watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Coleman has just been sacked

Started by fulhamben, April 29, 2018, 01:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

KingofCheese

Not surprised but it wasn't all his fault..that team are in freefall and have been for a long time..they just bob up every now and again but the general trait is down down down...
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Neil D

Should have stayed with Wales where he was appreciated.  Victim of his own hubris.

Milo

Coleman was a shrewd man. He didn't get results on the pitch.. and let's face it he's had since November. So he played the media to his advantage and dropped the owner in it. Played the self-deprecating, hard done by manager who had been left out to dry by the owner.

He knew fans would respond to that and they did. There'll be uproar about this I'm sure but it's the only decision to make in reality if the owner stays put. Can't have the manager undermining him in public every week. Result? Colemans got out of that nightmare without any bad PR. You think Cardiff got a good result this week... Coleman tops it.

filham

The people that sacked him couldn't have taken account of the way his team performed at the Cottage on Friday night.

Interesting to see who is to replace him or even who is prepared to take the job on.

Twig

All their owner does is put in the bare minimum cash to stave off falling into administration.  What was Cookie supposed to do? He couldn't improve the squad no money for transfers or wages.  He has improved their playing style over the past 6 months but he was lumbered with a squad of limited ability and an £11m+ want away "star". Divisive for the dressing room and hopeless on the pitch.
His big mistake was having the ego to think he could turn things around. Now he is well out of it and has hopefully learned a lesson.

Robbie

Pretty obvious that Ellis Short wants to zero base this club. Get rid of any high cost players, managers and start again.
Frankly that is what Wolves did  ..... might work.

bobby01

It's not all about money, I don't like them but Neil Harris has done an unbelievable job at Millwall.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Lighthouse

The owner has announced he is going to sell the club.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tabby

Quote from: Robbie on April 29, 2018, 01:29:51 PM
Pretty obvious that Ellis Short wants to zero base this club. Get rid of any high cost players, managers and start again.
Frankly that is what Wolves did  ..... might work.

At this point they kind of have to. Not too many of their decent players will be too keen on playing in League 1, and they'll be on huge contracts for the league.

I don't see them falling through League 1 either, dross like Rotherham are doing well there. The disaster that is Blackpool is middling there.

Holders

He'll be well out of that but it will have damaged his CV. Nevertheless, the payoff will be some compensation.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Milo

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 29, 2018, 01:35:10 PM

This is interesting.

Must have taken advice that Coleman would detract from the clubs sale price rather than add to it

Tabby

They're being sold to the guy that is currently running Eastleigh apparently. Seems to have been doing okay for them and Oxford, so it could bode well for Sunderland.

ffcne

Under achieved in my opinion
Compared to Clough,Monk ,etc.
Has had a long time to make them safe.
They went 4th bottom when they beat us 
Talks a good tune but that's it for me   

Twig

Quote from: Milo on April 29, 2018, 01:41:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 29, 2018, 01:35:10 PM

This is interesting.

Must have taken advice that Coleman would detract from the clubs sale price rather than add to it

Nonsense. The buyer was already found and confirmed.  However it may be that Stewart Donald made it known that he wanted his own choice of manager in charge and stipulated that Ellis Short should terminate the contract to leave Donald free to install a new man.

Burt

Reading the message boards most supporters seem gutted by the decision to fire him. The consensus seems to be he has always had one hand tied behind his back and has been shabbily treated.

Tabby

Quote from: Burt on April 29, 2018, 04:48:54 PM
Reading the message boards most supporters seem gutted by the decision to fire him. The consensus seems to be he has always had one hand tied behind his back and has been shabbily treated.

The other consensus I found looking through their threads was that he is good at PR but a rubbish coach.

The main point for him seems to be that he acted like he was arsed, as opposed to Moyes. That is a pretty low bar.

terryr

Let's face it
Coleman had NO intention of being a manager in Division  1
He has been agitating to be sacked and paid off.
He came
He failed
He's been laying the ground work to getting sacked.
He WANTED to get sacked.

ron

A bit sad if he's happy to join the group of old has-beens who do the rounds of regular manager-sacking clubs, just aiming to get fired and paid off.

HV71

Great front man and leader- don't think he is a great coach though.