Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KJS on June 12, 2018, 06:33:22 PM
Quote from: CottagersOnTour on June 12, 2018, 06:30:50 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 12, 2018, 06:24:23 PM
Quite like that Marriott, penalty box poacher,think he would progress further with better service from our players.

He was on loan at Woking a few years back and was clearly far too good for the league even at such a young age.

A proper poacher with an eye for goal but surprisingly good strength for someone with such a slight build.

Ipswich really shouldn't have release him tbh; Luton picked up a bargain when he signed for them and he's been a key player for every team he's played in ever since.

Would certainly sign him as a backup for a reasonable fee.

Do you think he is any better than Cauley Woodrow??

Put it this way would Cauley have got 27 goals in 44 appearances for Peterborough last season,I very much doubt it.

KJS

Fair enough comment but we don't know that for a fact do we?

sunburywhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 12, 2018, 06:38:02 PM
Quite like that Marriott, penalty box poacher,think he would progress further with better service from our players.

He was on loan at Woking a few years back and was clearly far too good for the league even at such a young age.

A proper poacher with an eye for goal but surprisingly good strength for someone with such a slight build.

Ipswich really shouldn't have release him tbh; Luton picked up a bargain when he signed for them and he's been a key player for every team he's played in ever since.

Put it this way would Cauley have got 27 goals in 44 appearances for Peterborough last season,I very much doubt it.

Cauley wouln't even have got 44 appearances
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Tabby on June 12, 2018, 05:48:15 PM
Quote from: AllyWhite on June 12, 2018, 05:47:25 PM
Am I the only one excited about Sky reporting about us wanting Calum Chambers????

I think he'd be a good signing, but I don't think it'll happen.

I expect he will still want to play for a Premier League side.

Oh I forgot, we are a Premier League side !!

KJS

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 12, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

Sorry can't get carried away by someone scoring in League 1

Hoppus

Please no:
Kaveh Solhekol on Twitter: 'Fulham in talks to sign Jordan Ayew from Swansea. We've been told they've made £8m bid'

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KJS on June 12, 2018, 08:31:04 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on June 12, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

Sorry can't get carried away by someone scoring in League 1

Not even Jamie Vardy at Fleetwood Town.

Nero

Quote from: Hoppus on June 12, 2018, 09:58:39 PM
Please no:
Kaveh Solhekol on Twitter: 'Fulham in talks to sign Jordan Ayew from Swansea. We've been told they've made £8m bid'

my feelings exactly, perhaps we've done it to see if west ham will make a bid as they seem to want all the players we are after.

@jolslover

Quote from: Nero on June 12, 2018, 10:15:09 PM
Please no:

my feelings exactly, perhaps we've done it to see if west ham will make a bid as they seem to want all the players we are after.

Was one of Swanseas better players last season,11 goals. Why the dislike? Great dribbler and versatile so a good option to have on the bench. Wouldn't be a brilliant signing but certainly not a bad one.
STH H3

Milo

Quote from: @jolslover on June 12, 2018, 10:25:39 PM
Please no:

Was one of Swanseas better players last season,11 goals. Why the dislike? Great dribbler and versatile so a good option to have on the bench. Wouldn't be a brilliant signing but certainly not a bad one.

Sounds like at £8m he fits the system.. Prem experience..

@jolslover

https://streamable.com/rg43i

Remember watching this earlier in this season in the cup against Wolves, Great goal

https://streamable.com/mguv

And another great finish here
STH H3

filham

Quote from: Milo on June 12, 2018, 10:29:48 PM
Please no:

[/quote

Can't get my head around the idea that Can't get my head around the idea that we could pay £8m for an experienced bench warmer. Surly the money would be better added to what we are prepared to pay for Mitrovic.

Tabby

Ayew started almost every game last season. Not sure where you're getting bench warmer from.

Edit: Maybe you're thinking of André Ayew.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on June 12, 2018, 10:58:40 PM
Please no:

[/quote

Can't get my head around the idea that Can't get my head around the idea that we could pay £8m for an experienced bench warmer. Surly the money would be better added to what we are prepared to pay for Mitrovic.

£8m really isn't a lot of money in the current market though - I'm fairly sure the club will stump up for Mitro if they want to, bearing in mind the vast financial uplift for being in the prem you need to look at it from the aspects of what was a £2m benchwarmer in someone like Kebano will cost you 4/5x more and that's just Premier League economics. We need two proper strikers anyway seeing as AK looks like he could be better suited as a winger so getting a forward who plays in multiple positions isn't really that big of a deal at that price.

wheelerdeeler

8 million for a Striker is absolutely nothing these days. Assombalonga who's never played in the Premier League went for double that last summer.

Would be worried if we went into the season with Ayew as our main striker, but I'd expect us to go all out for another one who'd cost 15+ whether that's Mitrovic, Rondon, Dembele.

kdjr100

Ayew
Chambers
Mitrovic
Kalas
Piazon
Targett

I wouldn't be too disappointed if this was our transfer window. Ideally I would love a couple of wildcards from the free agents list (Badelj and Rui Patricio in particular) but I think the above would be par.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

Milo

Quote from: filham on June 12, 2018, 10:58:40 PM
Please no:

[/quote

As others have said, £8m isn't that much. Strikers at the top level are very hard to come by. If Kalas is touted at £8m then why not a 26 y.o. Prem winger who fits our system and gives us depth? I think it's a sensible signing.

A Prem upgrade on Ayite/Kebano.

OMalleyCat

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Lucas Perez has also been linked.
Was on loan in Spain last season.

Few decent names being linked now.

COYW!

Fernhurst

Quote from: OMalleyCat on June 12, 2018, 11:56:42 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Lucas Perez has also been linked.
Was on loan in Spain last season.

Few decent names being linked now.

COYW!

Yes, we  need  proper incoming quality and a fast start to avoid the bottom 3.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MJG

I remember when Aluko was signed and almost to man everyone was calling him a bench warmer.
I've said before the going rate for a big standard PL player is the 8m plus figure. As someone says below that's just PL economics.
I'm still expecting us to spend in the region of 50-60m and nit a lot more than that. Nowhere near the £90-100m Statto wants us to spend.
With the wage cap in place for our first year that's also a restriction of sorts, but I don't think we would bust that anyway.
Just the views of a long term fan