https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gezkc

Quote from: Tabby on June 30, 2018, 04:16:59 PM
What a glorious hit from Pavard!

Perfect strike! This is turning into quite a game.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 30, 2018, 01:01:23 PM
Are the French the ugliest side in the World Cup?  Their attitude of excessive diving and rolling around is the worst of any nation I have witnessed so far.  The African-Franco Umtiti is the prime culprit with Louis Hernandez coming in close second - he was roundly booed by the Ausssies for his reprehensible tactics.

The problem is the referees seem to encourage such behaviour rather than let the football speak for itself.  France also performed a diabolical draw to ensure they topped the group, again another reason to dislike the "Frogs". 

One hopes the Argies knock them out, if not now, then Brazil shall later!

If there is one team I would like to see knocked out and crushed to pulp, and that's Argentina, they are everything I dislike about football, they will go to any lengths to cheat no matter the consequences.
You only have to watch them surround the referee, they are like a pack of dogs, trying get opponents sent off and trying to cheat and feigning injury at every opportunity.
They have no shame, no grace no dignity.
They are from a different planet. A despicable team.
I hope France can do the job, before we may have to.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Mbappe making Messi look like a carthorse....
Go France give then another.

Woolly Mammoth

It's look as though we may have our wish. 🤞
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Mbappe is 19 ..... a real worldwide wonderkid.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

Can't understand teams sometimes,you have to finish sides off...At 4-2 they were well on top and could have got more if they went for it...But sides these days seem to just see games out.
What happens The Argies get a last minute goal.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 30, 2018, 04:59:07 PM
Can't understand teams sometimes,you have to finish sides off...At 4-2 they were well on top and could have got more if they went for it...But sides these days seem to just see games out.
What happens The Argies get a last minute goal.
They did...

Messi.was such a forlorn figure at the end there, like a character in a maudalin romance movie when his love has just died or something.

Fulhamfan666

The African-Franco Umtiti is the prime culprit with Louis Hernandez coming in close second - he was roundly booed by the Ausssies for his reprehensible tactics.

I'm struggling to understand what his African descent has to do with any of this? or is this your way of saying that because he is black that he is more likely to dive? Or..?

What is wrong with you lmao

Tabby

Peach of a goal that from Cavani. Been many beautiful goals so far today.

aaronmcguigan

Stolen off twitter but I know you lot love your puns

"Don't cry 4-3 Argentina"

St. Andrews White

Best chest goal I think I've ever seen lol
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

St. Andrews White

Uruguay are a really well-drilled side with some very decent players. If they can get past Portugal who knows how far they'll go
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 30, 2018, 06:13:08 PM
The African-Franco Umtiti is the prime culprit with Louis Hernandez coming in close second - he was roundly booed by the Ausssies for his reprehensible tactics.

I'm struggling to understand what his African descent has to do with any of this? or is this your way of saying that because he is black that he is more likely to dive? Or..?

Louis Hernandez is white!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Neil D

Two cracking games today with some truly stunning goals.  Cavani's second maybe the best of them.

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 30, 2018, 08:15:14 PM

I think he is referring to your comment about Samuel Umtiti who is black.  Sometimes Nick I really wonder where your head is at.

Fulhamfan666

1500.gif
Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 30, 2018, 08:15:14 PM

1500.gif

bobbo

Off the thread , I'd love to see a new/different country win it this year, that is if we don't and my preference is croatia
1975 just leaving home full of hope

gezkc

I know some people on here have criticised Fulham in the past for not having a plan B when playing teams who set out to stifle our patient passing game. Spain are another thing entirely though - I've never seen a team so unwilling or unable to change their game when it's clearly not working.

Penalties now - this could be Spain going out!

Tabby

Spain are out. Looked a bit like a worse Germany this game I thought. The Germans at least managed to create chances.

ron

Russia win it by two falls to nil at that last free kick. VAR makes these results as convincing as the old Saturday afternoon wrestling used to be.