https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: hovewhite on July 17, 2018, 07:55:38 PM
Booooring

+1, probably needs a new squad strength topic. I keep checking in to see the latest transfer gossip & snippets & its post after post of squad size

Skatzoffc

Quote from: General on July 17, 2018, 01:02:14 PM
Quote from: MrFFC on July 17, 2018, 10:16:38 AM
Malcolm won't be joining Fulham that's not realistic after heavy investment in Seri. They want 45m for him would much rather see that spent on Mitrovic , Cavaleiro & Musacchio for example

I think we are all in unchartered territory re this summer and khan's ambitions. He very may well realise this is the perfect time for heavy investment and to show the club is ambitious. Bringing in players like Seri too is a calling card to better players as an indication of what we're trying to build but also a standard.

Berba cam wanting to play with moussa Dembele. . Others came to play with Berba... others will come to play for Seri and other top players we buy. Better players, more wins, more revenue, higher league position, more televised games, more merchandise sold etc etc..

Good points General.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 17, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2018, 12:32:35 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 17, 2018, 12:10:42 PM
Perhaps, but we are running out of time and have more or less reached the point where getting someone who has played here successfully before and knows our style will be a wiser choice than a better player who hasn't.

Sadly I don't think we will get Targett. We can't afford to wait for Southampton to make up their mind and gamble on a last minute loan.

As ridiculous as it sounds I personally think we need to see a new player every 3 days from now until deadline day to have a competetive squad. And that's the absolute minumum IMO.  :022:

Indeed

3 weeks left of the window and we need 10 players IMO

One every other day

Also reckon we need 2/3 more Seri level signings. One of them per week.

How have you arrived at 10 players? We don't need to sign basically a whole team's worth of players when we've already got probably 5 or 6 of our main Starting XI for next season and decent depth in some areas already. I'd be happy with 6. A Keeper (Fabri), a RCB (Musacchio), a LB (Augustinsson, Bryan, Targett), a back-up DM (M'Vila), a Right-Winger (Cavaleiro, Malcom etc.) and a Striker (Mitrovic). 

Agreed.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Milo

I think we need 3 players minimum: ST, LB, CB.

Then ideally we need 2-3 more to challenge the first team otherwise with 1-2 injuries we are fighting a relegation battle.

filham

Quote from: Milo on July 17, 2018, 08:23:56 PM

Then ideally we need 2-3 more to challenge the first team otherwise with 1-2 injuries we are fighting a relegation battle.
With Button gone it becomes essential that we now sign a keeper. A lot has to happen in the next two or three weeks.

David I

It is frustrating, to say the least, that the club have left signings late - for whatever reason. There is a risk that for the sake of a few dollars more initially the club could end up spending more ££ last minute on lesser quality players just to make the squad up..

We lost Kalas, Ojo, Norwood, Mitrovic, Piazon and Fredericks from a 3rd placed Championship side.
The gulf between the Championship and the Premiership is vast so just bringing in 2 players of Marchand and Seri quality will not cut it. Only have to cast your mind back to the cup v Totenham for proof of that.
The playing youngsters tactic didn't work that well last time the club tried.....

Expecting the Mitrovic deal to go ahead.. However, if it doesn't go through, we may see a lot more of Fonte.

Let's hope we get a few quality signings over the line soon.... But it's no wonder the bookies have Fulham at 13/8 favourites to be relegated. Let that sink in....

Love Fulham, Hate transfer windows!!

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Milo on July 17, 2018, 08:23:56 PM

Fulham will always be fighting relegation. And that's kind of awesome.

Milo

Quote from: David I on July 17, 2018, 08:51:08 PM
It is frustrating, to say the least, that the club have left signings late - for whatever reason. There is a risk that for the sake of a few dollars more initially the club could end up spending more ££ last minute on lesser quality players just to make the squad up..

We lost Kalas, Ojo, Norwood, Mitrovic, Piazon and Fredericks from a 3rd placed Championship side.
The gulf between the Championship and the Premiership is vast so just bringing in 2 players of Marchand and Seri quality will not cut it. Only have to cast your mind back to the cup v Totenham for proof of that.
The playing youngsters tactic didn't work that well last time the club tried.....

Expecting the Mitrovic deal to go ahead.. However, if it doesn't go through, we may see a lot more of Fonte.

