News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where are all the SK supporters this evening?

Started by davew, January 31, 2018, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

All quiet on here, all I read is mainly opinions the same as mine which are logical!! A few on here think we are good enough that we won't be affected by our lack of signings, I hope you are right but I have made a list of names so that we can return to the subject before the end of March and I will be more than happy to say I was wrong if I was wrong!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

David I

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 09:53:56 PM
All quiet on here, all I read is mainly opinions the same as mine which are logical!! A few on here think we are good enough that we won't be affected by our lack of signings, I hope you are right but I have made a list of names so that we can return to the subject before the end of March and I will be more than happy to say I was wrong if I was wrong!!
I'm not trawling through the many transfer pages to name those that questioned those of us that expected the club to match Jokas "let's get things done early approach"....
Yep, the same MUGS that will claim the respective  club wanted too much or the player didn't want to come.. Tw@ts!

David I

Quote from: David I on January 31, 2018, 09:58:35 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 09:53:56 PM
I'm not trawling through the many transfer pages to name those that questioned those of us that expected the club to match Jokas "let's get things done early approach"....
Yep, the same MUGS that will claim the respective  club wanted too much or the player didn't want to come.. Tw@ts!
Same old, same old...NOTHING changes...

brightster

I am on here, disappointed but not giving up hope!

davew

Fulham Joe

If the right players aren't available at the right price, then they're not available.
I think the fact that we didn't sell better players than were ever likely to have bought, makes this window not that bad.

brightster

50mins to go and haven't sold the main 3 that where being touted around, RS, TC and RF. signed Targett. Got rid of deadwood.
Still think we need 2 in but looking unlikely now.

davew

Quote from: Fulham Joe on January 31, 2018, 10:12:43 PM
If the right players aren't available at the right price, then they're not available.
I think the fact that we didn't sell better players than were ever likely to have bought, makes this window not that bad.
Where have you been throughout this months window (sorry)? Loads of players within our budget that we could have bought (well not us personally..but SK) or even got on loan, other clubs managed it!!! As for your 2nd sentence, I really can't answer that, not a bad window because we kept our best players, come on!!!

brightster

To be fair not much business from the top half of the Championship this Jan, just out of interest which players would you have signed that would strengthen our team, and could fit into the system we play?
Not being funny just interested that's all.

davew

Quote from: brightster on January 31, 2018, 10:22:08 PM
To be fair not much business from the top half of the Championship this Jan, just out of interest which players would you have signed that would strengthen our team, and could fit into the system we play?
That is a very good point and I think I know where you are coming from...how many players in the top half of the table were available..am checking my records! My own point of view is that the teams around and above us in the table have a stronger squad than us which might ultimately decide who gets into the play offs and who gets promoted. As much as we scream and shout about Fulham's ambition in the window, there haven't really been that many transfers in total in the Championship, I am sure the stat's boys will quote the numbers and analysis in the morning and I hope they do!

brightster

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 10:28:16 PM
Quote from: brightster on January 31, 2018, 10:22:08 PM
That is a very good point and I think I know where you are coming from...how many players in the top half of the table were available..am checking my records! My own point of view is that the teams around and above us in the table have a stronger squad than us which might ultimately decide who gets into the play offs and who gets promoted. As much as we scream and shout about Fulham's ambition in the window, there haven't really been that many transfers in total in the Championship, I am sure the stat's boys will quote the numbers and analysis in the morning and I hope they do!

Agree that other teams have more depth in their squads, but do think we are left with a strong squad but very thin.
And as I did say we needed a couple more in.
Just hope we can stay injury and suspension free.

davew

toshes mate

News of 'boro's Christie being at MP and possibly Mitrovich being revisited as his 'done deal' elsewhere has fallen through (both from BBC).  But then I remember it's Fulham and so best not to think too much about anything until it is in B&W!

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Mitrovic deal looks over the line subject to medical.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Mince if your still crouched in that Hedge at Motspur Park, you can roll your blanket up, and catch the last train.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2018, 11:45:08 PM
Mince if your still crouched in that Hedge at Motspur Park, you can roll your blanket up, and catch the last train.
That explains everything, I only received 11 bottles in the case that he sent me, kept 1 for himself!

Peabody

And there's me thinking that we are all Fulham Supporters on here's.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Peabody on January 31, 2018, 11:50:41 PM
And there's me thinking that we are all Fulham Supporters on here's.
All of the ones I chat to seem to be! A lot of them are youngsters compared with you and me! Thoughts on our transfer business? Happier than I was a couple of hours ago, think it is fair to say that most of us were worried we wouldn't sign anybody, the transfer window was a bit like some of our recent performances i.e. managed to score late!