more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Coleman has just been sacked

Started by fulhamben, April 29, 2018, 01:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Thinking the unthinkable

IF we don't go up and Joka leaves us would anyone take Coleman back ?

( before anyone piles in on on the wrong question I know none of us want Joka to leave )

HV71

Fernhurst

Quote from: Riverside on April 29, 2018, 10:02:14 PM
Thinking the unthinkable

( before anyone piles in on on the wrong question I know none of us want Joka to leave )

Blimey, didn't think anyone would be brave enough to suggest that.
A ready made "Fulham Pair" to take over from Jokanovic 10 minutes after the play off semis.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bill taylors apprentice

No.
We are currently playing at a level Coleman would never be able to achieve.
Even if we lost the guts of the team as well as the HC any new regime must continue in the same fashion, i.e. joyful football!

davew

For his personality and passion for our club I would welcome him back, why not!! The only problem is that he isn't quite good enough for us now!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

KingofCheese

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 29, 2018, 10:32:13 PM
Quote from: Riverside on April 29, 2018, 10:02:14 PM
Thinking the unthinkable

Blimey, didn't think anyone would be brave enough to suggest that.
A ready made "Fulham Pair" to take over from Jokanovic 10 minutes after the play off semis.

Got us to our highest place in our history once.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

HatterDon

I guess I'm the only one who remembers that he kept us in the Prem season after season with squads much weaker than that of the season we were relegated.

I don't want Joka to leave, mind you. I just think we're forgetting what Cookie did for us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on April 30, 2018, 03:08:24 AM
I guess I'm the only one who remembers that he kept us in the Prem season after season with squads much weaker than that of the season we were relegated.

I don't want Joka to leave, mind you. I just think we're forgetting what Cookie did for us.
I guess you are wrong, just because people have expressed an opinion that he would not be right for us now, does not mean they don't appreciate what he did for the club in the past.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KJS

Cookie is an average Manager at club level so not surprised to see him sacked.

Also I was please that he didn't get an over the top welcome by our fans on Friday

RaySmith

He deserved a warm welcome, as a great ex-player, and manager who achieved  one of our highest Prem positions, but he was the manager of a team we urgently  needed to beat, and  I think fans were focussed on that, but he was applauded wasn't he?

KJS

Quote from: RaySmith on April 30, 2018, 07:24:00 AM
He deserved a warm welcome, as a great ex-player, and manager who achieved  one of our highest Prem positions, but he was the manager of a team we urgently  needed to beat, and  I think fans were focussed on that, but he was applauded wasn't he?

Not by me personally as I was to focused on the team, but I think warm welcomes should only be given when they return as a guest of the club like Danny Murphy received on Friday night.

Southcoastffc

I know it's only one person but I nearly spilled my early morning cuppa when a W Ham fan on the radio today suggested that Moyes should be replaced by Cookie!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

Quote from: RaySmith on April 30, 2018, 07:24:00 AM
he was applauded and I kept an eye on him walking over to the Riverside stand, taking his place on touchline and I'm ready to be wrong, but I dont think he acknowledged us once. I dont recall an ex player or manager who is treated like that never raising a hand or anything.
Very disappointing  in truth.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

I checked today. As a manager he has lost 40% of his games. Roy for example has lost 30%, Warnock 32%, Megson 38% and Pulis 34%.

I used those managers as they have long track records and are on and off the managerial merry-go-round a lot.

I reckon he has one more major chance at a 'biggish' club.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MJG on April 30, 2018, 10:36:24 AM
I checked today. As a manager he has lost 40% of his games. Roy for example has lost 30%, Warnock 32%, Megson 38% and Pulis 34%.

I used those managers as they have long track records and are on and off the managerial merry-go-round a lot.

So in this market, realistically another year as a 'top drawer' manager before he either has to go abroad or will vanish.

MJG

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on April 30, 2018, 10:38:17 AM

So in this market, realistically another year as a 'top drawer' manager before he either has to go abroad or will vanish.
I reckon so. Don't see him as someone who would keep going to L2/1 type teams. Maybe end up on sky or somewhere.
he says himself hes a manager and not a coach, lower down I think you have to be more hands on as you get less staff.
If he somehow gets say Ipswich, he has to do well.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MJG on April 30, 2018, 10:41:47 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on April 30, 2018, 10:38:17 AM

I reckon so. Don't see him as someone who would keep going to L2/1 type teams. Maybe end up on sky or somewhere.
he says himself hes a manager and not a coach, lower down I think you have to be more hands on as you get less staff.
If he somehow gets say Ipswich, he has to do well.

And unfortunately his last few club tenures will suggest he isn't up to it...

I watched him on the Oxford Students union a few months ago and I was very underwhelmed by how he came across unfortunately. Very simplistic view to management and couldnt engage with the students.

HV71

Quote from: alfie on April 30, 2018, 05:51:55 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 30, 2018, 03:08:24 AM

I guess you are wrong, just because people have expressed an opinion that he would not be right for us now, does not mean they don't appreciate what he did for the club in the past.

Spot on Alfie- he did a great job for us - but that was then and is now history. He has moved on but so have we . Only he knows why he took the Sunderland job but that judgement looked flawed at the time and has proved to be so. We have moved on to better things and whatever happens in the future we should try and build on it - andI just can't see him delivering on that.

Syd Cupp

I feel that Cookie isn't a top manager at Wales he had the pick of the best Welsh players which is different than inheriting a squad.

Another factor though is I feel looking at his past Club teams he seems to either be very badly advised or unlucky in choices.....

Real Sociedad
With the club in 5th place and having only lost once in its previous eleven games, Coleman resigned as manager on 16 January 2008, citing a divergence in vision for the club with newly elected President Iñaki Badiola.

Coventry City
Coleman was appointed manager of Championship club Coventry City on 19 February 2008.
On 4 May 2010, Coleman was sacked following Coventry's 19th-place finish during the 2009–10 season, their lowest league finish in more than 45 years.
2007 – Coventry narrowly avoided administration when Ray Ranson and London-based hedge fund SISU Capital Limited, took over the club with twenty minutes to spare.

AEL (Larrisa)
On 26 May 2011, Coleman was appointed as manager of Greek side AEL (Larissa)
In January 2012, Coleman announced that because of financial troubles at the club he would be quitting from his position as manager.
Financial problems that piled, appeared again and eventually led the coach and many of the players to the exit.
Rupture between the owner and the organized fans substantially undermined the future of the team. Piladakis resigned and the club without any administration and financial support, deliberately relegated in the 3rd Division.

Then Sunderland problems.

hovewhite

I've never  been convinced a coach is a manager,Sexton,Allison great coaches.
Clough(Brian),shankly,Fergie great motivators.
Players comments at time of cookies time at Fulham great motivators,slav ,think he can just look at players with that Serbian stare and your motivated.