https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Pardew gone

Started by bog, April 02, 2018, 01:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: bog on April 03, 2018, 08:55:12 AM
Quote from: gezkc on April 03, 2018, 08:45:35 AM
Ian Wright is saying Alan Pardew will find it very hard to get back into management, "Which Premier League club would employ him to keep them up and which Championship club would want him to take them up?"
Shows what Ian Wright knows - the same old faces fail every year and always find another job.

I read that. Perhaps a bit over the top but right. They used to be team mates so no loyalty there. I wonder if they didn't get on?  :022:
I reckon he could do a good job for a lower div team, he has a wealth of experience that he could put to good use.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Buffalo76

Quote from: bog on April 03, 2018, 08:58:36 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on April 03, 2018, 05:30:03 AM
"So pleased to see that Accrington Stanley won again"

Accrington Stanley........ what a fabulous old fashioned name. Know there is a town of Accrington but where did the Stanley come from?
About 11 years old when they first went bust and confused on how it could happen, only been to The Cottage to witness games in front of 20/30 thousand.... all those one shilling and six pence was ........ a lot.

Jump forward 60 years and they have returned to League football and sit proudly atop of league 2 

Good luck Accrington, more power to your elbow

Totally agree. As a 16 year old I still recall the desolate footage of the ground after the last game played. As you say where did the Stanley come from?  Another who I want to see promoted is Shrewsbury Town.

092.gif

Paul Hurst is on course for a 2nd promotion with Shrewsbury,  having previously taken Grimsby back into the football league. Definitely a talent who maybe deserves a chance with a bigger club at some point. Give the younger guys a chance instead of picking the same old names off the merry go round.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on April 03, 2018, 05:17:40 PM
I've got this massive thing about Ian Wright.  I think its called hatred.

I do not understand how somebody with no original opinions (he always go's with the flow) and his very basic presenting style can earn a living .... as a presenter?  He is either a total con man or has an exceptional agent. The same agent presumably looks after Robbie Savage and just about everyone (Danny M excepted) on TALK sport.

Good, got that off my chest.  3-1 to use tonight?

Jobs for the boys, it's not what you know it's who you know.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KingofCheese

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 03, 2018, 10:13:46 AM
I see Bradford Park Avenue are still playing

Their original ground was designed by the same architect as ours, Archibald Leitch, and if you look at pictures of it you can see the resemblance to CC.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: bog on April 03, 2018, 10:24:29 AM

Yes I follow their scores also. Went to Haig Ave for an FA Cup tie in the late 60's, won 3-2. Also Workington likewise still going.   

Haig Avenue is Southport. I went there once when I was doing the 92 league clubs and the terracing was made up of railway sleepers.

Fernhurst

Quote from: KingofCheese on April 03, 2018, 08:34:37 PM

Their original ground was designed by the same architect as ours, Archibald Leitch, and if you look at pictures of it you can see the resemblance to CC.

Don't know why we didn't give Archie a crack at designing the new Riverside?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.