watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Don't like when a legitimate goal stands how press and pundits say it's a goal for VAR.. it's not.. VAR may have been called in to make sure it was legitimate but it's a legitimate goal first and foremost not a VAR goal.

Wish people would put the football ability first over VAR, especially when the goal is scored legitimately.

If that happens more than not then you  should be looking to the ref having more confidence in the football being played over VAR

Jurassic Parker

Anyone else see Mitrovic take a foot in the groin there

Had to laugh, only type of contact ive ever seen make him scream and hit the ground in a neymar esque fashion, understandably!

F(f)CUK

Mitrovic may just be about to start resting for the new season.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: toshes mate on June 27, 2018, 05:50:06 PM
Quote from: Neil D on June 27, 2018, 05:42:13 PM
I'm quite pleased to see Germany out but I think the Radio 5 commentary was the real disgrace - not the German performance.  There was no attempt at an objective assessment of the German team - just sheer delight at their defeat.  It says more about England's seeming sense of inferiority vis a vis the Germans than anything else.  England and their supporters should be bigger than this.
If you can't have a smile and a hoot about the German's being sent packing by South Korea in a game of football then what is life all about?  They'd have been laughing in our faces just like they did to the Swedish team last game.  And so far as the German players were concerned who had a game rating much above two/three?
Got to agree... as someone else said 'Schadenfreude' is alive and well.
Some of us still remember Euro '96 with the Germans on the balcony singing "Football's coming home".
If we cannot enjoy the Germans having a bit of a nightmare, then life ain't worth living  :)
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

F(f)CUK

I was giving a presentation via Skype to a US audience today. At the end of it I was told that it must be late and I should enjoy a pint. I said that it is only 6pm, but I might raise a glass to Germany going out of the World Cup. I was greeted with a load of murmuring. It seems that there was a large German contingent in the audience.

Asotosyios

Mitrovic could/should have scored one of these two headers.

The Rock

One good thing is with Serbia's lacklustre defence, is they will be done in about 20 mins.

Mitro will have played his part well, but not too well. That will mean he can move on from the WC and focus on club.

I don't think his value has gone significantly higher or lower. The fact that he hasn't had a lot of service doesn't hurt us I don't think.

Count Flapula

Just got booked too - the wicked part of me almost wants to see him get a second yellow now to wipe a few million off of Mike Cashley's alleged Jackanory valuation of him 😈

Twig

Mitro hasn't really done anything to add to his value tonight. Missed a couple of headed chances and picked up a silly booking.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2018, 08:57:55 PM
Quote from: SP on June 26, 2018, 08:49:21 PM
Diego the cheat shows his class with a double middle fingered solute to the crowd.

What a sad cretin he has become.
Disgraceful what he did.

I remember what the cheating druggie Goblin did in 1986, I hope the next dump he has is an angry Hedgehog.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LondonCalling

SWSixer

So when was the last time England went further than Germany in a World Cup?

Holders

It's nice that, for once, England are staying in a competition longer than the Germans but the Sun and Metro headlines today are disgraceful. Germany had enough chances to have beaten S.Korea comfortably.

We have to play Belgium today - I wonder who'll be laughing this evening?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Rock

Not sure England or Belgium will have a starting 11.

Are there any restrictions on the amount of changes that can be made? Can Southgate put out the "second" eleven if he chose to do so?

Carborundum

Quote from: The Rock on June 28, 2018, 01:16:00 PM
Not sure England or Belgium will have a starting 11.

Are there any restrictions on the amount of changes that can be made? Can Southgate put out the "second" eleven if he chose to do so?
Feel fairly sure he can do as he pleases. With a squad size of 23 and an unfit Dele Alli, the only way he could play a true second XI would be to put one of the goalies in the outfield.  Otherwise at least one of our starters must continue to start.

Having said that, if he did put a goalie in midfield, I'd expect them to do better than Neuer.

The farce potential for tonight's game isn't, to my mind, so much about starting line ups than it is for conceding goals or yellow cards.  That really could happen, but probably won't.  Conspiracy theories will abound whatever happens. 

bill taylors apprentice

Fabian Delph in the team (and the squad)

Whats all that about! 

Tabby

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 28, 2018, 08:27:00 PM

Whats all that about!

Who would you have instead? Delph is also very versatile which is important.

Jamie88

Quote from: Tabby on June 28, 2018, 08:36:05 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 28, 2018, 08:27:00 PM

Whats all that about!

Who would you have instead? Delph is also very versatile which is important.

Anyone else, Delph is awful

Tabby

When the alternative option is Jake Livermore, Delph is good enough.

Jamie88

Quote from: Tabby on June 28, 2018, 08:42:42 PM
When the alternative option is Jake Livermore, Delph is good enough.

But that's not the alternative option, Livermore isn't in the World Cup squad...