'd love there to be one question asked about his son and the circumstances under which Mr Khan might consider sacking him.  The answer could open such a can of worms for the family in any number of different ways unless, it has to be said, their custodianship of the Club is as clear as we fans would like to believe it is and that means ambition and the actions required to achieve that ambition.  Khan and his Son have as many attempts at that as they choose and there is nothing we can change about that.

We should all consider that, for the most part, one thing is true about life in general and that is if you get everything in the right place, in the right order, and at the right time then success shouldn't be too far away.  The problem with life is that not even experts know everything, or where the right place is, or what the right order may be,  or when it is the right time.  The best experts will give you educated guesses but no one can ever be certain.  Fulfillment of dreams always needs a little help from something else and no one knows what that something else truly is.   

The current squad can do the business for FFC and I am hoping that that something else is ready and able to make it so. 

MJG

Quote from: howitis on January 31, 2018, 10:46:55 AM
our scouting and transfer dealings have been nothing short of laughable.

But ones that have led us to 6th and playoffs last year and now in 6th place.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Its all so loving poo crap and bollocks to so many isn't it?
Yet at times we are watching some of the best football in almost 20 years. Yes thats down to a coach who according to some will always be leaving at end of every window but yet stays shackled to this club without the ability to leave for some reason and also yes the way we bring players in.
Yes mistakes made like any other time in 40 years of watching this team, could we do more? probably, but its not as if they dont want to go up ffs. They have their reasons for not pumping in 50M of transfer fees to keep everyone happy
"I want strikers" you got two "Yes, but not those strikers"
Lets get a third, a real name, championship experience, We did get one like that and majority hated the player last year and that was before he went on strike.

right back to work.
Just the views of a long term fan

Skatzoffc

If they don't invest it speaks volumes to me.

I can see us losing Joka.
If he goes, we will lose our key players.
Cairney, Sess Freddy etc.

Back to square one.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

JoelH5

Quote from: Skatzoffc on January 31, 2018, 11:33:13 AM
If they don't invest it speaks volumes to me.

I can see us losing Joka.
If he goes, we will lose our key players.
Cairney, Sess Freddy etc.

Back to square one.

That will most probably happen anyway if we don't go up this year. Doesn't matter if they spent 20 mill in Jan. If we don't go up there will be a change of gaurd
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Baszab

We all agree team playing well and SJ must be good coach - some silly mistakes like Fonte over Kamara excepted

Now if we all agree that promotion is the target then why are the owners not investing to achieve this if at all possible ?

We can only conclude that they are satisfied with the present status quo and hope that SJ can take us up without any more net spend

It's not terrible .... but doesn't show the full ambition that all supporters want given the owner's enormous wealth

Tbh it's just disappointing really

David I

said on the transfer post.... although we have only released fringe players we are only a couple of injuries or poor performances away from dropping out the play off push....
They cant be thinking....

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on January 31, 2018, 11:12:00 AM
Quote from: howitis on January 31, 2018, 10:46:55 AM
our scouting and transfer dealings have been nothing short of laughable.

But ones that have led us to 6th and playoffs last year and now in 6th place.

And what did getting to 6th place last year get us?
On yes I remember we got stuffed by Waitrose fc.
The past has gone .
Automatic promotion is what we want,not the lottery of the playoffs.

grandad

As I said on another thread, you can´t force a player to sign. Perhaps we have approached players but either the fee is above what our valuation is, or the players wage demands are in excess of what we feel he is worth. It is no good keep moaning about us not bringing in the players we have identified.
Other teams might have done business but it is no guarantee it will bring success. We have wasted quite enough money over the years & the Club are right in their approach now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

jarv

Who needs a striker. Look at goals for, second highest in the division if I am not mistaken. Slow and steady, Burnley, Brighton, WBA ( a few years ago) all had good seasons in the championship before getting promotion. None spent bucket loads of money to get there. Besides, isn't it better entertainment to see the football Fulham produce in this division or a relegation battle, getting spanked by the top 6 teams and scrapping with the likes of Stoke and Newcastle.

As supporters, we have all seen what happened when MAF departed, the shambles, the useless coaches brought in, not replacing D and D, or H and H.  Be careful what you wish for. 049:gif