watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Targett & Mitro

Started by Andy S, May 30, 2018, 12:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

When you look at those two boys careers back in January both had stagnated. Both given the opportunity to go to a championship club and try and reserect their careers. Both worked hard and have done just that. It should be an example to every young person. Fight for what you want to achieve and you will achieve it

ChesterTheTabby

And, more importantly for next years campaign, let's try and get them both over here on permanent deals! Of all our loanees I would keep five of them:

1. Mitrovic
2. Targett
3. Kalas
4. Norwood
5. Piazon

At a minimum I would sign the top 3, in a perfect world and on the cheap with room for further strengthening, I would sign all five.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FirstCoastFulham

Mitro should be easy, out of favor at Newcastle and with Mike Ashley not wanting to spend in the market Rafa may be forced to finance some of his purchases with sales. Targett, not so sure. Bertrand isn't getting any younger and Targett has been groomed for that spot for a couple years now, they're usually inclined to sell yes but all things considered they may try and hold him a couple years and spin him off for more than we'd be willing to match

Fulham 442

Mitro should be easy, out of favor at Newcastle and with Mike Ashley not wanting to spend in the market Rafa may be forced to finance some of his purchases with sales. Targett, not so sure. Bertrand isn't getting any younger and Targett has been groomed for that spot for a couple years now, they're usually inclined to sell yes but all things considered they may try and hold him a couple years and spin him off for more than we'd be willing to match

I would like these two for sure out of all our loanees.    I thought the fact that Southampton hadn't been in touch with him at all for the duration of his loan spell with us would make him easier to sign but unfortunately it would appear that Hughes wants Targett back.  According to my Southampton supporting mate Bertrand hasn't had a great season.

Kimbleman

Let's face it Mark Hughes is hardly going to want to do us a favour now is he! That said if the player wants away then we may have a chance.

I'd say buy Kalas, re-loan Piazon (out of the two chelsea boys I think they still see Lucas having a role back there at the Bridge).

Ollie Norwood would be handy too..... I think he would be useful as a squad player coming on from the bench or cover for injury.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The only interpretation of Targett's farewell thanks message must be that he will not be coming back.

We can only hope that I and others are wrong.

Mince n Tatties

What happened with that post by Jurassic Park?

toshes mate

Wholeheartedly agree with the essence of the original post.  Targett fitted in so quickly and so seamlessly a casual observer would have thought he had been with Fulham forever.  Mitrovic knew he could play but took the opportunity to be what SJ wanted him to be and played a huge part in our success from February onwards.  They did what every player should do and that is take opportunities when they present themselves because you never know where they may lead.

None of us can be sure what will happen to the loaned players either from Fulham's perspective or from that of their parent clubs.  SJ will give the Club his overall perspective on what is required as he has already indicated in his 'must show ambition to do well' statement about our first season back in the PL.   Much will depend upon what is on offer in the transfer, free agent and loan market and how much will be budgeted for transfer fees and salaries.   I would certainly like all five named by maoconnor back on the books in one way or another unless better can be found elsewhere. 

Whatever else is said, as it stands, our position as a Club today is a whole lot healthier and optimistic than it was prior to last Saturday.   Interesting times ahead. 

ByTheRiver

Quote from: maoconnor on May 30, 2018, 02:26:41 AM
And, more importantly for next years campaign, let's try and get them both over here on permanent deals! Of all our loanees I would keep five of them:

1. Mitrovic
2. Targett
3. Kalas
4. Norwood
5. Piazon

At a minimum I would sign the top 3, in a perfect world and on the cheap with room for further strengthening, I would sign all five.

I'd agree with all of these, my thoughts are:

1. Vital. Get it done now before he bangs in a few at the World Cup and Italian clubs join the race
2. Love to sign him but I just don't think it's going to happen. His farewell message (compare to Norwood and so on) seemed pretty final and Saints could do with him tbh.
3. Yep, again would definitely sign him. I think he signed another contract before joining us again last year (seem to remember we were looking to buy, which would have then lead on to a free, but then he signed a fairly long contract before joining again on loan?). Therefore cost could be prohibitive!
4. I would take Ollie if the price was right. I think he's likely to be back up in the Premiership but we will need backup! Great attitude and has never really let us down this year. Decent technical midfielder.
5. I actually think Piazon would be better in the prem than he has been in the championship! Bit more protection from referees, only a couple of teams playing 19th century football, and so on. Again, if the price is right (wouldn't want to spend big money...).

S.F.Sorrow

Targett is the one to keep IMO but I suspect he has a future at Southampton.

Mitro... I'm not so sure he will be the same success in a team struggling against relegation. We could easily find ourselves with the "other" Mitro. The frustrated one with disciplinary issues... I think we saw a glimpse of him against QPR. But at the same time he seems like an obvious signing if he's available at a reasonable transfer fee.

Kalas could be a ok signing but he was better last season IMO. And lets not forget, he wasn't considered good enough to be a regular starter for most of this season. I don't think we will sign him.

Piazon hasn't really found his position in our team. He's not really a winger, is he? Great player but I'm not sure he's what we need.

I personally wouldn't sign Norwood. I like his character and he has an excellent work rate but his passing isn't good enough for our style of football. I can't see him playing much for us in the prem. We should aim to strengthen. If he wasn't good enough to be a regular starter in the Championship...

Stevieboy

It will not reflect well on the club if we don't pull out all the stops to get Mitro, he is obviously a perfect fit in the team and has contributed massively to our final push to the Prem.
It would be a terrible blow to morale for the team and supporters if it doesn't happen.

Although, if the player has the final say then we would appear to be in pole position......I don't think an unhappy Mitro would be an asset to a club.
Similarly with Targett, we should make Saints an offer they can't refuse.....let's arrive in the Prem in style.

These last few months show that both these players fit perfectly in the team, as players and seemingly with commitment and team spirit.
Ultimately though....in Slav I trust and with him making decisions I'm sure we'll all be very happy next season.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Kimbleman on May 30, 2018, 09:00:33 AM
Let's face it Mark Hughes is hardly going to want to do us a favour now is he! That said if the player wants away then we may have a chance.

I'd say buy Kalas, re-loan Piazon (out of the two chelsea boys I think they still see Lucas having a role back there at the Bridge).

Ollie Norwood would be handy too..... I think he would be useful as a squad player coming on from the bench or cover for injury.

The Filth will want too much money for Kalas and Piazon plus, they were not starters this season and next we need big upgrades.

Mitro, an absolute must try and buy, Targett would be good but not essential as I would like better.

Frankly would like Norwood if the price is right as I see him as an excellent squad man behind the scenes.

Overall, we need to significantly upgrade in all areas of the pitch.

Fulham 442

The only interpretation of Targett's farewell thanks message must be that he will not be coming back.

Just read it - very disappointing but certainly seems pretty final.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Statto on May 30, 2018, 04:07:08 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 30, 2018, 01:27:55 PM

I asked on another thread but got no reply - is this the Instagram post?

If so, as I said, it says see you next season "one way or another" which for me is far from clear and very open to interpretation.

Also If we are interpreting all thank you messages as farewell messages the Mitro and Fredericks must also be off because they have also posted long thank you messages.

Matt Targett on Twitter 28/05/18:
"Thank you for making my time here so special!!  I loved every single minute of it!  Good luck next season."

Seems like a farewell message to me but would love it not to be!