watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Unfortunately, Hughes going to Southampton couldn't have happened at a worse time for us, regarding Targett.

Bertrand had made up his mind to leave and he has to look at Targett as the replacement if he goes. Especially as he played well for us last season.

To let Targett go now and potentially lose Bertrand as well, would be a monumentally stupid mistake by Hughes and I don't believe he is that stupid.

Hopefully Le Marchand can do a job at left back or, if he is as cover, we are looking at someone else as well for the LB position.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

FFC1987

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 17, 2018, 12:52:21 PM
Unfortunately, Hughes going to Southampton couldn't have happened at a worse time for us, regarding Targett.

Bertrand had made up his mind to leave and he has to look at Targett as the replacement if he goes. Especially as he played well for us last season.

To let Targett go now and potentially lose Bertrand as well, would be a monumentally stupid mistake by Hughes and I don't believe he is that stupid.

Hopefully Le Marchand can do a job at left back or, if he is as cover, we are looking at someone else as well for the LB position.

COYW!

yeh, the delay makes perfect sense. feel bad for the lad though as its been suggested that hes not being looked at as a first teamer, more of a squad player and could even go back out on loan but not to EPL.

General

Quote from: MrFFC on July 17, 2018, 10:16:38 AM
Malcolm won't be joining Fulham that's not realistic after heavy investment in Seri. They want 45m for him would much rather see that spent on Mitrovic , Cavaleiro & Musacchio for example

I think we are all in unchartered territory re this summer and khan's ambitions. He very may well realise this is the perfect time for heavy investment and to show the club is ambitious. Bringing in players like Seri too is a calling card to better players as an indication of what we're trying to build but also a standard.

Berba cam wanting to play with moussa Dembele. . Others came to play with Berba... others will come to play for Seri and other top players we buy. Better players, more wins, more revenue, higher league position, more televised games, more merchandise sold etc etc..

Bracken White

Jose Fonte too old to be of consideration, I'd suggest. As far as the 'keeper Roberto is concerned - no issues with buying him but most certainly without any assurances that he'd be 1st choice. Quite happy as back-up to Bettinelli & good business, in my book, the Button sale. Would still like us to bolster our squad with a few of last season's loanees, in all honesty, but Mitrovic a must!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

b+w geezer

Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2018, 12:32:35 PM
3 weeks left of the window and we need 10 players IMO
One every other day
Also reckon we need 2/3 more Seri level signings. One of them per week.
Approximately, yes, just unlikely to be spread out in that way, as you doubtless realise.

Much better to have everyone integrated by the time of the Palace match, but if that's not the case, they will still be so by the time the window would formerly have closed. Another change is that we started last season aiming for the top two, making a rapid start more urgent than it is now.

In my case (which sounds like it may resemble yours) I'm thinking of Mitro plus another high-ticket(ish) forward and CB, as well as half a dozen or so squad fillers, some of whom could be re-signings.  Will be shame if they mostly arrive in a rush at the end, but main thing is that they do arrive and are suitable.

Andy S

We need ten players? You are joking!! we need a few yes but nowhere near ten. What do you think ten players would say to the rest of the players not forgetting the academy. We need the right players and that takes time.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on July 17, 2018, 01:27:21 PM
We need ten players? You are joking!! we need a few yes but nowhere near ten. What do you think ten players would say to the rest of the players not forgetting the academy. We need the right players and that takes time.

If you think about it Andy, ten players is not that wide of the mark, although I would lean towards 8 minimum, otherwise that home Dressing room is going to feel very empty.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 17, 2018, 12:10:42 PM
Perhaps, but we are running out of time and have more or less reached the point where getting someone who has played here successfully before and knows our style will be a wiser choice than a better player who hasn't.

Sadly I don't think we will get Targett. We can't afford to wait for Southampton to make up their mind and gamble on a last minute loan.

As ridiculous as it sounds I personally think we need to see a new player every 3 days from now until deadline day to have a competetive squad. And that's the absolute minumum IMO.  :022:

Indeed

One every other day

How have you arrived at 10 players? We don't need to sign basically a whole team's worth of players when we've already got probably 5 or 6 of our main Starting XI for next season and decent depth in some areas already. I'd be happy with 6. A Keeper (Fabri), a RCB (Musacchio), a LB (Augustinsson, Bryan, Targett), a back-up DM (M'Vila), a Right-Winger (Cavaleiro, Malcom etc.) and a Striker (Mitrovic). 

itombomb

Ignoring a desire to upgrade the team we need to replace all our loanees from last year - Mitro, Targett, Norwood, Ojo, Kalas and Piazon.

