watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

WC refereeing under the spotlight again. 

Loved the Panama player who got no punishment for elbowing the England now pleading with the ref to send Stirling off.

Least he awarded the penalty today.

gezkc

Fantastic penalty by Kane.
I really hope England thrash this lot now - Panama are a dirty bunch of cheats.

Milo

The amount of pointless free kicks England are giving away is ridiculous.

Loftus-Cheek just gave away a free kick and got a yellow card for NO reason in their half.

I know they're all young but it's amateur stuff really. The coaches need to seriously get hold of them and remind them that cheap free kicks cost games.. especially when the other team have very little chance of scoring otherwise.

SP

Football shirts look so much better without advertising slogans across the chest.  Wow, a second for Stones.

gezkc

This is great to watch - England are taking Panama apart!

Twig

Quote from: Milo on June 24, 2018, 01:26:36 PM

Loftus-Cheek just gave away a free kick and got a yellow card for NO reason in their half.

I know they're all young but it's amateur stuff really. The coaches need to seriously get hold of them and remind them that cheap free kicks cost games.. especially when the other team have very little chance of scoring otherwise.

For "amateurs" they are doing pretty well i'd Have said.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: gezkc on June 24, 2018, 01:43:13 PM

Don't get too carried away, they are about league 1 level by the look of it.

FFCFOREVER

What is amateurish is the Panama defending of set pieces , in particular corners. Lets just congratulate and enjoy England putting in a dominant display.Hell they get bollocked enough and rightly so ,when things are not going to plan .

Milo

Quote from: Twig on June 24, 2018, 01:51:30 PM

... It is clear I am not talking about the entire performance. Instead, trying to point out improvements for us against the better teams.

Against these better teams these cheap free kicks will cost us goals. A half decent delivery by a Brazilian or German winger and the likes of Gomez etc will capitalise. Also the cheap yellow from Loftus Cheek would have been costly 75 minutes into the game against such a team when we are under the cosh.

Woolly Mammoth

Six 6 of the best England. ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gezkc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 24, 2018, 01:54:42 PM
Quote from: gezkc on June 24, 2018, 01:43:13 PM

Don't get too carried away, they are about league 1 level by the look of it.

I don't care - England have never done this at a World Cup before.

Milo

Quote from: Milo on June 24, 2018, 02:10:39 PM

... It is clear I am not talking about the entire performance. Instead, trying to point out improvements for us against the better teams.

Against these better teams these cheap free kicks will cost us goals. A half decent delivery by a Brazilian or German winger and the likes of Gomez etc will capitalise. Also the cheap yellow from Loftus Cheek would have been costly 75 minutes into the game against such a team when we are under the cosh.

That goal illustrated the point really..

grandad

You have to take your hats off for Panama.They scored.
Where there's a will there's a wife

gezkc

Well done England. Good performance.

SP

Quote from: grandad on June 24, 2018, 02:39:23 PM
You have to take your hats off for Panama.They scored.

Panama don't seem to like us much, perhaps they haven't forgiven us for John Darwin.

Woolly Mammoth

Good stuff England, and well done.
Panama were cynical and dirty and full of gamesmanship, they got what they deserved a thrashing.
It was 30 degrees out there, it was inevitable that the second half would taper off, need to conserve energy.
Anyone who has played in that temperature will understand.
Done the goal avaerage a favour.
Jessie Lingards Goal was sublime.
Makes the Belgium match interesting knowing both teams have qualified.
A long way to go, let's hope there are plenty of more games to go, but it's more than encouraging.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

All this fuss we had over the referee and his white spray to keep players ten yards. Now players just stand on top of the ball to stop quick free kicks and the referee seems to allow it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

That would be the Brazilian and German teams that are struggling to close out their group stage matches?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on June 24, 2018, 07:27:39 PM

That would be the Brazilian and German teams that are struggling to close out their group stage matches?

0001.jpeg

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Quote from: Twig on June 24, 2018, 07:27:39 PM

So having seen Panama score from a cheap free kick minutes after rejecting my prediction of exactly that you now want to take a swing at my suggestion that Germany and Brazil are better teams than Panama?

Bold!