more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referee For Sunday ???

Started by ffcne, May 01, 2018, 03:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcne

Allestree andy

Didnt he referee our home game against reading, where he missed the handball that lead to thier goal, if so i am not filled with confidence about him :022: :022: :022: :022: :022: :022: :022:
To the limit and beyond

ffcne

Atwell is from Nuneaton 25 miles from Birmingham.
Just hope he's a Villa or Cov fan.

ffcne

Quote from: Allestree andy on May 01, 2018, 04:31:47 PM
Didnt he referee our home game against reading, where he missed the handball that lead to thier goal, if so i am not filled with confidence about him :022: :022: :022: :022: :022: :022: :022:
Thats the one absolute rubbish .Let Reading do what they wanted .
Cynical fouls ,wasting time  etc.

grandad

I hope that when SJ goes into the refs changing room pre match he will remind him what a cock up his decision was.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cottage expat

Quote from: grandad on May 01, 2018, 05:02:38 PM
I hope that when SJ goes into the refs changing room pre match he will remind him what a cock up his decision was.

Better SJ stays quiet. Don't want Atwell ill disposed towards us in this of all games.

JakeFFC

You would hope, knowing how much is riding on both games. The EFL would send down 2 of their best refs, one for us and one for Cardiff to ensure that no mistakes like the reading playoff last year effect the outcomes of these matches. A questionable last minute penalty resulting in a change in places in the league would cause outrage.

That said if its too us then I wont complain too much as long as we place it in the back of the net.  :wine:

Milo

Quote from: JakeFFC on May 01, 2018, 05:08:49 PM
You would hope, knowing how much is riding on both games. The EFL would send down 2 of their best refs, one for us and one for Cardiff to ensure that no mistakes like the reading playoff last year effect the outcomes of these matches. A questionable last minute penalty resulting in a change in places in the league would cause outrage.

That said if its too us then I wont complain too much as long as we place it in the back of the net.  :wine:

Who would take? Mitro?

Arthur

Quote from: JakeFFC on May 01, 2018, 05:08:49 PM
A questionable last minute penalty resulting in a change in places in the league would cause outrage.

Whoever referees Cardiff's game, he will have been reminded (by his superiors) that, if he is makes a game-changing call that goes against Cardiff, he must be certain - beyond any doubt - that it is correct. It will have been made absolutely clear to him that the EFL do not want the controversy of the second-placed team missing out on the P.L. owing to an incorrect refereeing decision.

For this reason - other than in the most incontrovertible of circumstances - neither of the following will happen while the outcome is in the balance:

• Reading are awarded a penalty
  • Cardiff have a man sent off

It isn't corruption; it's simply a recognition that, if there is one weekend and one game, above all others, when neither the EFL or the Referees' Governing Body do not want a referee to grab the headlines - this is it.

Warnock will know this. I wouldn't be surprised to see his players make the most of this 'loophole'.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Pierluigi Collina

or

Roger Kirkpatrick (Little bald geezer who used to sprint up and down after he'd made a decision 1966–1979)
if anyone remembers him, fantastic character.
Saw him a few times at Brentford
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

Twig

Let's not get our ref blaming excuses in even before we kick off.  Don't worry we will be promoted whichever refs are in charge! Believe.

bill taylors apprentice

Atwell has a history of making wrong game changing decisions, including giving a goal when the ball actually went out for a corner in the Championship some years ago!

bucksfulham

Here's the goal he gave to Reading 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YiuSbBdaQ

love4ffc

won't matter who the ref is if we get ahead of the curve and do the business at hand. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MikeW

It's a Sunday League game so a good chance a spectator will do it.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."