watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Mitro just denied a clear penalty for two players wrestling him to the ground. As clear as the two England should have been awarded.  I have had it with VAR and cr4p officials.  Totally hopeless, inept rubbish.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 22, 2018, 08:19:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2018, 08:16:34 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 22, 2018, 08:02:14 PM
My worst nightmare.......Superb player

Think he might get another this half.
yep I think we have missed the boat with him.will be out of our price range by the end of the wc

Think the club knows this will happen,hence the interest in Ayew.
not sure what's worse, that we see ayew as a replacement or that we would be stupid enough to sign another African when there is another African nations cup this year
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ron

First Harry Kane wrestled to the ground by one defender....
Now Mitro securely held by two defenders and wrestled down in similar style.....
...how many need to assault a player to get a pen in this World Cup?

ron

Switzerland win by two falls to one

Tabby

They haven't given a single penalty for wrestling in the area. I guess fouling is okay as long as you don't kick this WC.

Milo

Luckily for us Mitro tired and Serbia weren't able to get it to him in as many dangerous positions.

We might just hang on to him if he's quiet against Brazil!

Fernhurst

Really need someone from FIFA to step forward and explain why that was not a penalty !!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 22, 2018, 09:06:11 PM
Really need someone from FIFA to step forward and explain why that was not a penalty !!
The arms of god can be the only answer.

Nick Bateman

Shockingly clear penalty not given although hardly surprising as German ref appointed to neighbours (same language) Switzerland.  FIFA knew this!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

gezkc

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 22, 2018, 10:33:38 PM
Shockingly clear penalty not given although hardly surprising as German ref appointed to neighbours (same language) Switzerland.  FIFA knew this!

Very odd thing to say - the refs nationality had nothing to do with it. Anyway, the Swiss don't just speak German - they have several principal languages, including French and Italian.

Lighthouse

FIFA take bribes and organise a World Cup in the most corrupt Country in the World. Yet we are shocked that decisions oddly only help the big teams even when they are not playing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Missed the Serbia game, we have to be happy with that result though. Mitro coming home early suits all parties.

cottage expat

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 22, 2018, 11:58:59 PM
Missed the Serbia game, we have to be happy with that result though. Mitro coming home early suits all parties.

Keep your fingers crossed he doesn't score a hat trick against Brazil while Costa Rica turn over the Swiss 😲

Milo

Mr Ruiz always manages to get one over on us

MrFFC

Mitrovic was good against Switzerland yesterday. That goal has put them in trouble though hopefully he is away from the World Cup next week then goes on holiday & in 3/4 weeks time seals his move to Fulham.
Come on you Whites!! :)

fulhamben

Quote from: MrFFC on June 23, 2018, 06:54:56 AM
Mitrovic was good against Switzerland yesterday. That goal has put them in trouble though hopefully he is away from the World Cup next week then goes on holiday & in 3/4 weeks time seals his move to Fulham.
personally I think that goal puts Brazil in trouble. Swiss will get a draw against Costa at least and Serbia will beat this Brazil team
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulhamfan666

If Belgium don't win today I will be EXTREMELY disappointed ...

filham

Quote from: MrFFC on June 23, 2018, 06:54:56 AM
That is getting close to the Palace match, If for some reason it fails we are likely to be in there again panic buying another striker at an inflated premiership price.

filham

I watched Korea v Mexico this afternoon and while neither team are among the favourites it was a good game with a number of talented players on view.

It is easy to understand why the competition is looked upon as a shop window for big clubs and why clubs hold back on buying new players until after the competition.

We really should have wrapped up a deal with Newcastle for Mitrovic before the World Cup started.

ron

Here we go again tonight.....can't have people giving penalties against Germany can we??!!!!