watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

91 points

Started by Yorkshirewhite, April 15, 2018, 06:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorkshirewhite

When doing my predictions for the run which was just before we played QPR, the points total we ended with was 91 and in 2nd position, with Cardiff anywhere between 87-90.

I've also seen 91 in some other people's predictions, as there was a topic "Just calling it now" where we achieved 2nd spot on 91.

Now I always factored a draw against Brentford, which back then I thought we could lose entirely.
But if we win the remaining games.. guess what we are on track for this 91 points that even some super computer reckons we'll get. Not that they're ever correct.

What has me more worried though is the mentality, the draw yesterday was disappointing and I just hope it doesn't make Slav field a changed side for the up coming play offs, thinking the opportunity has gone. Cardiff will not win all their games, and I don't mean one "slip up" I mean they will draw with forest 2-2, Derby I can't call could be either result, Hull they probably will win but could easily see a draw and I can see Aluko bagging two in against them on the final day and Reading beating them.

But in order to still go for 2nd they need to drop points immediately rather than their final two games as we will definitely rest players for these games if 5 points behind.
It's a catch 22 do we keep it up whilst there is the chance or try recouping  for the play offs?

What would you do?

Slaphead in Qatar

Draw on paper with Brentford was a good result even with Cardiff winning. Problem was it could and should have been a win for us. We only need to repel one more attack.

Regarding your question. I would go with the same side and tell them to go hell for leather. Millwall away is difficult but we can win it.

Sgt Fulham

We were all saying a draw and 3 wins would do it. We've had our draw and now we have to go all out against Millwall. All or nothing. Maybe that's a good thing and we go out there and smash them. 18 unbeaten tanked by 21 unbeaten on their own patch. We can only hope. It's not over.

filham

When do Cardiff play the postponed Derby game, I thought it was this coming week but can see no mention of it in today's paper.
We want this game played asap so that we can see where we truly stand.

..FOF..

Quote from: Yorkshirewhite on April 15, 2018, 06:17:22 AM

What has me more worried though is the mentality, the draw yesterday was disappointing and I just hope it doesn't make Slav field a changed side for the up coming play offs, thinking the opportunity has gone.

In recent months, we will go on an average of about 3-4 games winning streak after every draw.

Cardiff have been playing on average 38%-40% possession consistently in recent months and susceptible to dropping points by losing.

I would keep on focusing on winning and think about the playoff once it it mathematically impossible for 2nd spot.

Twig

My only change to the starting 11 would be to replace Piazon with Kebano (assuming he is fit and well).

gang

My prediction for what it's worth, (I don't get many right).
Cardiff  90 points.    Fulham 88 points.    Villa 83 points.    Middlesboro'  74 points.    Millwall 73 points.    Derby  73 points.

Wingnut

Cardiff can lose against Derby and they'll still be in driving seat. They have Forest (H), Hull (A) and Reading (H) in their remaining games and I think they'll win those three. Derby are back to their old ways of messing things up at the business end of the season. They've W2, D2, L3 since we played them. Burton beat them 3-1 yesterday.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.