watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelski can't afford to build stadium

Started by HamsterWheel, May 31, 2018, 01:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterWheel

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11390844/chelsea-put-plans-for-new-stamford-bridge-stadium-on-hold

Plans on hold due to unfavourable investment environment - no doubt means that banks won't loan to Abramovich as he's persona non grata due to Putin links.

Nero

that and no champions league football, there on the decline the last one to leave Stamford bridge please turn off the lights.

Holders

There was a short time when Fayed had just bought Fulham before Abramovic came in that we were in the better potential financial position. Dare we dream?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SG

After Saturday, then Villa releasing their captain, things are just getting better and better 

cmg

Quote from: Nero on May 31, 2018, 01:45:38 PM
that and no champions league football, there on the decline the last one to leave Stamford bridge please turn off the lights.

...but make sure you wear gloves when you use the door handles.

HillingdonFFC

Nothing to do with not being able to afford it, he could build 5 -6 & still have about 6billion quid left over.
Its down to spitting out his dummy over the passport issue

HillingdonFFC

Hes reputed to be one of the wealthiest "cash rich" people in the world, or he was. I remember when he bought Chelsea some Russian journalist said most of his wealth is personal & not tied up .
I doubt he would need to borrow from the banks

Mitch

Don't think it's a cash issue, it's a visa issue. Doesn't make sense for the man to spend all that on infrastructure in a country that won't give him one. More to this than what they've said I reckon.

Enfield

Stopped due to the fact that a " Wailing Wall" now needs to be incorporated in new plans.

(Won't be as good as a WhiteWall)

cookieg

Oh dear, Mr A stops the rebuilding of that sh17ehole because he can't get a visa to come into the UK. Who gives a toss, clearly there is a reason he hasn't been let in. Maybe he was planning on poisoning someone.

SG

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 31, 2018, 04:12:53 PM
Hes reputed to be one of the wealthiest "cash rich" people in the world, or he was. I remember when he bought Chelsea some Russian journalist said most of his wealth is personal & not tied up .

What a shame they don't openly explain how he became one of the most cash rich people in the world. The source and sharing of that wealth amongst a few connected Russians has been shown to be thoroughly corrupt - allegedly. Hopefully our pathetically weak government are at long last standing up to these people

Carborundum

Have to wonder whether "peak Chelsea" is now firmly in the rear view mirrors.  Hazard goes in the summer and it could be quite a tumble. 

Woolly Mammoth

They could end up on Wandsworth Common if they are not careful.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Carborundum on June 01, 2018, 07:07:59 AM
Have to wonder whether "peak Chelsea" is now firmly in the rear view mirrors.  Hazard goes in the summer and it could be quite a tumble. 
courtois has apparantly been put on n the transfer list too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HillingdonFFC

Sad thing is they'll have no shortage of Saudi princes, Oil Sheiks, other Oligarchs , Chinese billionaires etc etc queuing up if Abramovic bales out

Colton F.C.

Roman Abramovich, Chelsea owner, 'withdraws' UK visa application

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44332603

What is going on?   Club for sale!

Nick Bateman

Without Abramovich's money, Eden Hazard may finally get booked for diving....
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

gezkc

Quote from: Colton F.C. on June 01, 2018, 03:23:44 PM
Roman Abramovich, Chelsea owner, 'withdraws' UK visa application

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44332603

What is going on?   Club for sale!

He's trying to save face by saying that his visa application wasn't refused by the British government, it was his decision not to get one - "you can't turn me down because I didn't want one anyway!"

Utter nonsense of course.

Baszab

Abramovich has used the "Chelsea" card to keep in favour with UK government - now Putin association is such a problem he's out of favour - Chelsea could easily suffer for this,  although some Saudi or Chinese investor will probably appear at short notice.

HatterDon

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 31, 2018, 04:12:53 PM

But billionaires become and stay billionaires by NOT spending their own money unless absolutely unavoidable.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel