more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic is great ...but Fonte ??

Started by Baszab, March 17, 2018, 02:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Fonte surely one of the worst players at FFC for many years
No dynamism no skill nothing at all does he contribute - what a shame we needed some guts in the last 20 not Fonte - could have used Christie Norwood or Bouba

davew

Joka must believe in miracles if he thinks Fonte can contribute something when we are under immense pressure, I do hope I never see him play for us again!! I almost switched the TV off when I saw Fonte and Ojo being brought on for TC and Sess, having said that I still think QPR would have got a draw at least even if we hadn't made the substitutions, maybe we would have won if we had made different substitutions though?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Jok lost the plot today and Holloway outwitted him. But we need a plan b, because we cannot pass ourselves to death for 90 plus minutes, we have to mix it up when the tippy tappy runs out of mileage. We asked for trouble and we got it. Very lucky not to lose today. Almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. 
As for poor old Fonte, he is a boy playing in a mans game.
Needs to play in a League where you don't have to compete, break sweat, and get his shorts muddy, somewhere abroad would be more suitable.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobby01

Well he is not a centre forward, not a number 10. What exactly did we buy?
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobby01 on March 17, 2018, 03:28:08 PM
Well he is not a centre forward, not a number 10. What exactly did we buy?

A Pig in a Poke.

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Yes, lucky to get a point today...... hated watching us completely lose control of the match in the 2nd half.
Joka should shoulder a fair proportion of the blame. Those subs left me holding my head in my hands ?????

We could have held on despite not deserving all 3 points
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Carborundum

Not the obvious remedy for being overrun in midfield.

Speaking with some QPR fans after the game, they couldn't believe we would take off Sessegnon and Cairney. 

Andy S

Cairney and sessignon did very little in the second half as QPR stopped them playing. That is why changes were needed. You have to give QPR their due but Betts saved us today

Baszab

QPR totally blocked us out second half and should have won
We needed passion fire dynamism effort - we got Fonte who's is truly dire
That's why he got a bad reception from the Riverside around me

Surely in training Fonte can not be worth a place over Kebano Kamara ??

Should have stuck Norwood in the middle and pushed Kamara up front

Neil D

Fonte coming on made no sense at all.  He's too lightweight to shore up the midfield when we're being pressed, not being a ball-winner or even a ball-retainer for that matter.  While he can be creative going forward that is only the case when the team is on top.  Ayite also added nothing.  We needed some route one stuff and Kamara, in place of Piazon, was the man for that. 

S.F.Sorrow

I don't understand why he is even on the bench. Nothing would please me more than to see him go in the summer, even at huge loss, just to spare me the agony of seeing his name on the team sheet week after week. Nobody with half a brain will pay 9m for him so the money is lost anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on March 17, 2018, 08:11:29 PM
I don't understand why he is even on the bench. Nothing would please me more than to see him go in the summer, even at huge loss, just to spare me the agony of seeing his name on the team sheet week after week. Nobody with half a brain will pay 9m for him so the money is lost anyway.

Another classic cock up by Clown Kline and the Stats Stooges.

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

What everyone else says with brass knobs on!

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 17, 2018, 08:18:06 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on March 17, 2018, 08:11:29 PM

Another classic cock up by Clown Kline and the Stats Stooges.

well, perhaps, but Joka keeps using him over and over, so it must be a transfer he agreed with. He was brushed aside today like tissue paper. He may have skills, but not for the English game.

Joka pulled off his two most creative players and replaced them One Eye and Tissue Paper. As our departed friend Tom would have said :tom:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

davew

We can't blame Rui for today's result, when he came on we knew we wouldn't win, I actually thought we would lose! I didn't boo him as I wasn't there, but I did throw the remote at the TV several times, fortunately I missed the target!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JoelH5

I was there and if Fonte never plays for us again it will be too soon.

Bringing off Ses was a good decision as although not as good, Ayite or Ojo can score and play well. Bringing off TC for Fonte was insane. Even when he isn't playing well Cairney can suddenly change the game. Fonte can't. All I can think is Slav hoped Fonte would get lucky, win us the derby and rocket into life for the end of the season. Funnily enough that didn't happen.

As said above we were lucky to draw. Betts made a great save from a 1 on 1. I'd be dissapointed with a  point if I were a QPR fan. Luckily Villa lost but if Cardiff win tomorrow (which I'm sure they will), second is well and truly off the table.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Matt10

Poor performance from Rui. His touches looked like he was back in November, where he was still getting accustomed to the pressure and physicality. Good teammate, but poor professional that isn't showing improvement. You have to earn your spot, and he's earned a bench somehow, but the irony is he's poor because he's not getting match time and he's not getting match time because he's playing poorly as a striker. Sess coming out probably won't ever happen again unless we're up by 5 goals and a match in a couple of days. Only then maybe Fonte will play again. Till then, I really don't think he's going to see the field for a while.

And that's from coming someone who has supported him all year long, despite his ups and downs, and a lot when watching him at Braga. He's an unselfish player that has a number on his back that should belong to a selfish striker. For the sake of his career he needs to go lower league and play regularly as a winger or attacking midfielder, then give it another go in the championship.

colinwhite

Dont forget its not easy going into ateam playing with as little energy as we had in that second half . Maybe Tom was feeling his knee. HE got caught in possession acouple of times in the secind 45 and that is very unlike him.
Ojo and Ayete couldnt effect the game either,so although Fonte is maybe not up to the heights set by others, its harsh to only blame him.
Joka clearly didnt want to change our shape,which would have been the case if we had brought on Kamara.
When all is said and done we have played 2 games now below our best and still taken 4 points.

Milo

Cairney denied an injury in post match talk with sky

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2018, 10:28:16 PM
We can't blame Rui for today's result, when he came on we knew we wouldn't win, I actually thought we would lose! I didn't boo him as I wasn't there, but I did throw the remote at the TV several times, fortunately I missed the target!

davew, Fortunately the QPR players missed the target 🎯 also in the second half. Otherwise we would have been kippered.
Plus we also had Matt Targett.
You could still have booed from your golf club house unless etiquette prevents that.
Or even sent him an email with Boo printed on it. 😂 lol

Never forget your Roots.