Let's hope we get a few quality signings over the line soon.... But it's no wonder the bookies have Fulham at 13/8 favourites to be relegated. Let that sink in....

Love Fulham, Hate transfer windows!!

Ha ha trying to remember which advert that quote is from..

Milo

Ps Having seen Rodak play at the Shrews this year I think he's a competent 3rd choice! But agree we need another keeper for no. 2.

I do think Betts will play for England at one point in 2-3 years because his competition is in a similar mould. Just simply being in the Prem and being in the public eye will ensure that.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2018, 09:07:12 PM

And Targett.
And Button.

We were arguably worse with Button in the team so that doesn't really make much difference. I reckon Rodak is better suited to us than Button is

FulhamStu

Quote from: Milo on July 17, 2018, 08:55:40 PM
Ps Having seen Rodak play at the Shrews this year I think he's a competent 3rd choice! But agree we need another keeper for no. 2.

I do think Betts will play for England at one point in 2-3 years because his competition is in a similar mound. Just simply being in the Prem and being in the public eye will ensure that.

Where do you live, I go to see the Shrews quite often, I live near Bishops Castle.

Milo

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 17, 2018, 09:45:36 PM
Quote from: Milo on July 17, 2018, 08:55:40 PM

I do think Betts will play for England at one point in 2-3 years because his competition is in a similar mound. Just simply being in the Prem and being in the public eye will ensure that.

Where do you live, I go to see the Shrews quite often, I live near Bishops Castle.

Hey FulhamStu, have drunk many a pint of Three Tuns stout in my time at BC! Very jealous!

My father lives in Shrewsbury itself near the Mount.

fulhamben

According to sky sources, malcom is in advanced talks with Everton.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Hoppus

Quote from: fulhamben on July 17, 2018, 10:23:18 PM

£30 mill deal, and Fulham had a £40 mill bid? 🙈

General

Quote from: Hoppus on July 17, 2018, 10:34:50 PM

sky sports lyall said we didn't make a bid and weren't interested

Fulham Tup North

But it's no wonder the bookies have Fulham at 13/8 favourites to be relegated. Let that sink in....
That's odd as SKYBET have us as FORTH favorites to go down??
Premier League Relegation 18/19
Bets placed in accordance with our Market Rules
Cardiff
4/6
Huddersfield
6/5
Watford
7/4
Fulham
15/8

But I agree about the need for better quality players, but don't sell the Squad short.  From January onwards (when we had the bulk of our Wembley team actually playing) we were the best form team in the Championship.   049:gif
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 17, 2018, 10:56:58 PM
But it's no wonder the bookies have Fulham at 13/8 favourites to be relegated. Let that sink in....
Cardiff
4/6
Huddersfield
6/5
Watford
7/4
Fulham
15/8

But I agree about the need for better quality players, but don't sell the Squad short.  From January onwards (when we had the bulk of our Wembley team actually playing) we were the best form team in the Championship.   049:gif
COYW
yes and we don't have 30% of that first 11 now. Until we get some decent recruits, we are what we are, a weaker team than the one that went up through the play offs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

DevonFFC

Quote from: General on July 17, 2018, 10:48:09 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on July 17, 2018, 10:34:50 PM

sky sports lyall said we didn't make a bid and weren't interested

Strange as sky bet don't any odds for Malcom joining Everton, you think they would update accordingly

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2018, 11:16:36 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 17, 2018, 11:06:59 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 17, 2018, 10:56:58 PM
Cardiff
4/6
Huddersfield
6/5
Watford
7/4
Fulham
15/8

COYW
yes and we don't have 30% of that first 11 now. Until we get some decent recruits, we are what we are, a weaker team than the one that went up through the play offs

We're 3rd favourites to go down with William Hill.

The worrying thing about all that is, those aren't price based on the bookies'/punters' opinion on our current squad (or should i say half a squad) ... that's bookies/punters considering our current squad AND the players they think we'll buy, and still thinking we'll go down. Even with the Seri signing.

But they don't know who we'll buy though do they?  Every year the promoted sides are odds on to go down because it's a logical bet to make. If we signed Messi tomorrow then obviously the odds will lengthen. There's no point making an informed bet until the day after the transfer window closes because the squads are finalised until at least January.