watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

A first for VAR in that a referee finally stood by his decision. Head and shoulders better than that idiot last night.

Tabby

Sweden currently winning and Germany going out. Have to imagine that Germany will beat Korea though.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Tabby on June 27, 2018, 04:18:16 PM
Sweden currently winning and Germany going out. Have to imagine that Germany will beat Korea though.
South Korea looking quite good at the moment. Almost unheard of Germany going out in the group stage!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Mince n Tatties

They Are Out....Bye Bye😂

Tabby

Sweden and Mexico through, what a group!

F(f)CUK

Tabby

Mince n Tatties

That Korean Goalie has impressed me.
Commands his area,shot stops,catches everything.
Who does he play for?

Woolly Mammoth

I am pleased for the Swedish Manager, who took a lot of abuse the other night from the Arrogant Germans.
A few on here also thought they only had to turn up at the Final.
Karma.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

You just have to love football.  There's nothing quite like it. 

ron

Schadenfreude is alive and well!!!

Neil D

I'm quite pleased to see Germany out but I think the Radio 5 commentary was the real disgrace - not the German performance.  There was no attempt at an objective assessment of the German team - just sheer delight at their defeat.  It says more about England's seeming sense of inferiority vis a vis the Germans than anything else.  England and their supporters should be bigger than this.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Fantastic Stuff.

I think VAR is adding some great drama to the games in general, and maybe levelling the playing field for the smaller nations.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 27, 2018, 04:55:59 PM
That Korean Goalie has impressed me.
Commands his area,shot stops,catches everything.
Who does he play for?

Dunno, but I like his 1980s New Romantic haircut.

toshes mate

Quote from: Neil D on June 27, 2018, 05:42:13 PM
I'm quite pleased to see Germany out but I think the Radio 5 commentary was the real disgrace - not the German performance.  There was no attempt at an objective assessment of the German team - just sheer delight at their defeat.  It says more about England's seeming sense of inferiority vis a vis the Germans than anything else.  England and their supporters should be bigger than this.
If you can't have a smile and a hoot about the German's being sent packing by South Korea in a game of football then what is life all about?  They'd have been laughing in our faces just like they did to the Swedish team last game.  And so far as the German players were concerned who had a game rating much above two/three?

Tabby

On a different note, Ludwig Augustinsson, who we have been linked with scored a goal and picked up MOTM in the Sweden - Mexico game. Looked tidy all game.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Tabby on June 27, 2018, 04:55:53 PM
2-0 Korea  :wine:
The keeper plays for Daegu in the Korean league.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Please Mitro don't go and score a couple against Brazil,or they will want 40million.

Mince n Tatties

Have you noticed how many times they've called him Fulham striker.