more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Ayite hadn't have got injured...

Started by Milo, April 07, 2018, 09:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Would we have won that game?

Kebano is our super sub.. yet left out of the squad for the past few months..

For me he has always been the "twist" we need when things just aren't clicking. He has the ability to drift out wide with the ball, and with his quick feet creates space that allows our full backs to overlap. Further when receiving the ball on the edge of the penalty area he makes space and shoots early which can surprise keepers.

No idea what he did to lose his place but thank god he's back!

Tabby

Rate Ayite the highest out our right wingers, he has a work rate beyond any of the other options, and I think he is the most versatile. We have Fred bombing down the right constantly and the wingers need to be able to cover.

Kebano is the best close quarters dribbler, Piazon is the most composed and Ojo has the highest ceiling imo. Ayite is just the one I trust the most of them.

grandad

If Ayite could hit the proverbial barn door we would have won 6-0.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

It's such am interesting debate.  I err on Kebao's side.  he has such quick feet and control.  He also tries the unpredictable which makes him tough to mark.  But he does need to improve his finishing.  Others, Piazon, Ayite, Ojo, have other attributes.  It's a nice problem to have.

Facts Not Fiction

Ayite should start games, as his work ethic is superb, and he covers Fredericks well.

Kebano should be the sub at 60 mins, because of his directness and pace.

Ojo should never start. Ever.

grandad

Quote from: Statto on April 07, 2018, 10:15:36 PM
Quote from: grandad on April 07, 2018, 10:07:29 PM
If Ayite could hit the proverbial barn door we would have won 6-0.

he played for 10 mins today. you're saying he had 5 good chances in that time?

Seemed like it Haha
Where there's a will there's a wife

Milo

Agreed Ayite starts currently (especially away from home when his tracking back is important) but if it's not going well Kebano needs to come on 65-70 mins in.

Darkside

As he had to go off injured after just 10 minutes, doubtful he will be fit for Tuesday or Saturday.

The Old Count

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 07, 2018, 10:10:14 PM
Ayite should start games, as his work ethic is superb, and he covers Fredericks well.

Daft comment if you don't mind me saying.   I trust the manager to decide who should play.  He sees the players in training, he can assess their mental attitude given the pressure we're under to win when we walk on the pitch and he is aware of all of the other considerations like opposition, shape of the team etc etc. 

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: The Old Count on April 08, 2018, 08:29:39 AM

Daft comment if you don't mind me saying.   I trust the manager to decide who should play.  He sees the players in training, he can assess their mental attitude given the pressure we're under to win when we walk on the pitch and he is aware of all of the other considerations like opposition, shape of the team etc etc. 

Did you see how much better we were after he went off yesterday? It's a common occurrence when he comes off.

alfie

Of course you can look at it that if he had stayed on we may have lost the game.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

notonfire1226

The Old Count

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 08, 2018, 09:56:34 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on April 08, 2018, 08:29:39 AM

Did you see how much better we were after he went off yesterday? It's a common occurrence when he comes off.

True we were better and yes he didn't have the best of games.  shouldn't write him off though.
Having said that I doubt if he'll get a start the final five matches.

bobby01

I am a big fan of Ayite and his attributes, high work rate , creates chances, and covers Fredericks well so we get the best out of him. I am also delighted kebano got a chance yesterday and boy did he impress. I like him on the bench, I think kebano and kamara will be top top players given time.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bill taylors apprentice

Having seen Ojo play well at Forest & Sheff Utd (both wide pitches) I can understand his inclusion yesterday on another wide pitch.

His game lacks the consistency that a run in the team would help solve but of course he's competing with numerous players for a starting place.

Who know's what would have happened had Ayite not got injuried?
But I do like Kebano!

MrFFC

Am a huge fan of Kebano really believe he should get more starts but I also agree Ayite is underrated he covers Fredericks really well allowing him to bomb past him which as talented as he is Ojo doesn't do.
Come on you Whites!! :)

Robbie

I think with Ojo it must be contractual with LFC, because he has not had a good game for ages. Anywhere near goal he just puts his head down and shoots rather than making an intelligent pass to a better positioned player.

Being able to do that is a key reason for our improvement.

Milo

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 08, 2018, 11:11:07 AM
Having seen Ojo play well at Forest & Sheff Utd (both wide pitches) I can understand his inclusion yesterday on another wide pitch.

His game lacks the consistency that a run in the team would help solve but of course he's competing with numerous players for a starting place.

Who know's what would have happened had Ayite not got injuried?
But I do like Kebano!

Interesting point about wide pitches. However I was at the Forest away game (his first?) and he was atrocious! So have to disagree there. Was so relieved he was dragged off. Also unsure what we can take from the Sheff Utd game that was end to end, melee stuff. But I'll mull the point over - hadn't thought of it.

I will say however he does seem to on occasion hug the touch line which can sometimes prevent Fredericks overlapping. Tends to be more dangerous attacking from a 45 degree angle outside the penalty area rather than far out wide - for me, anyway. Main issue I have always had with him has been his lethargic pace... never really playing with conviction.

The jury is out on Ojo I reckon! Certainly for me all three alternatives are better options currently.

West Ewells all White

What a great problem to have! I think our manager knows best.

toshes mate

For me the debate should be about who plays best with Fredericks, which, by almost a country mile, is Ayite.  That doesn't mean that Kebano, Piazon, Ojo, Kamara etc are inferior to Ayite in any way but it does emphasise SJ's preferred method of having players who compliment each other in his whole team.  What may mitigate others claim to the right wing spot is how they interface with Mitro and our midfield passers.  On the left for example it is noteworthy that a key component of Matt Targett's contribution is how he releases Sessegnon for a more expansive game than would a lesser left back, whilst Sess has developed a really good partnership with Mitro.  When Sess and Ayite swap roles the momentum is still there, whereas when others do so it isn't always quite so smooth.