watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess if promoted

Started by irishfulham, March 08, 2018, 05:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

Now don't shoot me here please but what are the thoughts on sess if promoted.
In recent weeks imo he has really struggled only having a few moments in a game where he will get in behind and do something positive yes he has scored loads of goals and well done but can he make the step up to premiership? Is he being overhyped? What if we turn down 30-50 million offers for him get promoted and then he can't step up what's his value then ? Just a thought I really like sess and think he's brilliant and eventually will be a top player in the prem but looking a recent performance I don't think he's quite ready yet

KJS

Not sure who you have been watching????

davew

Quote from: KJS on March 08, 2018, 05:40:54 PM
Not sure who you have been watching????
Probably us, I have to agree with him that Sess has not been at his best in recent matches, his goals have made up for that though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Barrett487

If we get promoted i think Ryan will want to play for Fulham in the Premier League. We would also want to demonstrate how good our youth set-up is, so can't see us wanting to sell him. I think we'll only sell him if he insists on a transfer, but even then he doesn't seem like someone who would 'throw toys' if we refused.

Black and White Town

IMO he's more likely to stay with us for at least another season if we get promoted, and likely to leave for a prem club if we stay in the Championship.

alfie

Quote from: Barrett487 on March 08, 2018, 05:51:48 PM
If we get promoted i think Ryan will want to play for Fulham in the Premier League. We would also want to demonstrate how good our youth set-up is, so can't see us wanting to sell him. I think we'll only sell him if he insists on a transfer, but even then he doesn't seem like someone who would 'throw toys' if we refused.
He may well want to stay with us, but I guess it all depends on what may be offered by other clubs, the old saying "everyone has a price" comes to mind.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham 442

He is certainly better as a left winger than as a left back at the moment  but he is growing in strength all the time.  If we get promoted he will certainly stay with us for the time being.  Beyond that none of us can see.  We have a very rich Chairman - perhaps he will plough millions into the club and make us "The Manchester United of the South" and we will be able to keep Sess!!

Nero

just thought id point out he's 17

grandad

In the last 2 games opposition defenders have doubled up on Sess. This has restricted him somewhat but it has freed up space for others. I am more than happy how he is playing. However, I feel that after the Preston match he should have a couple of games on the bench for him to recharge for the final push. He might also have a small injury he is playing through.
Where there's a will there's a wife

mrmicawbers

If he were to stay with us if we got promoted this season I would have expect him to sign a new contract for a longer term and obviously more money.This would protect our investment in terms of maximising his eventual sell on value.

Twig

Don't jump on me but I just wonder whether SJ could consider dropping Sess back to LB once or twice to give him more space and make it harder for sides to double up on him?

The Rock

Quote from: Barrett487 on March 08, 2018, 05:51:48 PM

Sensible. Wouldn't think any toys thrown with getting to play in the PL at 18, as a starter with the club he came up with. Very Southampton 2012 if you will.

BedsFFC

Made a point a few weeks back about a change that has happened over the season.

Early in season Ryan was targeted as a potential weak link to exploit.
Now he's targeted as he's a threat they need to stop.

Amazing in just a few months for a youth player

RaySmith

Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2018, 09:12:59 PM
Don't jump on me but I just wonder whether SJ could consider dropping Sess back to LB once or twice to give him more space and make it harder for sides to double up on him?

Good point, but drop Targett?

Probably true that Sess is being closed down by teams - well, he's hardly under the radar now - but, amazingly, he's still scoring goals.

MJG

Sess playing at LB and then moving to LW and then back again as the season progressed has been the making of him in my eyes.
Worked perfectly with less pressure on him. Now he's starting every game at LW you are seeing fans being slightly critical of him when he doesn't score.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

And of course Joka said this yesterday:
"I like using Sess both as a left back and winger. Ryan's physicality is fantastic and can attack from both positions."
Just the views of a long term fan

Bassey the warrior

Think Sess could do with working on his dribbling skills. He rarely beats his man. Still he's learnt the harder skills of scoring and off the ball movement.

irishfulham

I'm not being critical of him I'm just asking the question would he be ready to be a premiership player at this moment

simplyfulham

Quote from: irishfulham on March 09, 2018, 05:35:39 PM
I'm not being critical of him I'm just asking the question would he be ready to be a premiership player at this moment

Fair enough and it's a decent question. In truth, it depends on what you define as 'being good enough for the Premier League.' Sorry if that sounds pedantic. But I mean, was Scott Malone good enough for the Premier League when Huddersfield signed him? Is he good enough now?

I think Sess would get into about 6-8 Premier League teams tomorrow if they could pick him. If we go up, he'd certainly be good enough for us to be a first team player.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that he's already gone. Theres a few too many hints I've seen around that point toward a deal already being in place for him.

irishfulham

There was a bid made by United in January only team to make a bid and it was firmly rejected