watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Caairneys goal yesterday

Started by The Swan, May 07, 2018, 07:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When he scored in the 86th minute of the game he turned to the fans to gee them up. If it took him 86 minutes to score I am sure that the fans were unhappy with his gesture .
The Swan

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I got the impression that it was to the players to get back to the centre circle to get on with the game.

Facts Not Fiction

I'm just unhappy with Cairney. Gives a ridiculous article saying the best players will leave if we don't go up, then puts in a performance like that. If he doesn't turn up again, I question his bottle as a player. Much like the playoffs last season.

filham

Cairney did not have the best of games yesterday, he left his shooting boots in the dressing room, not that worried about the right one but it essential he remembers the left one.

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on May 07, 2018, 08:42:05 PM
I'm just unhappy with Cairney. Gives a ridiculous article saying the best players will leave if we don't go up, then puts in a performance like that. If he doesn't turn up again, I question his bottle as a player. Much like the playoffs last season.

You question his bottle after one relatively poor performance. Seriously?

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Twig on May 07, 2018, 09:45:49 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on May 07, 2018, 08:42:05 PM

Cast your mind back to his performance in the playoffs last season, when it really mattered. 

You question his bottle after one relatively poor performance. Seriously?

Burt

Everyone has a bad day at the office from time to time.

Let's not forget how he has performed for most of the season. And that goes for the rest of the team. Now is not the time to question their commitment. It's not as if we haven't won in 23 games.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: The Swan on May 07, 2018, 07:59:43 PM
When he scored in the 86th minute of the game he turned to the fans to gee them up. If it took him 86 minutes to score I am sure that the fans were unhappy with his gesture .

This fan wasn't. Strange thing to say.

Milo

I understand the argument of Cairney not doing it in the big games. There have been a few examples of which this was one. However I also cast everyone's minds back to Leeds away last season, and Millwall 2nd half this season that he orchestrated.

I think QPR and Birmingham close marked him and this really seems to affect him and keep him quiet. Millwall were giving him too much space ... even in the first half... and he thrives on space.

I think you're misdirecting your frustrations at Cairney because of his pre match comments. I agree that even with some selective reporting the words he used were un-necessary at this stage of the season and a more intelligent response would've been "we are focusing on the season. It's flattering to be linked with these big clubs however". When in fact we should be discussing tactics for SJ to deploy when teams man mark TC in the playoffs.

I remember the last Derby game we played and Huddlestone did exactly that. Man marked TC out of the game. We almost need to appreciate that Cairney will be quiet as a result but tactically overcome this with the use of our other creative players.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Milo on May 07, 2018, 10:44:00 PM
I understand the argument of Cairney not doing it in the big games. There have been a few examples of which this was one. However I also cast everyone's minds back to Leeds away last season, and Millwall 2nd half this season that he orchestrated.

I think QPR and Birmingham close marked him and this really seems to affect him and keep him quiet. Millwall were giving him too much space ... even in the first half... and he thrives on space.

I think you're misdirecting your frustrations at Cairney because of his pre match comments. I agree that even with some selective reporting the words he used were un-necessary at this stage of the season and a more intelligent response would've been "we are focusing on the season. It's flattering to be linked with these big clubs however". When in fact we should be discussing tactics for SJ to deploy when teams man mark TC in the playoffs.

I remember the last Derby game we played and Huddlestone did exactly that. Man marked TC out of the game. We almost need to appreciate that Cairney will be quiet as a result but tactically overcome this with the use of our other creative players.
Spot on.  The team might have had a poor game by their lofty standards, but the doubting fans need to get a sense of perspective.  After all the improbable joy the Fulham players have given us since November, surely support is what is now needed, not endless whingeing, belly-aching and whining.

Nopgood "living vicariously, show some strength of mind, isit" Boyo

Twig

Can I suggest a different and less emotive reason why neither Cairney nor Johansen shone?  Neither Fred nor Target were fully fit and well. Both seemed to be carrying knocks and Target was vomiting.  We rely on our wide play but neither was bombing forward or taking on their man, both tended to knock it sideways when in receipt of the ball.  This meant we failed to get behind their back 4/5 and were narrow and resorted to trying to play through a crowded midfield with little success. We just ended up playing across the front of their banks of 4 and 5. 
Cairney and Johansen need an option out wide so they can spread play. They didn't have this.  I am not making excuses and agree that they weren't at their best but rather than accusing players of lack of bottle or motivation let's try to be rational and analyse what was going on.