watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

World Cup - My Thread!!!

Started by davew, July 03, 2018, 10:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Off back to France 2moro where I lived for 11 years and looking forward to hearing their opinions on what they think their team will achieve this World Cup, will start the conversation late in the evening when I can understand French better than in the cold light of day! As for this evening's match, what can I say, well I suppose it must be well done to our national team for getting through especially on penalties, is that a first? I don't think there are any outstanding teams in this World Cup as in previous tournaments, so anybody can win it!! My gut feeling is that it will be Brazil or France, our 1/2 of the draw suggests we should at least get to the final, but then?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

All the remaining teams will fancy their chances, and why not. It's an extraordinary World Cup, whereupon nobody can take anybody for granted.
Please Send my regards to Bridget Bardot.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 03, 2018, 10:47:53 PM
All the remaining teams will fancy their chances, and why not. It's an extraordinary World Cup, whereupon nobody can take anybody for granted.

I will do that Woolly, is she still alive? What is extraordinary is that we are still in the competition after a penalty shoot out! I will be watching the 1/4 finals in France sitting beside my old lake and just hope that I can keep the wine, Gordons and Tonic cool enouigh during the matches, otherwise I will be back on here complaining as usual (lol)!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on July 03, 2018, 11:01:54 PM

I will do that Woolly, is she still alive? What is extraordinary is that we are still in the competition after a penalty shoot out! I will be watching the 1/4 finals in France sitting beside my old lake and just hope that I can keep the wine, Gordons and Tonic cool enouigh during the matches, otherwise I will be back on here complaining as usual (lol)!

I have never known you to complain davew. Let's hope you will be celebrating England beating Sweden quarters with wine Gordon's and Tonic.
Bridget Bardot must be around 83 at least and still going strong. 

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 03, 2018, 11:08:22 PM
Quote from: davew on July 03, 2018, 11:01:54 PM

I have never known you to complain davew. Let's hope you will be celebrating England beating Sweden quarters with wine Gordon's and Tonic.
Bridget Bardot must be around 83 at least and still going strong. 
Quite right, me complain Woolly and of course yes I was celebrating with the beverages you named! Great result but can't say we were that impressive except of course in scoring the penalties. Quelle surpris!

bobbo

Yes very nice roger but for all the old boys around my age Brigette takes the biscuit.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 03, 2018, 11:56:04 PM
Or Brigitte even.

Thank you for correcting me, it was today's deliberate mistake, I was testing to see if you were alert.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on July 04, 2018, 09:26:20 AM
Yes very nice roger but for all the old boys around my age Brigette takes the biscuit.

I would not mind taking both Francoise and Brigette if they played their cards right.

Never forget your Roots.