watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I BELIEVE

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 03, 2018, 05:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

This squad is unbelievable right now. 8 games unbeaten (7W 1D). 51 goals scored, joint top goal scorers with Wolves.
Patient.
Pragmatic.
Skilled.
Calm.
Composed.
Offensively Fierce.
Defensively Tenacious and Stubborn.

Mitro looks like a proper english-style center forward, and definitely gives us a Plan B  in attack
The introduction of Targett and Christie give us options in defense to push Ryan and Ryan up on the Left and Right wings respectively.
Odoi can fill in for anyone in the back.
Ayite back from injury, only missing Tom.
Team playing so well that TC would be a fool to want to leave and is probably chomping at the bit to get back in.

HAPPY DAYS!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

davew

Quote from: maoconnor on February 03, 2018, 05:04:21 PM
This squad is unbelievable right now. 8 games unbeaten (7W 1D). 51 goals scored, joint top goal scorers with Wolves.
Patient.
Pragmatic.
Skilled.
Calm.
Composed.
Offensively Fierce.
Defensively Tenacious and Stubborn.

Mitro looks like a proper english-style center forward, and definitely gives us a Plan B  in attack
The introduction of Targett and Christie give us options in defense to push Ryan and Ryan up on the Left and Right wings respectively.
Odoi can fill in for anyone in the back.
Ayite back from injury, only missing Tom.
Team playing so well that TC would be a fool to want to leave and is probably chomping at the bit to get back in.

HAPPY DAYS!
You wait until we start playing well (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

The biggest difference is we are winning when we are not playing brilliantly. Betts made saves today and the result could have gone either way. Their keeper made a mistake to gift us a goal. But we have too often looked great last season without getting the results. This season the results are there for all to see.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Forever Fulham

Can't help but feel Fonte isn't getting the props he deserves.  He worked his socks off, harassed, chased, ran, kept their defenders back, made them expend energy.  All of which led to some opponent fatigue which paid late dividends.  He never gave up on anything.  Didn't get much service.  A clash of styles which will get worked out and harmonised.  Players weren't on the same page. 

alfie

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 03, 2018, 05:19:46 PM
Can't help but feel Fonte isn't getting the props he deserves.  He worked his socks off, harassed, chased, ran, kept their defenders back, made them expend energy.  All of which led to some opponent fatigue which paid late dividends.  He never gave up on anything.  Didn't get much service.  A clash of styles which will get worked out and harmonised.  Players weren't on the same page.
I was just going to say that, no need to now, just agree with you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lyle from Hangeland

Yep, Fulham look dominate right now. Not playing the best Championship teams... but Forest has some talent.

Jamie88

I think the majority of fans appreciate that he works hard and is seemingly a good bloke, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that he isn't good enough at this level. How long do you give someone a chance to prove themselves as a striker when you have an improving Kamara and Mitrovic also wanting game time

Slaphead in Qatar

are you joking? he tries his best but adds nothing. mitro came on and showed what a real centre forward should do i.e hold up the ball, get in front of the defender in the box, win fouls etc.

ffcne

Really mate .He's meant to be a goalscorer .How many attempts did he have today.
Should not be nowhere near the starting eleven.  Harmonised !!!  :doh:

ffcne

Quote from: Statto on February 03, 2018, 05:34:44 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on February 03, 2018, 05:27:11 PM
ultimately it comes down to the fact that he isn't good enough at this level

i don't think that is a fact at all

not the style of player we currently need? ... maybe

not good enough? ... no
Not good enough - YES  .What does he do .SFA.

RaySmith

I don't think the manager  would have kept him  for that time if he didn't think he was doing a decent job, even if  he probably  wasn't the right sort of player to play the lone striker role in this game, but  gave his all.

Even if Mitro comes good, which I think and hope he will, we will still need back up strikers, so  Fonte and  Kamara  will have roles to play in the  squad.

ffcne

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 03, 2018, 05:30:21 PM

are you joking? he tries his best but adds nothing. mitro came on and showed what a real centre forward should do i.e hold up the ball, get in front of the defender in the box, win fouls etc.
:plus one:

ffcne

I think the majority of fans appreciate that he works hard and is seemingly a good bloke, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that he isn't good enough at this level. How long do you give someone a chance to prove themselves as a striker when you have an improving Kamara and Mitrovic also wanting game time
:plus one:

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: RaySmith on February 03, 2018, 05:37:46 PM
I don't think the manager  would have kept him  for that time if he didn't think he was doing a decent job, even if  he probably  wasn't the right sort of player to play the lone striker role in this game, but  gave his all.

Even if Mitro comes good, which I think and hope he will, we will still need back up strikers, so  Fonte and  Kamara  will have roles to play in the  squad.

feel sorry for kamara - appears to be third choice at the moment just when he seemed to be coming good. hope his confidence doesn't take a knock.

HatterDon

mac, I am SO pleased to see you say "champing" rather than "chomping" -- not often someone gets it right
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham1959

Quote from: HatterDon on February 03, 2018, 05:48:56 PM
mac, I am SO pleased to see you say "champing" rather than "chomping" -- not often someone gets it right

The idiom is usually written chomping at the bit, and some people consider this spelling wrong. But chomp can also mean to bite or chew noisily (though chomped things are often eaten, while champed things are not), so chomp at the bit means roughly the same as champ at the bit.
In fact, chomp, which began as a variant of champ, is alive in English while the biting-related sense of champ is dead outside this idiom, so it's no wonder that chomping at the bit is about 20 times as common as champing at the bit on the web. Champing at the bit can sound funny to people who aren't familiar with the idiom or the obsolete sense of champ, while most English speakers can infer the meaning of chomping at the bit.

grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

terryr

Quote from: ffcne on February 03, 2018, 05:37:20 PM

Last week he scored 2
So he did that

not good enough? ... no

alfie

Quote from: TerryR on February 03, 2018, 06:45:32 PM

Last week he scored 2
So he did that

not good enough? ... no
He ran that defence ragged today, he gave them not a moments peace, we all know he is not a lone striker, but seems to be where Slav wants him to play.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulhamerica

Quote from: alfie on February 03, 2018, 07:51:01 PM
Quote from: TerryR on February 03, 2018, 06:45:32 PM

Last week he scored 2
So he did that

not good enough? ... no
He ran that defence ragged today, he gave them not a moments peace, we all know he is not a lone striker, but seems to be where Slav wants him to play.

:plus one: He's not built to be up top by himself against the lumps at center back in the championship, much like we were told by Braga reports over the summer

HV71

Quote from: alfie on February 03, 2018, 05:23:22 PM

+1
I was just going to say that, no need to now, just agree with you.