watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Championship 2018/2019

Started by Riversider, June 07, 2018, 06:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Who is there to give Stoke, Swansea and WBA a run for their money ?
Nobody ever wants to get relegated but I would say that now is as good a time as any for the relegated 3,
Aston Villa won't be challenging next season, Boro and Derby have got financial problems and will both be selling to try and raise transfer revenue,
Looks a good opportunity for the likes of Brentford,  Millwall, Sheff Utd, Wigan and Blackburn to fill 3 of the play off places,
If Stoke, Swansea and West Brom hold their nerve this summer it's hard to see them being opposed next season,
Even though were in The Premier League next season I'm still going to continue my love affair with The Championship.

Milo

Leeds before they dropped their Manager.

Forest? Rebuilt in Jan.

Sheff Wed and Hull both had late resurgences at the back end of last season.

Fulham Tup North

Wednesday would be my tip, along with Leeds.
Remember, Leeds are a massive club 😀👍⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WOSFSC

ffc73

Unpopular on here maybe, but Brentford for me have a good chance of playoffs. They play more attractive football than Cardiff so maybe even top 2

LVBPTS

I'm going to say Norwich....one of the only teams to be profitable

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

Camel Club

I think West Brom and Derby (unfortunately) are probably best placed to go up automatically but there aren't many teams you could say haven't got a chance of reaching the play offs. Looks like another brutal 46 game season and I'm glad we're not part of it; especially  as we're currently sitting 9th in the Premier League!!

hovewhite

Norwich, Brentford to be in the mix I think plus the three who have come down.

Carborundum

Sheffield Wednesday.  Chronic injury problems this season past.  Better fortune and a couple of decent signings and they are a formidable Championship team.

Andy S

I think QPR could be in the mix with the wally with the brolly. Unless FFP finally catches up with them

SP

Quote from: Andy S on June 07, 2018, 07:59:37 PM
I think QPR could be in the mix with the wally with the brolly. Unless FFP finally catches up with them

Interesting, who do you see as their key players?

Marinelloguthrie

I thought Hull were starting to come together a bit under Atkins who is a good manager at that level. Not sure what their spending levels are though.

HV71

Apart from the relegated teams - If they keep Aitor Karanka then I think Forest could be a surprise package   I wouldn't write off Wednesday either

Fulhamfan666

My guess is:
1. Swansea
2. Boro
3. Brentford
4. Stoke
5. Birmingham C
6. Leeds
7. Shef Wed

21. Rotterham
22. Hull
23. Reading
24. ***  :005:

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on June 07, 2018, 07:14:48 PM
Neither Wigan nor Blackburn will finish higher than Villa, Derby or Boro

Wouldn't be so sure about that, where do you see Villa finishing ?

Fulham76

Brentford were one of the better teams I saw this season, played good football too.

If they can keep the team & manager together & add a couple more decent players, then I think they will be right up there.

gezkc

I think this could be Sheff Wed's season They only struggled this year because of injuries and finished the season strongly once Forestieri etc came back into the team.
I also see Boro and Brentford being up there again.

FulhamKC

There always seems to be a team or two who come from deep down the table the previous year to strong contenders the next. Fulham and Reading from 15/16 to 16/17.  Cardiff and Bristol City from 16/17 to 17/18.

Who will do it next year? Several on here seem to think Norwich, Hull and/or Forest.

Dougie

None of the relegated clubs are said to be in a particularly healthy position. Maybe one within the playoff frame, probably West Brom.

I think Middlesboro will be pushing for automatic promotion. Of the three playoff losers, they appear to be in the strongest position.

Hull, Sheff Wed, Leeds and Brentford could be in the playoff mix. Hull improved under Adkins and still have parachute money and not crazy squad overheads. Sheff Wed were crippled by injuries last season. Leeds have the biggest turnover in the league without parachute payments and will get their affairs in order one of these years. Brentford finished strong and proably don't need to sell.

All three promoted clubs will find life tough. There is a big gulf between the League One and the Championship, with most clubs operating on double to 3x the budget in the higher division. Bolton and Birmingham are still clubs in states, and I expect will struggle again. Bottom 3 from those five.

Derby and Villa both to have difficult seasons because of their predicaments with FFP.

jamesffc

Love the championship, but it's always a difficult one to predict due to previous play-off teams and excelling players being open for poaching from 'bigger' clubs.

But saying that, seemingly agree with the forum and think that Brentford will do well. Have had a slow and sustained increase in form and looking like a solid team with good young prospects.