watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ITV not fit to show England games

Started by Nick Bateman, July 04, 2018, 05:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose returns

two words from me.... what is life without debate?
if you spot any deliberate errors n this post I do not think it needs to be discussed
pleased to have me back? :-)

Forever Fulham

I loved that game because Colombia was the only dark horse team I thought had a fair chance to go all the way, and I like the way they play.  But I made England my team  for the Cup at the outset so I was big time conflicted.  I don't think Colombia cheated any more than any of the teams I've watched thus far.  I think they had more overall skill, but without their leader and star, James R., they had an uphill fight to beat England.  I was sitting in a pub in Quebec City (inaptly named the St. Patrick's Pub because there wasn't a scintilla of Irishness about the place) eating and drinking ever so slowly as the staff wanted to flip my table ASAP, the bastards.  (If you go there, don't eat anything with "poutine" in the description.) Out of nowhere Colombians filled two large tables.  What the hell?  In a phony Irish pub in Quebec City of all places.  The only time they piped up was when their team equalised three minutes into stoppage time.  Weird.  Might have been migrant farm workers.  They each nursed one beer throughout the entire game.   I think England whistled past the graveyard during kicks at the end.   England missed first.  But there was something about the body language of the last Colombian to miss (Uribe?) that made me think 'he's feeling the pressure; he's going to screw up, sure as anything.'  And did he ever. Well, good for the English keeper!  He wouldn't have been my choice when picking the team, but he kept his composure and did his job.  Bon mots to him.  Keep it going, England.  You're on a roll.