We've lost a starter and a squad player in Fred and Button. That leaves 8 signings needed minimum without any upgrades. We've made 2 so far.

Ideally we'd make 7 or 8 now and not have to panic for additional depth in January.

On the topic of Malcolm and other £30-40mil players, it is a lot, but the market has basically trebelled in the last 3 years. Mane went to Soton for £12m, then to Liverpool for £34mil and would be £60-70 now. If you have the financial capacity to buy a 'sure thing' you'd be stupid not to. Now Malcolm might not be that player, but there will be players in that bracket.

Also, Mitro for £20mil is a bargain in this market. Slimani was £28mil to Leicester at 28!

Woolly Mammoth

Please remember, we are in the Premier League now, and it's moved on since we were last there. We are in with the big boys.
I do not wish to see Fulham as cannon fodder each week, and proceed to undo all the good that Slavisa achieved through hard work last season.
We have to think big, just to survive, and then build on what we have.
To accumulate, we have to speculate.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 17, 2018, 12:10:42 PM
Perhaps, but we are running out of time and have more or less reached the point where getting someone who has played here successfully before and knows our style will be a wiser choice than a better player who hasn't.

Sadly I don't think we will get Targett. We can't afford to wait for Southampton to make up their mind and gamble on a last minute loan.

As ridiculous as it sounds I personally think we need to see a new player every 3 days from now until deadline day to have a competetive squad. And that's the absolute minumum IMO.  :022:

Indeed

One every other day

10 players !! 10 quality premiership players !! Statto  .. you are having a giraffe.

LVBPTS

things might start to push through now.....

BREAKING NEWS

Newcastle have spoken to West Brom over the potential signing of Solomon Rondon. We understand the striker has a £16m release clause in his WBA contract.

However Newcastle are unlikely to meet that clause until they sell Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Fulham want to buy the Serb on a permanent basis following an impressive loan spell last season, but would need to pay in the region of £18m.
Supporter since 2000

FulhamStu

Another 6 players 2 of whom could be loans plus 3 or 4 from the academy makes a sensible sized squad.  As said above, what most important is those bought in are going to help the team.  We don't need players like Mollo, Soares, Cisse or Graham that were deemed unsuitable or not good enough.

Bracken White

£18M in this market is very good business ... surely we're doing it!

Bracken White

Would add that, with Jovanovic at the helm now, we'll only bring in players he wants/rates. So the old flawed 'moneyball' days are well & truly over!

DevonFFC

#NUFC boss Rafa Benitez has admitted he will have to "wheel and deal" in remainder of window.

Put offer on the table, take it or leave and walk away, cannot afford to dick around and leave ourselves in a weak position

Holders

Quote from: ollienixs on July 17, 2018, 02:25:01 PM
#NUFC boss Rafa Benitez has admitted he will have to "wheel and deal" in remainder of window.

Put offer on the table, take it or leave and walk away, cannot afford to dick around and leave ourselves in a weak position

Sounds familiar!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Riversider on July 17, 2018, 11:10:26 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 17, 2018, 10:56:43 AM
Been speaking to some Saints STH'ers and I think our pursuit of Targett comes down to the Bertrand situation. Seems like he wants to leave and Southampton are up in the air with whether they'd want Targett as a replacement, or to retain him and loan him out again in the hope he further matures into an international standard LB like what they've been used to. Could be one that goes right on into the window. Also suggestions that like Newcastle and Mitro, selling to us would strengthen us and its not what a struggling EPL team would want to do. More I look into it, the more I think its unlikely to happen sadly...

I may be alone in thinking this but I think and hope that we can do a lot better than Targett now were in The Premier League

You are not alone. While I would not be upset if Targett joins, I do think the club should be aiming for higher rated LB's and use Targett as a fall back plan. 

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Bracken White on July 17, 2018, 02:24:46 PM
Would add that, with Jovanovic at the helm now, we'll only bring in players he wants/rates. So the old flawed 'moneyball' days are well & truly over!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't actually the case, is it? I was under the impression that it was only Kline leaving and the stats based approach continuing like before but with other people in charge? After all, Khan Jr owns the stats company, doesn't he???

MrFFC

We may need 10 players but we won't sign 10 players I personally think we will see another 6/7 in next few weeks with likes of Steven Sessegnon & Matt O'Riley also coming in to the squad
Come on you Whites!! :)