News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Olives Lovely or horrible perfumey tasting things?

Started by FatFreddysCat, February 05, 2010, 11:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Up until about a year or two ago i thought they was absolutely disgusting , and as the thread headline states tasted of perfume, but just lately i've gone mad on them, espescially the ones from the deli counter in garlic and herbs. How do you stand on the Olive vote?

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Steve_orino

Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

FatFreddysCat

FatFreddysCat

Steve_orino

I love beer too!

But every once in a while you need a good vodka martini.  Gin if you prefer...
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Steve_orino on February 06, 2010, 12:41:21 AM
I love beer too!

But every once in a while you need a good vodka martini.  Gin if you prefer...
Yeah but with olives in? Saying that sambuca just aint the same without the coffee beans in it.

Lighthouse

Blimey posh people. Olives are for toffs. I never ad an Olive an newer wiwl. Cause I is true to me roots. And a bad speller as well and my diction is awful apparantly. Olives indeed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Have just read Fat Freddy and his post on the proper English thread. Ironic or what?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 06, 2010, 12:59:16 AM
Have just read Fat Freddy and his post on the proper English thread. Ironic or what?
Not really old bean, believe it or not us chaps from the sink estates dont only eat kebabs , though they are high up our list.

FatFreddysCat

Sorry spelling mistake in the original thread title, it should of course read orrible perfumey things. I do apologise.

Lighthouse

If you start a thread on Caviar I really will begin to feel out classed here.

Do they have estates for sinks?

We were one of five different famililies living in one  bath and we felt posh sitting furthest from the plug.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 06, 2010, 01:23:58 AM

We were one of five different famililies living in one  bath and we felt posh sitting furthest from the plug.
If i've taken this the wrong way i do apologise Lighthouse, but i felt you'd tried to make a bit of a twit of my goodself. I've had a few so i'll look at it again tomorrow when sober to see if i've made yet anouther arse of myself, which i probably have. The response from my bad old days on the offal would have been a lot stronger though. My family live in a washing up bowl, no hot water, and we eat bird seed  (mine is obviously doner kebab flavour) as our sunday treat.Outside toilet , we sh1t in the burnt out car infront of our steel door, with iron bars on our windows. :P

Steve_orino

Here in the States, as a former bartender turned professional drinker, green olives and/or juice in a shaken vodka makes a "dirty martini"  Is this not how it is on the Island?

It may be Posh, but it is quite good!

My main drink, so I can dust off the poshness, would be a nice amber in a pint glass...
@Borino09

clintclintdeuce

I would prefer Kebab every day Fred, but it is really quite a delicacy here in "the mitten"

Black olives for me, not the green ones... stuffed black olives with crab or mushrooms. You can usually find me at the grocery store stealing these out of the self serve area and getting quite filled up on them.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Steve_orino on February 06, 2010, 01:38:42 AM
Here in the States, as a former bartender turned professional drinker, green olives and/or juice in a shaken vodka makes a "dirty martini"  Is this not how it is on the Island?

It may be Posh, but it is quite good!

My main drink, so I can dust off the poshness, would be a nice amber in a pint glass...
I'm sure only bars in Brighton would serve that up in good old Blighty. Saying that i tend to drink in Lloyds bars when out so what do i know? But you can arf ( just for your benefit Lighthouse ;)) get rotten really cheaply.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on February 06, 2010, 01:42:32 AM
I would prefer Kebab every day Fred, but it is really quite a delicacy here in "the mitten"

Black olives for me, not the green ones... stuffed black olives with crab or mushrooms. You can usually find me at the grocery store stealing these out of the self serve area and getting quite filled up on them.
Hahaha Clint i'll be helping myself at the deli in Tesco tomorrow as well, though we dont get crab or mushroom with ours here. I should imagine i'd do a fair bit of damage to the chedder of the week as well. I think i prefer the green olives , but i'll eat both, seriously though garlic them up, every thing should have loads of garlic, i'm the anti vampire.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 06, 2010, 01:34:00 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 06, 2010, 01:23:58 AM

If i've taken this the wrong way i do apologise Lighthouse, but i felt you'd tried to make a bit of a twit of my goodself. I've had a few so i'll look at it again tomorrow when sober to see if i've made yet anouther arse of myself, which i probably have. The response from my bad old days on the offal would have been a lot stronger though. My family live in a washing up bowl, no hot water, and we eat bird seed  (mine is obviously doner kebab flavour) as our sunday treat.Outside toilet , we sh1t in the burnt out car infront of our steel door, with iron bars on our windows. :P
Oh stop it all. We all have had our fair share of crap in our lives but the truth is we are all having enough spare time on our hands to be on here with some friendly banter.

The last couple of posts have reminded me of the service a bit. On the ship I served most of my time in the Royal Navy we would have different hours eating depending on duties and also because not everyone could fit in the mess at the same time. Either way, the youngest one in terms of service to the country on the shift would be stuffed at the far end under the telly and be served last. So if you felt like having a second steak/pizza/whatever it would mean that the the chap under the TV would get only potatoes.

That is just the way it was and nobody complained because eventually that lad would be getting towards the front of the pecking order over time. I ate a lot of potatoes for a long time. We had the same pecking order in terms of bunks and the young ones (like me at the time) got stuffed and given the top ones (3 high) and had to strap myself in with a seatbelt contraption when the seas were bad because you would fall out. The only blessing was when you got seasick you could throw up on the w***er under you

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

I'll consider myself told Finny ::). Though to be honest as a young 18 year old i cant imagine myself being told to wait for my food by an older bloke, infact now i'm much less mobile and fit than i was at 18, i'd  stil go mental if someone had 1st dibs at the doner kebab. Lucky i was in the SAS eh? ::) ::) ::) ::)

Lighthouse

FAT FREDDY

Well I am a sensitive soul and feel insulted that anything what I wrote like, could be interpreted as an insult to Fat Freddy. I have just spent several valuable moments re reading the thread and realise Fat Fred thought my Bath stolen type Monty Python joke was an attack on him. A chip on the shoulder class thing. Well it wasn't and so I am not even going to say sorry for any implied or imagined insult. This is an MB where people post stuff about Olives. If they see a class war brewing because I joined in then more fool them.

Drunk or not over sensitive or not I am done appologising for any imagined insults. I still love Fat Freddy and just feel hurt. Like a dagger through the heart. But I will be ok. A little time on my own in a corner somewhere and I will be fine.