watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Disgrace at the Cottage

Started by Andy S, April 28, 2018, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

On the Cardiff forum under the headline disgrace at the cottage, they are accusing the FA the refs and the media of bias in our favour. They say
1 Sunderland should have had a penalty when they were 1-0 up
2 Mitro was off side for his goal
3 Mitro should not have been playing as he should have been serving a ban following his elbowing incident.
Do they have a case?

cookieg

Whinging sheep shaggers  :005:

Steeeeeeeeeed

Warnock should have had some serious action for telling an opposing manager to F Off four or five times. Taking the game into disrepute.

RaySmith

They're having a laugh.

I don't think it was a clear pen , even seeing it in slow motion, and the ref is supposed to be 100% sure to give it.

Offside was marginal, if at all.

These decisions happen all the time in every game- happened to us yesterday- a number of free kicks given to Sunderland when it was obviously a case of the ref being conned, and has happened to us all through the season.

andyk

Maybe, but I watched their game against Forest and the ref let their players hold the Forest goalkeeper to the ground at every set piece. Their first goal was a corner with a Cardiff player literally grappling with the keeper leaving a free header for one of the giants, masquerading as footballers,  that play for them.We got a couple of decisions, but that happens.

RaySmith

Quote from: andyk on April 28, 2018, 08:36:39 AM
Maybe, but I watched their game against Forest and the ref let their players hold the Forest goalkeeper to the ground at every set piece. Their first goal was a corner with a Cardiff player literally grappling with the keeper leaving a free header for one of the giants, masquerading as footballers,  that play for them.We got a couple of decisions, but that happens.
0001.jpeg

grandad

With regard to the pen shout. Their player hung his leg out in an un-natural way to cause contact with Ream´s leg. This is why the ref waved the appeal away. Their player should have been carded for trying to gain an unfair advantage.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jamie88

I think you have to imagine being in their shoes - personally, if it were Cardiff playing last night I'd have been fuming at the fact that no penalty was given and that the goal was offside, albeit marginally

bobbo

We'd be doing the same , it looked a penalty to me and mitro offside. They have a case . But who cares about them.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jem

Quote from: Jamie88 on April 28, 2018, 08:41:49 AM
I think you have to imagine being in their shoes - personally, if it were Cardiff playing last night I'd have been fuming at the fact that no penalty was given and that the goal was offside, albeit marginally

That is exactly what I thought. it's hard not to be biased to your own team.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Nero

Cardiff can go play in the league of Wales if there that unhappy, there be a big club there

Cambridge Pete

I seem to recall many years ago an Interview with Brian Clough after his side had lost after being denied a clear penalty. The interviewer was hoping for an outbust. However all Clough said was something like. Young man last year we won a semi final after getting away with the ref not giving a clear penalty. I did not complain then so why should I now, it all evens out. Pure Class and I'm not sure last night was a clear penalty.

Andy S

The only thing that matters is we have the three points..

Holders

It's sour grapes because Sunderland player better than Cardiff did in the last several games - when they got the luck.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham76

Quote from: Andy S on April 28, 2018, 08:26:09 AM
On the Cardiff forum under the headline disgrace at the cottage, they are accusing the FA the refs and the media of bias in our favour. They say
1 Sunderland should have had a penalty when they were 1-0 up
2 Mitro was off side for his goal
3 Mitro should not have been playing as he should have been serving a ban following his elbowing incident.
Do they have a case?

It should have been a penalty, absolutely. It was about as clear as they come & I'd be annoyed if it was the other way round.

The off side was so close, it could have gone either way but personally think he was onside. I was trying to see where his feet were on the replay & they looked pretty much level with the defender, so onside I reckon.

As for Mitro not being sent off last week, he wouldn't have needed to retaliate had that ref done his job properly & sent off Cahill. Are the Cardiff fans also peed off that the ref missed the Cahill elbow or is it just decisions that went our way that upset them??

Dodger53

The player was dragging one leg through the challenges just waiting to go down, when he did the ref waved play on. No penalty - good decision. Too many penalties given for this type of cheating IMO.

JoelH5

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 28, 2018, 08:32:58 AM
Warnock should have had some serious action for telling an opposing manager to F Off four or five times. Taking the game into disrepute.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SP

Feels like clutching at straws to me, had the ref booked their players for kicking the ball away etc etc.  They should worry more about 3 loses in their last 5 games.

bill taylors apprentice

In my opinion its a disgrace that that Sunderland raised their game against us when they should have been more deferential to their footballing masters!

Having already been relegated they should have rolled over and made it easy for us!

My comment above is really just a load of b@ll@cks, as is the whining from Cardiff !

Lighthouse

I can understand the Cardiff fans being nervous and moaning about everything. But like their manager who always manages to play Cardiff down as being a small club punching above its weight. Which is nonsense. Seems to have rubbed off on them. The fact they are that ready to throw accusations about is only good for us. Think how far ahead they were and it's not as if they have been on a poor run. I guess it's natural to be scared.

But as their manager has pointed out. Their aim was always the play offs and he is successful regards to taking teams through that. We on the other hand look tired and are picking up injuries and have never won a play off match. Time for us all to be nervous.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope