more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd Cupp

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 25, 2018, 08:56:19 PM

This is not the game I fell in love with.

So true. Agree 100%
Im thinking maybe its worth watching non league every now and then to bring back real football.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Syd Cupp on June 25, 2018, 09:08:51 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 25, 2018, 08:56:19 PM

This is not the game I fell in love with.

So true. Agree 100%
Im thinking maybe its worth watching non league every now and then to bring back real football.

The same reason I support the Womens game. No rolling about, not as much cheating and they have never heard of VAR.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SWSixer

Not a great night for VAR. The Iran penalty was nonsense, and I still think Iago Aspas was marginally offside which denied the Moroccans a famous win.

However if you asked me before tonight I would have said it was working fairly well.
I had feared the worst so perhaps my perception of it was based on my fears.

If it can help remove some of the diving and cheating from the game then I will support it (I don't think we have a choice anyway).

SWSixer

How long until FIFA decide to issue a yellow card for players making the 'VAR' sign in the referees face? Much like players getting booked for waving imaginary cards.

At the moment anything happens and players are pleading for a review in the hope they might get some luck.

ron

I'd like to see some of these rolling-on-the floor cheats go down to their local amateur boxing clubs to find out what a proper punch in the face feels like. Then they may realise that we who watch are not fooled.

The sad thing is that the referees and VAR Wallahs actually are.

I despair for our game, and its departure from what was a manly contact sport which was played in a good spirit

otter muppet

Not a huge fan of the way VAR is being used, but I think it's teething issues and implementation that's the issue.

Looking at all the poor decisions we had last year or we see at all the big games, can any of you say something like VAR isn't needed? We laugh about the hand of God for a reason.

I think we'd still see all the stupid decisions without VAR, it's human error one man still has final say. There's a reason this world Cup has seen the most penalties, and its not because players have suddenly gotten dirtier.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

toshes mate

Quote from: ron on June 25, 2018, 11:45:17 PM
I'd like to see some of these rolling-on-the floor cheats go down to their local amateur boxing clubs to find out what a proper punch in the face feels like. Then they may realise that we who watch are not fooled.

The sad thing is that the referees and VAR Wallahs actually are.

I despair for our game, and its departure from what was a manly contact sport which was played in a good spirit
+1

Lighthouse

Nigeria against Argentina. Like Germany you just know that somehow Argentina will find a way to get through.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Milo

They have passed awfully in these first 10 minutes

Milo

Good goal!

Maradonnas an odd man isn't he!

Mince n Tatties

The reaction of the cheat Maradona.
That bloke is in Moo Moo Land permanently I think.😵😵😵😵😵😵

Milo

Such unnecessary comments from the commentator about Argentina's manager. He makes my skin scrawl!

Milo

Again... that wasn't a penalty for me. HOWEVER. For me, VAR should remove the howlers and if it's "probably a bit harsh" then the referees decision on the pitch should stand.

Only big errors should get changed.

Neil D

Quote from: Milo on June 26, 2018, 08:10:20 PM
Again... that wasn't a penalty for me. HOWEVER. For me, VAR should remove the howlers and if it's "probably a bit harsh" then the referees decision on the pitch should stand.

Only big errors should get changed.
It looked like a penalty to me - though only half as much a penalty as the one on Mitro, given that two players grappled him to the ground.  The problem is that it is so common that you  would be getting three or four a match.  If the refs stick with punishing  these tactics with pens, it will eventually be stopped.

Milo

I think it could've gone either way but for me you didn't see any real tug or any real force from Mascherano to bring him down. Looked like he went down easy.

Very good decision from ref on that last VAR. Took him what ... 5 seconds?

SP

Diego the cheat shows his class with a double middle fingered solute to the crowd.

Neil D

Quote from: Milo on June 26, 2018, 08:05:08 PM
Such unnecessary comments from the commentator about Argentina's manager. He makes my skin scrawl!
I do agree but Sampaoli left the pitch immediately after the whistle - no celebrating with the players.  Not a good sign.

Mince n Tatties

Good young side Nigeria,just get over exited at times.
Another 4 years and they will be a big threat.

Milo

Quote from: SP on June 26, 2018, 08:49:21 PM
Diego the cheat shows his class with a double middle fingered solute to the crowd.

Nasty piece of work isn't he.

To publicly defame the Argentina team for struggling this year when he relied on drugs to make a name for himself is shameful.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SP on June 26, 2018, 08:49:21 PM

What a sad cretin he has become.
Disgraceful what he did.