watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Not been linked with him, but I was talking to a Chelsea supporting friend earlier and it got me thinking. Malcom 99% won't happen, and we need to sign a RW. We could do a lot worse than try and sign Andre Schurrle. Dortmund don't really fancy him/he hasn't really performed for them, he's proven in the Prem (unfortunately as we found out in our relegation season), he's still "only" 27 so he's a good age as well with potential re-sale value if we get him back on form as well. Plus he'd be a reasonable fee because of said Dortmund not fancying him/him not performing.

Ordar

We've totally dropped out of the running, odds wise, for Malcom

AllyWhite

Quote from: Ordar on July 17, 2018, 07:02:10 AM

The story first broke on The Sun, what do you expect?  :dft011:

aFFCn_Fan

We've made a statement of intent with Seri, so my uninformed, and completely made up guess is that we're now putting ourselves forward by expressing an interest to the agents or the media that we're after another top, top level player, but not really with the intention of getting him. Rather we're using it as bait to see what else agents bring to us at a slightly less high-money/top quality level, as in, we've got money and are looking to invest (but not 30m) - who've you got that would fit our style of play for say 15-20m? Or it could be a rouse to encourage another target to get signing. 
@hincharoo

Holders

Quote from: AllyWhite on July 17, 2018, 08:01:16 AM

Fake news!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Holders on July 17, 2018, 08:52:32 AM

Fake news!

I've never found the Sun to be any less reliable than most other papers on transfer speculation to be honest

Chesh

Funny that, because the Sun first broke the story that we'd won the race for Seri before everyone dismissed it as fantasy. Two days later, the Italian journo confirmed the deal was over the line........ as for the odds we're still at 4-1 which is not a worsening at all
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Ordar

Thats weird, we're back to 4/1 on oddschecker now, we had dropped out entirely of the running when I refreshed it at 7am this morning....

b+w geezer

Chief sports writer at The Sun is Toofif columnist Dave Kidd.

filham

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on July 17, 2018, 08:03:28 AM
We've made a statement of intent with Seri, so my uninformed, and completely made up guess is that we're now putting ourselves forward by expressing an interest to the agents or the media that we're after another top, top level player, but not really with the intention of getting him. Rather we're using it as bait to see what else agents bring to us at a slightly less high-money/top quality level, as in, we've got money and are looking to invest (but not 30m) - who've you got that would fit our style of play for say 15-20m? Or it could be a rouse to encourage another target to get signing. 
Not sure there is time left to play those risky games with agents. It is make your mind up time. We should have a wanted list and starting at the top we should be putting in strong meaningful bids otherwise we may be starting against Palace with some of last season's reserves and a couple of late panic buys.

MrFFC

Malcolm won't be joining Fulham that's not realistic after heavy investment in Seri. They want 45m for him would much rather see that spent on Mitrovic , Cavaleiro & Musacchio for example
Come on you Whites!! :)

fulhamben

Quote from: MrFFC on July 17, 2018, 10:16:38 AM
Malcolm won't be joining Fulham that's not realistic after heavy investment in Seri. They want 45m for him would much rather see that spent on Mitrovic , Cavaleiro & Musacchio for example
but we are talking about an owner who spent 50 million on a TV screen for the jags. It is very plausible that he might want to flex his muscles a little. Especially on players who will more than likely go up in value
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Been speaking to some Saints STH'ers and I think our pursuit of Targett comes down to the Bertrand situation. Seems like he wants to leave and Southampton are up in the air with whether they'd want Targett as a replacement, or to retain him and loan him out again in the hope he further matures into an international standard LB like what they've been used to. Could be one that goes right on into the window. Also suggestions that like Newcastle and Mitro, selling to us would strengthen us and its not what a struggling EPL team would want to do. More I look into it, the more I think its unlikely to happen sadly...

Riversider

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 17, 2018, 10:56:43 AM
Been speaking to some Saints STH'ers and I think our pursuit of Targett comes down to the Bertrand situation. Seems like he wants to leave and Southampton are up in the air with whether they'd want Targett as a replacement, or to retain him and loan him out again in the hope he further matures into an international standard LB like what they've been used to. Could be one that goes right on into the window. Also suggestions that like Newcastle and Mitro, selling to us would strengthen us and its not what a struggling EPL team would want to do. More I look into it, the more I think its unlikely to happen sadly...

I may be alone in thinking this but I think and hope that we can do a lot better than Targett now were in The Premier League

hovewhite

Re the mitro situation,think we should get similar type forward in then if and when mitro sighns it's competition for the position up front.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Riversider on July 17, 2018, 11:10:26 AM

I may be alone in thinking this but I think and hope that we can do a lot better than Targett now were in The Premier League

Perhaps, but we are running out of time and have more or less reached the point where getting someone who has played here successfully before and knows our style will be a wiser choice than a better player who hasn't.

Sadly I don't think we will get Targett. We can't afford to wait for Southampton to make up their mind and gamble on a last minute loan.

As ridiculous as it sounds I personally think we need to see a new player every 3 days from now until deadline day to have a competetive squad. And that's the absolute minumum IMO.  :022:

FulhamStu

Mitro himself is the key.  He can't be forced to sign for another club.
If he really want to play for Fulham, we will get him.  If on the other hand another club offers him more money, he could go elsewhere but it would be his choice.

FulhamStu

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 17, 2018, 12:10:42 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 17, 2018, 11:10:26 AM

Perhaps, but we are running out of time and have more or less reached the point where getting someone who has played here successfully before and knows our style will be a wiser choice than a better player who hasn't.

Sadly I don't think we will get Targett. We can't afford to wait for Southampton to make up their mind and gamble on a last minute loan.

As ridiculous as it sounds I personally think we need to see a new player every 3 days from now until deadline day to have a competetive squad. And that's the absolute minumum IMO.  :022:

As I have just said on TIFF, I expect a last minute rush where all our targets will have had all options exhausted and be forced to make decisions.  In the meantime, I expect agents are working flat out to get the best possible deals, and if as it looks, we are going high end, then these players will be in high demand and will have choices to make.  We will not always get our highest ranked priority, but will not want to lower our ambitions either.

FFC NY

According to Turkish social media we are back in for Fabri at 5 million Euros

Rambler

Very little transfer gossip for us this week so far. Probably need another couple of competitive signings this week.
Got to keep the gravy train rolling