watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manager of the Year Award

Started by grandad, March 02, 2018, 12:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Can´t see how Wow got the award. He has achieved nothing for Palace yet. Slavisa took us within a whisker of promotion last season & has a good shout this season.
Since Woy left us he has been a failure everywhere. He reached his pinnacle with us in 2010
Where there's a will there's a wife

colinwhite

Bit harsh grandad but i see what you mean ;Joka should have walked it !

hovewhite

Roy winning it,how did he get it,seems strange judgment.

Burt

I think Wenger should have got it in recognition of his powers of being able to cling on to the job when all those around him want him to leave :)

Chutney

To be fair to Roy, crystal palace hadn't got a single point when he joined, he's done brilliantly there
C O Y W

Milo

Depends on who decides doesn't it. He's a journalist and pundit favourite.

mrmicawbers

Poisoned Chalice me thinks.Watch Palace get relegated.

Facts Not Fiction

Jokanovic, in that respect, has achieved nothing either.

cmg

Quote from: Milo on March 02, 2018, 01:16:05 PM
Depends on who decides doesn't it. He's a journalist and pundit favourite.

https://londonfootballawards.org/#judges

Seems like a decent cross-section of the usual suspects.

Timing seems a bit early to me. The website makes it clear the awards are for the season, not the calendar year as I had thought.

grandad

Palace have 27 points from 28 games this season with a GD of -18 & sit 1 place above the relegation zone. We have 59 points from 34 games & a GD of +20 & sit in 5th position. Tell me again who is the better Manager.
Where there's a will there's a wife

irishfulham

They haven't exactly had burton and the Birmingham's to play at home Though have they

Fulham 442

I do think the timing is a bit early.   Yes Palace had no points when Roy arrived and have 27 now but they could still get relegated.  I certainly agree he is a favourite of the pundits and the journalists which has clearly had an impact on the vote.

HV71

In reality- what does it matter? Personally I love both of them - both have principles- both are there own men . Both of them deserve the utmost respect. Simple yet so unusual and rare in today's game.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: irishfulham on March 02, 2018, 04:22:19 PM
They haven't exactly had burton and the Birmingham's to play at home Though have they

Could make the case that they are the B'Ham and Burton

Twig

Both are deserving and each has a case.  Don't really care which one receives the award.  Ido agree however that it seems much too early.