more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 11, 2018, 12:48:18 PM
Cardiff are signing Josh Murphy of Norwich for 11 million quid.

Great player, I would have been very happy if we had gone In for him, that's a good signing for them.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: General on June 11, 2018, 11:04:38 AM
Ruben Loftus cheek anyone?

I still don't know what he actually does?

No tackles.
No closing down.
Poor passing.
No shooting.

We should pick him for England....

oh...
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 11, 2018, 02:43:11 PM

No tackles.
No closing down.
Poor passing.
No shooting.

oh...

I see Gera in him. Shadow a striker and help link up play.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 11, 2018, 02:43:11 PM

No tackles.
No closing down.
Poor passing.
No shooting.

oh...

He's looked awesome for England in his special role of up field anchor man. Hodgson rates as the best player he has worked with. He can hold up the ball well and has good vision to distribute it wisely to others. Don't be fooled by flair play and certain role types people expect players to be.

TheBadger

Quote from: Riversider on June 11, 2018, 01:32:52 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 11, 2018, 12:48:18 PM
Cardiff are signing Josh Murphy of Norwich for 11 million quid.

Great player, I would have been very happy if we had gone In for him, that's a good signing for them.

I live in Norfolk and every Norwich fan I know has basically said they'd happily drive him to Cardiff to make sure he signs and they get that cash. They just don't rate him. Has 1 good game in 10, poor in possession and very little end product. Personally glad we've not gone for him!
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Statto on June 10, 2018, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on June 10, 2018, 01:37:54 PM
If our transfer success rate doesn't improve radically that will probably mean signing 10-12 players! Which obviously won't happen.

We've signed 10+ players in all the last few summer windows. Why would be less active now we've been promoted?

I see you point but with the exception of the 2016/17 season many of the most important signings have been loans. It will take a LOT of money to sign 10+ PL quality players when only two loans are permitted.

We still need to be within the limits of FFP. In the Championship we could spend more money than most but that's not the case anymore. Some of the rumours that are circulating would probably blow our entire budget on 3-4 players!!!

With the massive rebuild we're facing there's bound to be a period of trial and error. Ideally we should have most of our business done before the pre-season games. There's still plenty of time but this is perhaps my biggest concern, last minute signings and being unprepared for the start of the season.

But like I said before, I know it's far too soo to start worrying. And whatever happens I'll be 100% behind the team when the season starts! I probably just suffer from premature "start of season syndrome". It never happened THIS early before...  :005:

Tabby

Apparently Lazio are in for Grujic, with a quoted fee of £5million. Seeing as we have been linked I'm hoping we're bidding as well. I'd take their arm off at that price.

https://www.football-italia.net/122817/lazio-ask-liverpool-grujic

filham

Quote from: Statto on June 10, 2018, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on June 10, 2018, 01:37:54 PM
If our transfer success rate doesn't improve radically that will probably mean signing 10-12 players! Which obviously won't happen.

We've signed 10+ players in all the last few summer windows. Why would be less active now we've been promoted?
The Premiership status means that we must sign players of a higher quality, I doubt that we can afford quantity at the same time.

twang

Getafe's winger Amath Ndiaye Diedhiou, 21, is now being linked with a £10m move to Fulham and Cardiff.

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/jugador-getafe-tentado-inglaterra-20180612.html

KJS

New on Sky Fulham interested in signing Callum Chambers from Arsenal

WhiteJC

Chelsea transfer news: Blues set to complete first summer business with £8m double deal
CHELSEA are set to complete their first transfer business of the summer with the double sale of two players to Fulham.

Chelsea transfer news: Lucas Piazon and Tomas Kalas are heading to Fulham

Chelsea have been slow movers in the market so far with uncertainty over manager Antonio Conte's future causing a hold-up.

He's thought to be heading for the Stamford Bridge exit - but two players could beat him to it.

Starsport understands Lucas Piazon and Tomas Kalas are close to joining Premier League new boys Fulham in an £8m deal.

The pair both played on loan at Craven Cottage as Slavisa Jokanovic's side secured a return to the top flight via the Championship play-offs last term.

Piazon and Kalas also spent the previous 12 months on loan at Fulham and now look set to put pen to paper on permanent deals with Chelsea's west London rivals.

Defender Kalas has made two first-team appearances for the Blues but the majority of his time on the books has been spent out on loan.

He signed for Chelsea in 2010 but has since played for Sigma Olomouc, Vitesse Arnhem, Cologne and Middlesbrough on a temporary basis.

The 25-year-old is a full Czech Republic international.

Piazon has one Chelsea appearance to his name and like Kalas has been farmed out on loan all across Europe.

The 24-year-old Brazilian turned out for Malaga, Vitesse Arnhem, Frankfurt and Reading before heading to Fulham in 2016.

The Cottagers will learn their Premier League schedule on Thursday when the fixtures for next season are published at 9am.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/709088/Chelsea-transfer-news-Lucas-Piazon-Tomas-Kalas-Fulham-sale

Barrett487

Quote from: KJS on June 12, 2018, 12:23:31 PM
New on Sky Fulham interested in signing Callum Chambers from Arsenal

BREAKING NEWS

Fulham have reignited their interest in Arsenal defender Calum Chambers, according to Sky sources.

The 23-year-old was one of their top targets last summer along with his then Gunners team-mate Lucas Perez, who returned to Deportivo La Coruna.

Chambers, who has three years remaining on his Arsenal contract after signing two-year extension last year, is high on their list again this summer as the Whites look to build a squad that can survive in the Premier League next season.

Arsenal are reshaping their own squad this summer under new manager Unai Emery and head of recruitment Sven Mislintat, and it remains to be seen whether Chambers is part of their plans.

FulhamStu

Piazon and Kalas for £8M is about right and give us good squad players that know how we play and Slav knows them.  They are not however starters, esp in the Premiership.

If we were to get Mitro and Targett or similar we will be in a good position to then push on with another 2 or 3 good first 11 signings.  Central defender to play next to Ream being our major priority. I would be happy to Christie to be given a chance at right back, so a right sided striker would be next on most of our lists.  Then upgrade where ever a good opportunity to sign players with a future.   Maddison fits this model but I suspect would be just too expensive.

Barrett487

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/12/report-newcastle-and-fulham-want-midfielder-roque-mesa/

Report: Newcastle and Fulham want midfielder Roque Mesa

Spanish outlet Sevilla ABC has claimed that Newcastle United and Fulham are both interested in signing Swansea City flop Roque Mesa, while La Liga side Sevilla are also keen.

The 29-year-old midfielder joined Swansea last summer from Las Palmas for a fee of £11million (The Sun) but was immediately loaned back to Spain with Sevilla after just 11 Premier League appearances.

It had been expected that Mesa would move to Sevilla permanently, following Swansea's relegation to the Premier League, but both Fulham and Newcastle are now considering moves.

Mesa's agent - the same as Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic - stated that the midfielder had received offers from both Spain and England: "Roque Mesa has received many proposals in recent weeks, from Spain and England."

The Toon are likely to be in the market for a central midfielder, with Mikel Merino reportedly interesting La Liga side Athletic Bilbao this summer. Jack Colback and Henri Saivet are also expected to leave Tyneside after loan spells.

Mesa has a contract at Swansea until the summer of 2021, but his future in Wales looks all but over. It remains to be seen how much interested parties will have to spend to land the former Levante youth player.

Milo

£8m for the two Chelsea players is a bargain but I don't think it's true

Barrett487

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/joe-bennetts-2m-release-clause-14769755

Joe Bennett's £2m release clause doesn't exist anymore and Cardiff City have no intention of selling him to Fulham