watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Championship 2018/2019

Started by Riversider, June 07, 2018, 06:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobGoblin

Really don't care, just glad it's not us anymore. As long as not qparse or brentscum I don't mind who gets promoted

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 07, 2018, 10:07:24 PM
Brentford were one of the better teams I saw this season, played good football too.

If they can keep the team & manager together & add a couple more decent players, then I think they will be right up there.

Agreed. Plus they finished strong which often bodes well for the following season.

Preston finished strong as well. Could definitely see both in the playoffs if they have good summers.

Sgt Fulham

1. Swansea
2. Boro
3. Brentford
4. Stoke
5. Sheffield Wednesday
6. WBA

22. Blackburn
23. Bolton
24. Rotherham

Fairly standard but too predictable to come true.

RoyTund

Boro will be up there, as will stoke and Wednesday.  Brentford done so well and in many ways they deserve at least a shot at the playoffs.

Riversider

Boro wont have Traore next season, Hull wont have Hernandez next season , and Villa wont have 6 or 7 that played at Wembley,
Big losses for all 3 clubs

filham

Non of them will be looking forward to their visit to the Den.

Jimmy Hill

BORO, WBA, as automatic

No idea after that interesting people think leeds. i live in leeds and that view is not shared here.

Sherlock

Stoke have been shrewd to get Rowett in early. If they lose their prima donnas and make a couple of smart signings I think they will go up. WBA do not have a strong squad but will be in/around playoffs. Swansea seem unpredictable, could end up near top or bottom in my opinion.

Both Sheffield clubs could challenge. Brentford have been impressive for a couple of years now. Then there's Boro, Preston, Millwall who have shown they're solid. Norwich, Bristol, & Forest as dark horses.

Certainly looks bleak for Villa if their rumoured troubles are true. It will be a very competitive league again.

Sherlock

This looks the year Ipswich will finally leave the Championship though, and it won't be the way they want.

hovewhite

Quote from: SP on June 07, 2018, 08:04:39 PM
Quote from: Andy S on June 07, 2018, 07:59:37 PM
I think QPR could be in the mix with the wally with the brolly. Unless FFP finally catches up with them

Interesting, who do you see as their key players?
what?!! The wally with the brolly at the ha hahs
What have you been on!!

keith

Stoke,Wednesday and, maybe via playoffs, Millwall.

Marinelloguthrie

Wouldn't mind seeing Sheffield United doing well, they try to play good football, youngish british manager (i think) and they seemed  very complimentary and sporting in defeats to us.
Plus apart from Brentford they are going to be the only footballing team left, maybe Swansea.

Bassey the warrior

Would like to see Bristol go up, a small team that play attacking football. Also Matty Taylor's mum works in my company.

filham

Silly to try forecasting at this stage as you may get a team hovering about mid table at Christmas who then sign a good striker and have a 23 game unbeaten run that takes them to the  Wembley play off final where they beat a big club that was very much fancied pre season.

DutchCottage

I go for Sheffield Wednesday. They have a quality manager who knows how to get promoted.