watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

What a shocking performance. Not an ounce of quality. Belgium running rings round us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Dodgin

It seemed we were playing for that result

grandad

Quote from: Dodgin on June 28, 2018, 08:53:16 PM
It seemed we were playing for that result

Never ever should a side go out to lose. Pride went out the window tonight. They were a disgrace to the 3 lions badge. Columbia will be no push overs.

Lighthouse

Well if we didn't deliberately miss two open goals. We may have real problems in the next match.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

Lose 1-0 with our second string. Meltdown.
Hate losing but this result is in our favour.

VicHalomsLovechild

I must of being watching another game. This is a young English team full of raw talent. I might be wrong but you grow and get better as a tournament goes on. Unlike previous competitions we now have more than eleven players with game time. We have a manager who doesn't seem that interested in his profile or where his next contract is coming from. This has to be the first England team for ages devoid of egos that has the ability to really shine! I really believe this team has a chance.

Twig

Hopeless overreaction from one or two on here. This was a team of mainly young, mainly squad players. What it showed us wa that the manager has probably got his first choice eleven about right.  They were not a disgrace, Belgium did not run rings round them, but they were just about second best mainly due to poor final balls into and around the box. Vardy for example got very little to run on to.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on June 28, 2018, 09:26:41 PM
I must of being watching another game. This is a young English team full of raw talent. I might be wrong but you grow and get better as a tournament goes on. Unlike previous competitions we now have more than eleven players with game time. We have a manager who doesn't seem that interested in his profile or where his next contract is coming from. This has to be the first England team for ages devoid of egos that has the ability to really shine! I really believe this team has a chance.

Agreed, this is a sensible and level headed post. ⚽️👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on June 28, 2018, 11:13:26 PM
Hopeless overreaction from one or two on here. This was a team of mainly young, mainly squad players. What it showed us wa that the manager has probably got his first choice eleven about right.  They were not a disgrace, Belgium did not run rings round them, but they were just about second best mainly due to poor final balls into and around the box. Vardy for example got very little to run on to.

Agreed, this is a sensible and a level headed post. ⚽️👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 28, 2018, 09:16:24 PM
Lose 1-0 with our second string. Meltdown.
Hate losing but this result is in our favour.

Agreed this is a sensible and level headed post ⚽️👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on June 28, 2018, 08:49:01 PM
What a shocking performance. Not an ounce of quality. Belgium running rings round us.

🆘 What a load of Cobblers, you must start screwing your head on properly when you get out of bed in the asylum. 🆘

Never forget your Roots.

Pud

I'm not optimistic about Tuesday's game and I think Colombia will be pleased that they are playing us and not Belgium.

Maccy91

It was Belgium reserves 1 - 0 England Reserves, big woop. We were already through, and now every single outfield players has game time going into the knock out stage, how often does that happen? We are now on the easier side of the drawer but with a considerably more difficult task in the round of 16. Bare in mind james rodriguez (Columbias neymar/messi/ronaldo) went off after half an hour yesterday with a recurrence of the same injury that kept him out of the first game. Columbia are a very good side, i watched their game against poland and it was one of the performances of the tournament for me, but the architect to almost everything good they did in that game was down to rodriguez.

Im confident with or without him we would be able to beat them but our chances increase significantly with him not on the field.

Saying that if pickford insists on punching every shot back into the danger area falcoa will gobble them up     

Holders

Quote from: Pud on June 29, 2018, 06:20:46 AM
I'm not optimistic about Tuesday's game and I think Colombia will be pleased that they are playing us and not Belgium.

I'm sure you're right.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ron

It seems that the key issue of the Belgium defeat is whether it breaks the momentum and spirit of the watching "first eleven", or whether it fires them up to think they can do much better vs Columbia. I'm sure the Gaffer won't let the first happen.

As to future rounds, the old saying; "No path of roses leads to glory" seems to fit. All teams who come through the group stage are there for a reason.

F(f)CUK

I think people are under estimating Colombia.  I have them in my sweepstake and Cuadrado has been running the games. I definitely would have preferred to play Japan next.

Woolly Mammoth

It is what it is. No good worrying, and Columbia are a good side. However England are no mugs, and Columbia will be worried also, because if they aren't they should be. They would not have learnt anything if they watched us yesterday.
Its human nature, but it's all on the day.
We have seen some very close games in this World Cup, and this could be another one.
On the other hand, if England get their act together, they should advance into the Quarter Finals, but as we know it's easier said than done. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿⚽️👍

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

No easy way to the final I think. England has struggled against organized defenses before, both Sweden and Switzerland are at least as good at that as Iceland for example.

Will probably be tight games, but where is the fun without that?

grandad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 28, 2018, 11:28:13 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 28, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

🆘 What a load of Cobblers, you must start screwing your head on properly when you get out of bed in the asylum. 🆘

No need for this abusive reply to what was my personal opinion.

Maidstone Lee

Has anyone had any luck with a bet or two since the World Cup started?
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19