watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess if promoted

Started by irishfulham, March 08, 2018, 05:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A lot of us are not addressing the important point that the op is making, it important and worth giving thought to.
I am not convinced that right now Sess is a good as the media are making him out to be and I even question if he is good enough for a promotion chasing team in the Championship. However his goals speak for themselves and he fits well into the team and hence justifies his place in the team.
The big clubs  have no intention to introduce him to premiership football for a while as no doubt they probably already have better players for the position, they are to prepared to invest huge sums because in their judgement Sess will be worht more than tis in a few seasons time when he can command a first team spott.

Now if we are promoted, we will need money for new players. Will we be prepared to play Sess. in the reservesuntil he matures further and at the same time turn down offers of say £30m.

irishfulham

Thank you this was exactly what I meant

Jeroen

Controversial, but sell him for £40m with a season loan back (rather than £50-£60 outright)
All parties happy and we get to invest the £40M in building a squad that can stay in the premier for the next 10 years again (we will need a heavy investment t if we go up)

simplyfulham

Quote from: Jeroen on March 10, 2018, 12:31:26 PM
Controversial, but sell him for £40m with a season loan back (rather than £50-£60 outright)
All parties happy and we get to invest the £40M in building a squad that can stay in the premier for the next 10 years again (we will need a heavy investment t if we go up)

Yes we'll need investment, but don't forget that just by being in the Prem we'll receive a huge amount of cash. Which means we're not as reliant on selling players to generate cash.