watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli booking.

Started by The Swan, April 29, 2018, 09:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

How stupid was Bettinelli to get booked for time wasting. The ref had booked the Sunderland keeper a few minutes before.
Will Bettinelli be suspended for the next game.
The Swan

cmg

No. The threshold is 15 at this time of the season.

Southcoastffc

He's picked up 5 yellows this season - I imagine that they've all been for time wasting.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

HV71

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 29, 2018, 10:36:54 PM
He's picked up 5 yellows this season - I imagine that they've all been for time

I am sure they are. It's a habit that I really do dislike - I also think that it is counter productive as I think it is so obvious (and therefore stupid) and refs just add more time on.

Facts Not Fiction

It's what you have to do. We timewaste as much as often, as nearly every team did to us last season.

Woolly Mammoth

Time wasting, is a complete waste of time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Especially as we are a counter-attacking team.
Get the ball forward asap as long as it's not always 'hoof ball"

Instructions I reckon, so we can't complain.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hovewhite

Team man and follows orders I guess.

Twig

Instead of creating a thread having a pop at Marcus how about praising him?  He is another home grown talent, "one of our own" like RS.  He has had a big impact on us since he took over from Button and has a lot of clean sheets to his name. 
To even ask whether he is likely to get a suspension is wildly off the mark.

RaySmith

I suppose it breaks the opposition's momentum up, even if it does result in the time being added on - and getting bookings.
Betts is probably obeying instructions, as said.

Agree with Twig - Betts has  had a great season since coming in, and has been very important in keeping our run going, and being where we are.

twang

Quote from: Twig on April 30, 2018, 10:26:25 AM
Instead of creating a thread having a pop at Marcus how about praising him?  He is another home grown talent, "one of our own" like SS.  He has had a big impact on us since he took over from Button and has a lot of clean sheets to his name. 
To even ask whether he is likely to get a suspension is wildly off the mark.

+1

toshes mate

I actually feel for goalkeepers and the widely varied referee interpretations there are for time wasting.  It isn't as if the worse offenders always get booked.  I actually think referees should just point to their watches and play an extra fifteen minutes or whatever if they deem that is necessary.  Offenders, serial or otherwise, would soon get the message. 

FFCAli

Unusual for BOTH goalkeepers to be booked for time-wasting.

Milo

Betts gets booked every game for time wasting. I'd be confused and feel empty inside if he didn't to be honest.