watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Derby really do us a favour?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, April 22, 2018, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Some fans are pretty certain, I'm sceptical, they've lost 4 of their last 5, including Sunderland and Burton.

Having a read up on their last game v Boro, fans were saying they were flat, had no spark up front, midfield was missing, and some very odd subs from Rowett.

Only saving grace, is that this really is the last chance for Derby to cement theirselves in the playoffs, so, I'm hoping they raise their game.

ffcthereligion

Agreed, I think automatic is a fantasy and Cardiff will have it wrapped up before we go to Birmingham. Just getting ready to lose to Brentford in the play offs! Hey, not like I can be disappointed being this pessimistic can I?!

SP

Their defence is awful so I wouldn't bank on it.

Benny

I can't see Derby getting a result to be honest, think they have already peaked this season and are on their way down.

Would love to be proven wrong of course.

St Eve

Woolly Mammoth

Derby County first and foremost will be trying to do themselves a favour, they have to. Otherwise a promising season is going to end in tears for them if they do not turn over warlocks outfit.
Let's not forget that Cardiff are not blowing teams away, far from it, they are just grinding out results which could come to a sudden halt v Derby County. As I feel Derby will give it their best shot as they have to, as well as the fact that in absence of any snow, there is no loved lost.
I just cannot see Warlock achieving a win at Derby.
So it's all still up for grabs until it's mathematically impossible.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

One Martin Thomas

I think Hull will be harder than Derby....

ffc73

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on April 22, 2018, 09:12:58 PM

I think so too but we need Derby to find something in themselves to rescue their season and keep our quest for 2nd as a possibility.  We just need them to avoid defeat.  Come on you Rams.

Then we are all Hull supporters.  Hull's last 2 games?  Cardiff (h) and Brentford (a).

One Martin Thomas

Derby are borderline pathetic and I have no idea why they loaned out Chris Martin again. Every year they seemed to forget the season carries on after Xmas.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on April 22, 2018, 09:12:58 PM

I think your right, maybe Derby will soften them up by getting any kind of result, and Hull will finish them off.
Two defeats for Warlock will have him raging at the fourth officials for 90 mins.

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

I'm not expecting a Derby win but can see a draw.
I think Hull will do a number on Cardiff and open the door for us.
Cardiff will destroy Reading.

We need six points from the next two games as "we're on our way".

SP

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on April 22, 2018, 09:20:06 PM
Derby are borderline pathetic and I have no idea why they loaned out Chris Martin again. Every year they seemed to forget the season carries on after Xmas.

Not sure if I dreamt it, but wasn't there a suggestion we were to sign Richard Keogh last year?  Just the thought of it...

choice_of_ends

Derby is bottling it like Leeds last year. I don't think, there're making the playoffs. If we are lucky, they draw against Cardiff.

ChesterTheTabby

After Norwich and Nottingham Forest giving up late goals and giving Cardiff points, I have no hope in anyone to do us a favor. I fear 3rd place and a rocky playoff picture.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

choice_of_ends

In worst case we'll lose everything: playoffs, our best players and the manager.
And you know: that's football!

Woolly Mammoth

Then we are demooD. 😡💀☠️👻🆘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Quote from: choice_of_ends on April 22, 2018, 09:49:48 PM
In worst case we'll lose everything: playoffs, our best players and the manager.
And you know: that's football!

If that is the case, we just sell Sess and TC and do a Wolves with the 70 mill we'd get.

I genuinely think, Sess, TC, Fredricks, StefJo and Slav would leave at a minimum if we don't go up.

Obviously the much more enjoyable route would be playing in the prem with them.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Andy S

If we get into the play offs we should be less nervous than the other teams as we know what to expect. The only other team that has experience of the play offs is Millwall. I would put money on us as long as we make it to Wembley as the bigger pitch will suit our game better that the rest of them. I am not holding my breath for the welsh lot

notonfire1226

i dont think so , with the luck cardiff are having all season i expect them to win 1-0 or score in the final second

colinwhite

Warnock has managed to get the Derby right up for that game . sweet justice if his mouth should cost them dearly.