News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should I go via Marylebone tomorrow? seems to be Villa's preferred route...

Started by Dixie, May 25, 2018, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

The only previous i have been to Wembley was during the Olympics and we went via Marylebone to Wembley Stadium.
I have to say it was an absolute dream journey - particularly after the game as everyone else was queuing for hours to get the tube, we walked the other way and pretty much got straight onto a train back to Marylebone...

However, i get the feeling that pretty much everyone coming from the Midlands will be travelling via that route and i don't fancy being outnumbered 30,000 to 1 in my Fulham shirt!

What is the general feeling on this?

By the way, coming from Sussex, so getting the tube there would be relatively straightforward
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Dixie

Having now caught up on some other threads, i think Wembley Park will be the better option - that is where all the Fulham pubs are going to be as well!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Holders

I have a similar dilemma. Coming in to Padd, direct line goes to the Villa end so planning to change at Baker Street for Wembley Park, hopefully Fulham end. It involves a change but is less stops.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Shredhead

I got the penultimate train to Hamburg airport after wandering around for hours trying to find the effing station and squeezed into a carriage full (faces pressed against window-full) of Athletico fans. It was a surprisingly ok journey.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

NorfolkJim

I'm going to go to Wembley Park on the way to the stadium but I will be returning via Wembley Central. Anyone know how long it takes for the crush to clear as I will be pushing the Mrs in her chair and will be happy to hang about for a while after the game.

Roberty

If your entrance is on the southside - A, B or C - it is a much shorter walk from Wembley Stadium station
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mitch

Quote from: Holders on May 25, 2018, 04:00:15 PM
I have a similar dilemma. Coming in to Padd, direct line goes to the Villa end so planning to change at Baker Street for Wembley Park, hopefully Fulham end. It involves a change but is less stops.

This is the best route. Baker Street on the Metropolitan line and onwards.

Roberty

Quote from: Mitch on May 25, 2018, 05:51:50 PM
Quote from: Holders on May 25, 2018, 04:00:15 PM

This is the best route. Baker Street on the Metropolitan line and onwards.

When you exit Wembley Park - you walk down Wembley Way - it comes to the Northside - the ends are split down the north south axis - so it is 50 - 50
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Southdowns White

I thought there were no direct trains from Birmingham to london tomorrow, does this mean they will all be on the chiltern line to Wembley stadium. From what I read they have a lot of coaches booked as well.